2023 NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Re: 2023 NFL Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#41 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:16 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Any update on this? Before i commit my budget to other leagues (NBA/NFL) that are starting their signups… a target draft date and potential buyin amount would he nice…

Agreed. Jack needs to get his stuff together and let's get the ball rolling

First we need 10 players willing to play in a money league. Second, for those want to play in the money league vs. the free league, those participants need to make sure they are not from a state regulated from playing in a commissioned league like Yahoo. Once we get that figured out, we can all decide the amount and draft night and I will set it up because Jack can't in his state. I just found out this morning.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:43 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The plan is to have two separate leagues.

One is the ESPN standard league. The other is a prize league (Yahoo). That includes a standard entry fee.

Anyone here is welcome.

So no vetting to ensure you have inactive owners? That’s a red flag…

The concept of a prize league should solve that issue.

The other league will involve more of a vetting process. :wink:

And I forgot to save the States in your PM to me earlier that are regulated from participating in commissioned money leagues. I know Washington State, where you are is one of them, which really sucks.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,485

Post#43 » by azcatz11 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Any update on this? Before i commit my budget to other leagues (NBA/NFL) that are starting their signups… a target draft date and potential buyin amount would he nice…

First we need 10 players willing to play in a money league. Second, for those want to play in the money league vs. the free league, those participants need to make sure they are not from a state regulated from playing in a commissioned league like Yahoo. Once we get that figured out, we can all decide the amount and draft night and I will set it up because Jack can't in his state. I just found out this morning.

We can just all send to Jack and he can pay out end of season
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,510

Post#44 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:39 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:And I forgot to save the States in your PM to me earlier that are regulated from participating in commissioned money leagues. I know Washington State, where you are is one of them, which really sucks.

Users located in all tribal lands in Arizona, Connecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Washington, Michigan, Quebec and Ontario are not eligible to participate in private prize leagues.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#45 » by azcatz11 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:45 pm

Sounds like BJJ is stalling / trying to sabotage this league bc he’s scared?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#46 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:03 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Sounds like BJJ is stalling / trying to sabotage this league bc he’s scared?

Scared of what? I saw how you flopped last year. :wink: :lol:
I set up the money league last year after all the smack talk from many of the posters in here to have one, nobody showed up or took interest when it was time to sign up and play. So with a week to go I changed the league set up from a private invitation to open invitation and it filled up in two days. Everyone liked how the league went so much we ended up setting up another league again this year with the same players.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#47 » by azcatz11 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Sounds like BJJ is stalling / trying to sabotage this league bc he’s scared?

I set up the money league last year after all the smack talk from many of the posters in here to have one, nobody showed up or took interest when it was time to sign up and play. So with a week to go I changed the league set up from a private invitation to open invitation and it filled up in two days. Everyone liked how the league went so much we ended up setting up another league again this year with the same players.

It's August 14th and we don't have any details. The season starts in 3 weeks.

Please confirm the details and where we can register....
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:13 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

What details are you looking for? The settings for the league? It will be on Yahoo once we get 10 players. I can set it up in about 45 minutes once we get 10 managers, players or whatever. I can tell you it will be exactly like Jack's league from last year with one change. It will still be full PPR for WR's, however RB's get .5 per carry. 1-QB and 2-flex positions.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#49 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:04 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Rosters:

QB-1
RB-1
RB -1
WR-1
WR-1
TE-1
Flex-1
Flex-1
K-1
DEF-1
Bench - 7
IR-3

Full PPR for WR's and .5 for RB's. Rest of the scoring is standard of what most leagues have except QB's get 6 points for T.D. pass instead of 4 points.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,500

Post#50 » by durden_tyler » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Not only state— but countries. Am from one (Philippines) where we can’t even deposit as Yahoo i guess has not explored how to go through the regulations here.

I still have a bunch of money leagues, but we use free ones and then just pay externally. I was hoping the set up was similar here (thus the bitcoin suggestion; and maybe if push comes to shove, will create paypal or explore (international) bank transfer.)

I don’t want to trouble everyone if that’s too much of a hassle, if at all i can’t join(pay) in that money league but willing to join the free one (boohoo, i just hope it’s the same quality league, half the managers just leave their teams halfway in the season when they suffer injuries and/or start losing in most random international free leagues i join)
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#51 » by azcatz11 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Not only state— but countries. Am from one (Philippines) where we can’t even deposit as Yahoo i guess has not explored how to go through the regulations here.

I still have a bunch of money leagues, but we use free ones and then just pay externally. I was hoping the set up was similar here (thus the bitcoin suggestion; and maybe if push comes to shove, will create paypal or explore (international) bank transfer.)

I don’t want to trouble everyone if that’s too much of a hassle, if at all i can’t join(pay) in that money league but willing to join the free one (boohoo, i just hope it’s the same quality league, half the managers just leave their teams halfway in the season when they suffer injuries and/or start losing in most random international free leagues i join)

I'm not really sure why Jack or BJJ can't hold the money. That part isn't clear to me. The funds can be sent via Venmo, Zelle, or whatever.

