Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Re: Week 14 Game Thread. 

Post#361 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:42 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:They had that last night *if* the offense did struggle.

Gilmore completely owned the Eagle WRs and the defense showed up big, Dallas would have won that game with just half of Dak's production.

Playoffs will be much different than "last night, December 11th", especially if Cowboys cant win the division and have to play road games all the way.

All the contenders in NFC can and will run the ball very well, if you cant stop the run and Dak predictably struggles those passing lanes will open up and it will end up another Niners like massacre. Even the worst version of Eagles got 4.6 ypc last night.

Dallas has huge fan showings on the road and the only team that I'm concerned about is SF.

Speaking of SF they lost 3 in a row, they are capable of being picked off early in the post season. Not sure id be real confident as a 9ers fan.

Historically, the Cowboys more than hold their own against the Niners in the playoffs, even at their place. And after the 3 most recent losses to the Niners, I am certain the next time we meet the outcome will be different. I'm looking forward to the next meeting.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#362 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:They had that last night *if* the offense did struggle.

Gilmore completely owned the Eagle WRs and the defense showed up big, Dallas would have won that game with just half of Dak's production.

Playoffs will be much different than "last night, December 11th", especially if Cowboys cant win the division and have to play road games all the way.

All the contenders in NFC can and will run the ball very well, if you cant stop the run and Dak predictably struggles those passing lanes will open up and it will end up another Niners like massacre. Even the worst version of Eagles got 4.6 ypc last night.

Dallas has huge fan showings on the road and the only team that I'm concerned about is SF.

Speaking of SF they lost 3 in a row, they are capable of being picked off early in the post season. Not sure id be real confident as a 9ers fan.

Many things can change, namely injuries, but Niners can be as confident as anyone in NFC- most would agree they are the most complete team in the league. They are not a 17-0 level team but dont think games in October will bear any importance come playoffs.

You are not going to take homefield away from Niners and Eagles in a playoff game no matter how much you travel, I'd wager Lions as well, they'll go ape **** crazy for their first homefield playoff games in decades. No other team really matters. That's why he said Cowboys are a second round type of team, they can get a win against a poor NFC South team in the first round then crash next step.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco

Post#363 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:44 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
El Turco wrote:

Historically, the Cowboys more than hold their own against the Niners in the playoffs, even at their place. And after the 3 most recent losses to the Niners, I am certain the next time we meet the outcome will be different. I'm looking forward to the next meeting.

:lol:

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#364 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:49 pm

I mean, I will concede that I am not confident in Dallas going into SF and winning in the post season.

But that is IT...I'm confident in everything outside of that.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,505

Post#365 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
El Turco wrote:

Lol the Niners would just repeat what they did to you earlier this year. The Cowboys are no match for them.

Then you'll be back here saying how Dak & McCarthy are losers & so on...

It's like clockwork. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#366 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:55 pm

Dallas would be underdogs to SF, but any given Sunday.

The 16-0 Randy Moss Patriots are IMO the most skilled NFL team ever...and they lost in the SB.

They'd probably beat the Giants 9 out of 10 times that season...but they let one go
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#367 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:56 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I mean, I will concede that I am not confident in Dallas going into SF and winning in the post season.'

Why not? After our last chip in 1996, Cowboys are 5-2 vs. Niners in the playoffs. 3 of the wins were on their home turf.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#368 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dallas has huge fan showings on the road and the only team that I'm concerned about is SF.

Lol the Niners would just repeat what they did to you earlier this year. The Cowboys are no match for them.

There are a lot of circumstances that will make it different this time.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#369 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:58 pm

Dallas has a good team. But at the same time it's clear that Philly isn't playing at their best at the moment. The Niners are simply not a good matchup for them.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#370 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I mean, I will concede that I am not confident in Dallas going into SF and winning in the post season.'

Why not? After our last chip in 1996, Cowboys are 5-2 vs. Niners in the playoffs. 3 of the wins were on their home turf.

The reality is that those past seasons have zero bearing on the present.

Just like Dak losing in previous seasons has no bearing on this season.

This is a reality that most NFL fans choose to ignore.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#371 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Dallas has a good team. But at the same time it's clear that Philly isn't playing at their best at the moment. The Niners are simply not a good matchup for them.

If your going to be the best, you have to beat the best. And the best team is the Niners. I want them.
El Turco

Post#372 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dallas has huge fan showings on the road and the only team that I'm concerned about is SF.

