Week 8 Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Re: Week 8 Thread 

Post#401 » by last stand » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:24 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Yeah, RS games. I don't get it, have they proven more in the playoffs than Dak? Up to this point, they've all lost in the playoffs, but Dak has actually had good moments in the playoffs, and the Cowboys have consistently been one of the better teams in the league since he took over. The Jaguars actually look good for the first time this year, and the Chargers are having another losing season thus far. Last year they went 10-7 and choked a huge lead away, and we want to act like that's more impressive than what the Cowboys have done under Dak?

I don't think there's been as big of a difference in supporting cast as you're saying. And coaching is clearly not in Dak's favor.

I straight up never thought I’d see someone use post season success as a defense for dak

That’s like using death as a defense for disease

And also I’d like to see a cowboys fan tell me they’d trade the chargers roster and Brandon Staley for what they have?

And the jaguars have literally just hired a real coach last season and have literally just gotten good players. They were picking #1 like 3 years ago.

And the problem with dak is he’s 8 years in having had great rosters around him and has post season success similar to the chargers and jaguars

That’s literally the argument
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#402 » by El Turco » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:25 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
El Turco wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:I’ve been on a massive losing streak - going bears +9.5

I got Chargers then :D

I hate going with high spreads, as seen with the Bills game stupid crap can lead to backdoor covers but I think Chargers will take all their frustrations out of Bears secondary.

Honestly I agree - I just can’t bet on the Chargers. They always do something stupid. But yes, take them and you will win

Better question is why are we watching two crap teams on Sunday primetime? Didnt they have the option to flex it ?
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#403 » by last stand » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:26 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:BTW how 'bout them Jags?

Dougie P can coach

Carson was clearly the iceberg that brought the ship down in 2020
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,679

Post#404 » by GeorgeSears » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:26 pm

Best game the Broncos played in a long time.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,191

Post#405 » by therealbig3 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:27 pm

last stand wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Yeah, RS games. I don't get it, have they proven more in the playoffs than Dak? Up to this point, they've all lost in the playoffs, but Dak has actually had good moments in the playoffs, and the Cowboys have consistently been one of the better teams in the league since he took over. The Jaguars actually look good for the first time this year, and the Chargers are having another losing season thus far. Last year they went 10-7 and choked a huge lead away, and we want to act like that's more impressive than what the Cowboys have done under Dak?

I don't think there's been as big of a difference in supporting cast as you're saying. And coaching is clearly not in Dak's favor.

I straight up never thought I’d see someone use post season success as a defense for dak

And also I’d like to see a cowboys fan tell me they’d trade the chargers roster and Brandon Staley for what they have?

And the jaguars have literally just hired a real coach last season and have literally just gotten good players. They were picking #1 like 3 years ago.

And the problem with dak is he’s 8 years in having had great rosters around him and has post season success similar to the chargers and jaguars

I'm saying Dak has consistently led a winning RS team, that have set themselves up for the PS. It hasn't worked out, they haven't been able to make it far, but you're literally trying to ignore all context and say "well something must be wrong with Dak". Uh, no, it's usually everything except Dak if you actually pay attention to the games. He's someone that is clearly good enough to be part of a SB winning team if things break right around him.

Man, you'd be taking Rex Grossman and Trent Dilfer over Dak if they played right now, because they took teams to the SB. The winning bias is insane.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#406 » by last stand » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:30 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
last stand wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

I'm saying Dak has consistently led a winning RS team, that have set themselves up for the PS. It hasn't worked out, they haven't been able to make it far, but you're literally trying to ignore all context and say "well something must be wrong with Dak". Uh, no, it's usually everything except Dak if you actually pay attention to the games. He's someone that is clearly good enough to be part of a SB winning team if things break right around him.

Man, you'd be taking Rex Grossman and Trent Dilfer over Dak if they played right now, because they took teams to the SB. The winning bias is insane.

Ya dak has never been responsible, that’s why most cowboys fans aren’t about fed up with him

And that last argument is laughable I’ve already had that straw man today.
Dubnation
Analyst
And1: 3,475

Post#407 » by Dubnation » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:34 pm

El Turco wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
El Turco wrote:
I got Chargers then :D

I hate going with high spreads, as seen with the Bills game stupid crap can lead to backdoor covers but I think Chargers will take all their frustrations out of Bears secondary.