As far as the free league, I am a member and I take it very seriously.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#52 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:44 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

The Quality of the league will be no issues I can assure you that. All the guys in Jack's league are all smart as a whip and know their football. Trust me. Despite a couple of past runner ups, it took me 7 years to finally win. Let's just say you better be prepared draft night. These guys will whip your azz if you let them. :wink:
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#53 » by durden_tyler » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:37 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:First we need 10 players willing to play in a money league. Second, for those want to play in the money league vs. the free league, those participants need to make sure they are not from a state regulated from playing in a commissioned league like Yahoo. Once we get that figured out, we can all decide the amount and draft night and I will set it up because Jack can't in his state. I just found out this morning.

The Quality of the league will be no issues I can assure you that. All the guys in Jack's league are all smart as a whip and know their football. Trust me. Despite a couple of past runner ups, it took me 7 years to finally win. Let's just say you better be prepared draft night. These guys will whip your azz if you let them. :wink:

Great to hear that. My examples are some random public leagues on Yahoo or ESPN. But i guess being in the same forum (or most) isn’t so random and/or so public so that helps.

Also, why 10 only? Is that intentional or just lack of interested players? Am relatively an NFL fantasy noob (started 2019, but playing NBA fantasy since 2003. LOL) but played in leagues that featured 14, 14, 14 and 16 teams so i want to know what’s the standard size for other leagues? What’s the optimal number of managers? (personally i don’t care, like in the NBA i want the full 20 team leagues for maximum bloodbath )
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#54 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:52 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Not only state— but countries. Am from one (Philippines) where we can’t even deposit as Yahoo i guess has not explored how to go through the regulations here.

Great to hear that. My examples are some random public leagues on Yahoo or ESPN. But i guess being in the same forum (or most) isn’t so random and/or so public so that helps.

Also, why 10 only? Is that intentional or just lack of interested players? Am relatively an NFL fantasy noob (started 2019, but playing NBA fantasy since 2003. LOL) but played in leagues that featured 14, 14, 14 and 16 teams so i want to know what’s the standard size for other leagues? What’s the optimal number of managers? (personally i don’t care, like in the NBA i want the full 20 team leagues for maximum bloodbath )

Last year we were a 8 team league. We are trying to get it back to 10. If there is that much interest, I'm sure Jack and the other 7 fantasy owners could have a discussion and vote to expand the league. Jack probably can give you more info on all that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#55 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:06 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Not only state— but countries. Am from one (Philippines) where we can’t even deposit as Yahoo i guess has not explored how to go through the regulations here.

All standard pro league teams in Yahoo and ESPN are 10 team leagues. There are quite a few 8,12, 14 team leagues on both sites however they are custom leagues. You can join a custom league or create your own for others to join. So much depends on the league settings however when setting up your league. For instance, I wouldn't recommend a 2 QB roster league in a 12+ team league. It would be a disaster for half the teams.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#56 » by durden_tyler » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:09 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The Quality of the league will be no issues I can assure you that. All the guys in Jack's league are all smart as a whip and know their football. Trust me. Despite a couple of past runner ups, it took me 7 years to finally win. Let's just say you better be prepared draft night. These guys will whip your azz if you let them. :wink:

All standard pro league teams in Yahoo and ESPN are 10 team leagues. There are quite a few 8,12, 14 team leagues on both sites however they are custom leagues. You can join a custom league or create your own for others to join. So much depends on the league settings however when setting up your league. For instance, I wouldn't recommend a 2 QB roster league in a 12+ team league. It would be a disaster for half the teams.

Yeah sure, 10 sounds standard enough. Way easier to navigate than my current 16 teamers. LOL. So hopefully we finalize something here and set up the draft date soon!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#57 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:39 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Great to hear that. My examples are some random public leagues on Yahoo or ESPN. But i guess being in the same forum (or most) isn’t so random and/or so public so that helps.

Yeah sure, 10 sounds standard enough. Way easier to navigate than my current 16 teamers. LOL. So hopefully we finalize something here and set up the draft date soon!

I'm sure when Jack hears from all the players from last year we will get down to business and finalize everything as soon as possible.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:35 pm

To my knowledge we only have heard from 5 possible players. Tyler, AZCatz11, myself, Jack and Jwise. Can't confirm anything else at this point.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#59 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:27 pm

If anyone wants and is able to play in a custom money league in yahoo, PM me. I have 2 $75.00 money leagues all ready set up. The first one is this Saturday. Most likely I will set one more up for the last weekend before the regular season starts.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#60 » by durden_tyler » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:If anyone wants and is able to play in a custom money league in yahoo, PM me. I have 2 $75.00 money leagues all ready set up. The first one is this Saturday. Most likely I will set one more up for the last weekend before the regular season starts.

Ugh the “restricted location” error always gets me. Can’t deposit so can’t play. Yahoo sucks. ( no they don’t i’ve used it for 20 years now but can only play free)

Return to The General NFL Board