Dont forget after Niners smash them, he'll become a fan of whoever Niners play next and celebrate as if his team won if Niners lose. I dont think new Eagles fans here know this, but he was a hardcore Eagles fan for one glorious week :lol:

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#373 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:01 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

The reality is that those past seasons have zero bearing on the present.

Just like Dak losing in previous seasons has no bearing on this season.

This is a reality that most NFL fans choose to ignore.

I understand. Its food for thought and seeds to plant in their heads.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#374 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:04 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Dallas has a good team. But at the same time it's clear that Philly isn't playing at their best at the moment. The Niners are simply not a good matchup for them.

Well, for one thing we won't have to go through he shock of losing Diggs for the season again and if we stay healthy we won't have 3 starting O-lineman out this time.
El Turco

Post#375 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:06 pm

Games from 5-10-20 years ago has no importance while projecting a game, but games from a year or two ago does have some importance, especially if the quarterbacks, head coaches, schemes, systems are the same. You can tell how certain quarterbacks and head coaches will respond under certain situations by looking at the recent matchups.

Obviously it is not everything but it is definitely something, you can bicker about how much is that something, if you care. I know Vegas would take last two playoffs' and this season's game into account when deciding on the spread.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#376 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:06 pm

El Turco wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Historically, the Cowboys more than hold their own against the Niners in the playoffs, even at their place. And after the 3 most recent losses to the Niners, I am certain the next time we meet the outcome will be different. I'm looking forward to the next meeting.

Dont forget after Niners smash them, he'll become a fan of whoever Niners play next and celebrate as if his team won if Niners lose. I dont think new Eagles fans here know this, but he was a hardcore Eagles fan for one glorious week :lol:

It's the Chiefs until they lose.
El Turco

Post#377 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:23 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Lol the Niners would just repeat what they did to you earlier this year. The Cowboys are no match for them.

It's the Chiefs until they lose.

viewtopic.php?p=103761745#p103761745

so classy, yet so poignant

Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#378 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:27 pm

El Turco wrote:Games from 5-10-20 years ago has no importance while projecting a game, but games from a year or two ago does have some importance, especially if the quarterbacks, head coaches, schemes, systems are the same. You can tell how a certain quarterbacks and head coaches will respond under certain situations by looking at the previous games.

Obviously it is not everything but it is definitely something, you can bicker about how much is that something, if you care. I know Vegas would take last two playoffs' and this season's game into account when deciding on the spread.

Humans are dumb. That is why at a Vegas roulette table there is a screen showing the previous results. Because humans are dumb enough to believe that if it landed on red 5 times in a row, that it has to land on black this time! BET BIG! But no, the odds are 49/49% (two green spots) no matter what, even if it landed on red 100 times in a row.

Previous results don't mean a damn thing...how they are playing RIGHT NOW is all that matters.
El Turco

Post#379 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:33 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
El Turco wrote:Games from 5-10-20 years ago has no importance while projecting a game, but games from a year or two ago does have some importance, especially if the quarterbacks, head coaches, schemes, systems are the same. You can tell how a certain quarterbacks and head coaches will respond under certain situations by looking at the previous games.

Humans are dumb. That is why at a Vegas roulette table there is a screen showing the previous results. Because humans are dumb enough to believe that if it landed on red 5 times in a row, that it has to land on black this time! BET BIG! But no, the odds are 49/49% (two green spots) no matter what, even if it landed on red 100 times in a row.

Previous results don't mean a damn thing...how they are playing RIGHT NOW is all that matters.

Yeah you are 100 percent wrong. There is a reason coaches spend countless hours watching tape of previous matchups, and the best coaches are the ones that use the info from the previous encounters most effectively. Best predictor of future behavior is past behavior or past performance, albeit not absolute.

I wonder if incompetency of a team's coaching staff rubs on to the team's supporters :lol:

Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#380 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:36 pm

El Turco wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Yeah you are 100 percent wrong. There is a reason coaches spend countless hours watching tape of previous matchups, and the best coaches are the ones that use the info from the previous encounters most effectively. Best predictor of future behavior is past behavior or past performance, albeit not absolute.

I wonder if incompetency of a team's coaching staff rubs on to the team's supporters :lol:

If Dallas goes into SF they will be reviewing tape of their recent games, not previous seasons lol :lol:

The current is all that matters, they don't give a s#$t what happened 3 years ago.

Return to The General NFL Board