Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,191

Re: Week 8 Thread 

Post#421 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:09 am

Mr B wrote:
last stand wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Yeah, like this season

Lol so you’re saying dak is the same as a 35 year old?

Micah tries to convince everybody that Dak is a great QB capable of leading the Cowboys to the SB. My argument has always been let’s see him do it before anointing him. Until then he is what he is a good regular season QB that hasn’t been able to get his team past the 2nd round.

My argument in here is that he's in the 8-12 range because when I said that the last time several thought it was crazy. Granted they knee jerked their legs off after an ugly SF loss.

Stafford IN PARTICULAR was heavily used as a comparison and the guilty parties declared that Dak is not on Staffords level

They deserve to be called out today...Dak is on Matts level.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#422 » by last stand » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:25 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
last stand wrote:
Lol so you’re saying dak is the same as a 35 year old?

Micah tries to convince everybody that Dak is a great QB capable of leading the Cowboys to the SB. My argument has always been let’s see him do it before anointing him. Until then he is what he is a good regular season QB that hasn’t been able to get his team past the 2nd round.

My argument in here is that he's in the 8-12 range because when I said that the last time several thought it was crazy. Granted they knee jerked their legs off after an ugly SF loss.

Stafford IN PARTICULAR was heavily used as a comparison and the guilty parties declared that Dak is not on Staffords level

Except you didn’t call anything out lmao

All you basically said was dak played well and stafford didn’t

As though that meant anything more than the literal experience of dak playing well against the 13th defense vs stafford struggling against the 5th ranked defense

And then you moved the goal posts up, down and around

I honestly think you didn’t know that stafford was outproducing dak up to this point and once that was said you’ve just been doing some weird thing where you say ignore all other context but who had better stats

Which I’m not quite sure I’ve ever heard that argument

That’s like having Utah state play Georgia and when comparing the QBs you’re like take out all context which QB played better
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#423 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:36 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Get this Geno trash off my screen.

Minny should call and save Drew Lock from this trash organization...

Tough day for you overall.

Falling to a 1-6 Dirk squad. That's rough. :wink:

Btw, A 4th might not get it done. For some odd reason John Schneider has an unhealthy man crush on Lock.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,465

Post#424 » by azcatz11 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:37 am

The new stadiums are awful. They have no culture or soul. I was in cowboys stadium in 2017 and I couldn’t believe how sterile it was.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,465

Post#425 » by azcatz11 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:52 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

Btw, A 4th might not get it done. For some odd reason John Schneider has an unhealthy man crush on Lock.

Time to kick Dirk out of the league - he’s dragging us down Jack.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#426 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:56 am

azcatz11 wrote:Time to kick Dirk out of the league - he’s dragging us down Jack.

He won this week!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,191

Post#427 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:00 am

last stand wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Micah tries to convince everybody that Dak is a great QB capable of leading the Cowboys to the SB. My argument has always been let’s see him do it before anointing him. Until then he is what he is a good regular season QB that hasn’t been able to get his team past the 2nd round.

As though that meant anything more than the literal experience of dak playing well against the 13th defense vs stafford struggling against the 5th ranked defense

I honestly think you didn’t know that stafford was outproducing dak up to this point and once that was said you’ve just been doing some weird thing where you say ignore all other context but who had better stats

That’s like having Utah state play Georgia and when comparing the QBs you’re like take out all context which QB played better

I didn't move the goal posts anywhere. I came in here calling out the ones who called me crazy for saying that Dak is on Staffords tier and that's what I'm doing now.

It was basically just you, BJJ who doesn't count because he's BJJ, and that other poster.

You can bring all the "context" you want but I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone who ranks Stafford over Dak after today other than biased Cowboy haters and BJJ.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#428 » by last stand » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:23 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
last stand wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

I didn't move the goal posts anywhere. I came in here calling out the ones who called me crazy for saying that Dak is on Staffords tier and that's what I'm doing now.

It was basically just you, BJJ who doesn't count because he's BJJ, and that other poster.

You can bring all the "context" you want but I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone who ranks Stafford over Dak after today other than biased Cowboy haters and BJJ.

Literally everyone in here did though except you?

Do you need to see the quotes? Go look through see for yourself lol

The “after today” makes me genuinely laugh, you might be the only person on here who makes sweeping claims after one game

Stafford out producing for career with less talent around him

Stafford out producing on the season with less talent around him

Stafford has won a superbowl

But I’ll tell you what, the rams lost to the cowboys today and stafford didn’t play well

Stafford must be worse, despite every single other ounce of context saying other wise

The irony of all of this is your entire argument is the is nick foles better than Dan Marino argument that you tried to dump on me

That’s literally your whole point. It’s like well dak played better today so he must be better

I’m honestly laughing so hard

I’m sure if the cowboys win next week and dak plays well against the eagles for like the 12th time in a row you’ll make some other insane sweeping claim

I guess fight the good fight brother, dak needs some fans out there. Can’t have football without some parasocial obsessive fans

Would’ve liked to see you argue with a certain poster on another board who like couldn’t let go of Carson wentz
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#429 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:48 am

As a Cowboys fan I would be more confident in Stafford being the QB than Dak being the QB of this team.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,612

Post#430 » by Worm Guts » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:56 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

I think it would be a bad idea for the Vikings to throw any draft capital at this situation.Drew Lock or anyone else available isn’t going to save this season. Find out if Jaren Hall has any juice and figure it out in the offseason.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,359

Post#431 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:49 pm

last stand wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
last stand wrote:

Literally everyone in here did though except you?