Honestly I agree - I just can’t bet on the Chargers. They always do something stupid. But yes, take them and you will win

Better question is why are we watching two crap teams on Sunday primetime? Didnt they have the option to flex it ?

My thinking exactly. I still can't believe they're scheduling my Raiders on any nationally televised game. To keep the franchise open for perpetual embarrassment is so transparent. We get it. the NFL always hated the franchise, even after Al is gone.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,191

Post#408 » by therealbig3 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:36 pm

last stand wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
last stand wrote:

Ya dak has never been responsible, that’s why most cowboys fans aren’t about fed up with him

And that last argument is laughable I’ve already had that straw man today.

Cowboys fans are like Knicks fans, delusional about how important their irrelevant franchise actually is, and constantly under the assumption that the grass is greener and better options are always out there. And they quickly blame players for their constant losing that aren't actually responsible for it, but since they're not literally the GOAT, they can't lead that dumpster fire of a franchise past above averageness, which again, pisses off the delusional fanbase.

So using fickle minded Cowboys fans' opinions isn't a good argument at all. Neither is saying "8 years in, and he hasn't won". Yeah, that's a winning bias argument, so my last statement isn't laughable at all, it's literally what you're doing.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#409 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:37 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:Safe to say after today Dak is better than Mahomes. :nod:

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,465

Post#410 » by azcatz11 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:44 pm

Dubnation wrote:
El Turco wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

My thinking exactly. I still can't believe they're scheduling my Raiders on any nationally televised game. To keep the franchise open for perpetual embarrassment is so transparent. We get it. the NFL always hated the franchise, even after Al is gone.

They could have flexed this game….why they didn’t makes 0 sense
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#411 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:50 pm

Kansas City better not be #1 in the power rankings after that game. They are still top 5 but I think Philly is the #1 followed by Baltimore, Dallas, Miami and then KC
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#412 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:55 pm

last stand wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Stafford is 5 years older than Dak so they will be in the same tier at some discrete points in time.

Yeah, like this season

Lol so you’re saying dak is the same as a 35 year old?

Micah tries to convince everybody that Dak is a great QB capable of leading the Cowboys to the SB. My argument has always been let’s see him do it before anointing him. Until then he is what he is a good regular season QB that hasn’t been able to get his team past the 2nd round.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#413 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:56 pm

last stand wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Where are the 2-3 posters who went like 5 pages with me calling me insane for simply saying that Dak and Stafford are in the same tier?

One of them was BJJ and he doesn't count because he is mentally disabled and never sober, but where are the those other posters? I think it's possible that they were sober.

Does dak have a Super Bowl ring? I’m confused

Not even close. In reality he’s Tony Romo.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,385

Post#414 » by Papi_swav » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:00 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Safe to say after today Dak is better than Mahomes. :nod:

Read on Twitter

Mahommes has the flu. I'll give them a pass today
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#415 » by last stand » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:01 am

Mr B wrote:
last stand wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Yeah, like this season

Lol so you’re saying dak is the same as a 35 year old?

Micah tries to convince everybody that Dak is a great QB capable of leading the Cowboys to the SB. My argument has always been let’s see him do it before anointing him. Until then he is what he is a good regular season QB that hasn’t been able to get his team past the 2nd round.

Hell I’m the same

If he proves it I’ll shut up

He’s an above average guy who plays really well sometimes and if he wins I’ll put my hands up and be like he did it. Good for him
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#416 » by azcatz11 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:02 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Kansas City better not be #1 in the power rankings after that game. They are still top 5 but I think Philly is the #1 followed by Baltimore, Dallas, Miami and then KC

Dallas that high??? Come on
JigenDaisuke
Starter
And1: 74

Post#417 » by JigenDaisuke » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:11 am

Dang the 49ers have really gone to hell. Not sure what happened. They looked great a few weeks ago.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,359

Post#418 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:14 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Kansas City better not be #1 in the power rankings after that game. They are still top 5 but I think Philly is the #1 followed by Baltimore, Dallas, Miami and then KC

I don't have Miami in my top 5 either.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#419 » by azcatz11 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:15 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Whose your top 5?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,359

Post#420 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:37 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Whose your top 5?

Kansas City, Cincinnati, Philly, Detroit and Baltimore/Dallas.

Return to The General NFL Board