Do you need to see the quotes? Go look through see for yourself lol

The “after today” makes me genuinely laugh, you might be the only person on here who makes sweeping claims after one game

Stafford out producing for career with less talent around him

Stafford out producing on the season with less talent around him

Stafford has won a superbowl

But I’ll tell you what, the rams lost to the cowboys today and stafford didn’t play well

Stafford must be worse, despite every single other ounce of context saying other wise

The irony of all of this is your entire argument is the is nick foles better than Dan Marino argument that you tried to dump on me

That’s literally your whole point. It’s like well dak played better today so he must be better

I’m honestly laughing so hard

I’m sure if the cowboys win next week and dak plays well against the eagles for like the 12th time in a row you’ll make some other insane sweeping claim

I guess fight the good fight brother, dak needs some fans out there. Can’t have football without some parasocial obsessive fans

Would’ve liked to see you argue with a certain poster on another board who like couldn’t let go of Carson wentz

You general posters can take over arguing with him. I've been going through this crap for 3 years now. When it comes to Dumb Choking Dak, he can never do wrong in Micah's eyes. Prescott could have 4 int's in a game and he would blame it on the receivers or the defense for not preventing his screw up if they score. You guys will eventually figure out Micah has a huge unhealthy man crush on Prescott that he master bates to everyday and twice on winning Sundays. Have at it. I find it totally entertaining and am going to sit back and take it all in because this is totally worth the price of admission !
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#432 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:56 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
last stand wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

My opinion doesn't count because I told you 3 years ago Dumb Dak was not the guy and I wouldn't even give him a mop job. :rofl: I know your feelings are hurt but your making yourself look like a fool with all the non Cowboy posters with an objective view that doesn't agree with yours.
Mamba42
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#433 » by Mamba42 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:46 pm

Mr B wrote:As a Cowboys fan I would be more confident in Stafford being the QB than Dak being the QB of this team.

I think Stafford is being severely overrated. He's a good QB who has always had a penchant for turning the ball over.

He has thrown for 30 TDs three times in his career. Dak has done it twice in a career that is half as long.

Dak's best season: 4,500 yards, 37 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and a 104.2 rating.

Staffords best season: 4,800 yards, 41 touchdowns, 17 interceptions and a 102.9 rating.

Dak and Stafford are absolutely on the same level as each other, Stafford just happened to get traded to a stacked Rams team that had already been to the Super Bowl a couple of seasons prior with Jared Goff and won a Super Bowl with them.

I also don't get this argument that Stafford played with no talent around him. Are we going to ignore that fact that he played with arguably a top 3 WR of all time in Calvin Johnson? Dak has had good talent around him, especially when he came in as a rookie but he has also had seasons where the team inexplicably decided his best WR should be Allen Hurns.

This isn't overhyping Dak either, he is who he is at this point. But it is to say that Stafford is getting way too much love when in reality he is in the same tier as Dak, Cousins, Carr, Rivers, Ryan, etc.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#434 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:47 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I vote for Scott. He's dragging the forum down. :wink: :gossip:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,730

Post#435 » by DOT » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:00 pm

I missed the whole convo, but I found the guy saying Dak is better because he's won in the playoffs and Trevor hasn't kinda funny because Dak has been in the league for 5 more years than Trevor and has 1 more playoff win than him lol.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,585

Post#436 » by hermes » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:15 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I think it would be a bad idea for the Vikings to throw any draft capital at this situation.Drew Lock or anyone else available isn’t going to save this season. Find out if Jaren Hall has any juice and figure it out in the offseason.

yeah i think thats probably the best course
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#437 » by Jaydubb » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:39 pm

Damn.. cowboy fans love dak on this site more than Bdawk loves Carson wentz.

I didn’t think it was possible for any man to love another man that much, but here we are.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#438 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:40 pm

Mr B wrote:As a Cowboys fan I would be more confident in Stafford being the QB than Dak being the QB of this team.

Not behind this offensive line...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#439 » by last stand » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:50 pm

Mamba42 wrote:

I think Stafford is being severely overrated. He's a good QB who has always had a penchant for turning the ball over.

He has thrown for 30 TDs three times in his career. Dak has done it twice in a career that is half as long.

Dak's best season: 4,500 yards, 37 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and a 104.2 rating.

Staffords best season: 4,800 yards, 41 touchdowns, 17 interceptions and a 102.9 rating.

Dak and Stafford are absolutely on the same level as each other, Stafford just happened to get traded to a stacked Rams team that had already been to the Super Bowl a couple of seasons prior with Jared Goff and won a Super Bowl with them.

I also don't get this argument that Stafford played with no talent around him. Are we going to ignore that fact that he played with arguably a top 3 WR of all time in Calvin Johnson? Dak has had good talent around him, especially when he came in as a rookie but he has also had seasons where the team inexplicably decided his best WR should be Allen Hurns.

This isn't overhyping Dak either, he is who he is at this point. But it is to say that Stafford is getting way too much love when in reality he is in the same tier as Dak, Cousins, Carr, Rivers, Ryan, etc.

Stafford isn’t Tom Brady
He’s not an all timer

But he’s easily better than dak. He had calvin and no line and an embarrassing defense

This isn’t anyone saying stafford should be in discussions for top 10 all time

It’s just literally stafford is better than dak. The numbers are higher and he’s won an actual Super Bowl

Also stafford has another season on par with that best season in 2011 which was 5000 yards 41TDs 16ints
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#440 » by El Turco » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:42 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

we takin Raiders +7.5?
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.

Return to The General NFL Board