Week 6 Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Re: Week 6 Thread 

Post#441 » by Jaydubb » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:46 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:Lol.. I love messing with you guys too. I honestly do it because I like you guys. Kinda wish surf came here, it was funny to watch him go off on a tangent. It was easy to set him off too.lol

I didn't send him a friend request on FB, only a message, so maybe he never read it. I can PM his FB profile if any of you want to contact him.

Yessir. Tell him that all of us at psd joined real GM. You might have to teach him how to put it on his phone though.lol
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#442 » by Jaydubb » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:58 pm

Mamba42 wrote:I guess that's a brilliant special teams strategy lol. Just throw a blocker into the returner and it's fair game

I mean, a blocker shouldn’t really be that close to the return man anyway. It’s legal obviously but just not a very good idea. #36 on San Diego definitely knew the rule. He was just gonna stop short of the fair catch but saw the blocker get right in front of him so yeah, why not push him a few feet into the return man
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#443 » by Jaydubb » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:00 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:Herbert played like Hurts this week.

Both suck
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,201

Post#444 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:55 pm

So where is that dude who ranked Herbert in the top tier next to Mahomes while declaring that I'm insane for saying Dak is mid tier 8-12 range? :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB get so much elite praise for doing as little as Herbert.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#445 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:20 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Caught the end of the game - can't believe the Chargers blew that.

You haven't watched many Charger games the past 3 years, have you. :reporter:
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#446 » by Jaydubb » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:47 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:So where is that dude who ranked Herbert in the top tier next to Mahomes while declaring that I'm insane for saying Dak is mid tier 8-12 range? :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB get so much elite praise for doing as little as Herbert.

I always thought Herbert was a bit overrated. Thing is his teams are always behind so they always need to pass the ball to catch up. In other words, he has a lot of volume stats. Volume stats doesn’t always mean you are a great player.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,487

Post#447 » by azcatz11 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:24 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:So where is that dude who ranked Herbert in the top tier next to Mahomes while declaring that I'm insane for saying Dak is mid tier 8-12 range? :lol:

Herbert is better than Dak tho
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Week 6 Thread 

Post#448 » by Mr B » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:14 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:No team really blew it. It was close and ugly through out. Chargers got tons of penalties for them, but as I said before, flags were everywhere. Dallas deserved to win

Yea both teams seemed like they were trying to give the game away. Very sloppy game. The Chargers just made more mistakes than the Cowboys.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#449 » by Mr B » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:18 pm

azcatz11 wrote:

Is he? By what metric is Herbert better than Dak? He’s younger but really that’s it. He hasn’t done anything to deserve the praise he gets from some people.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,487

Post#450 » by azcatz11 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Is he? By what metric is Herbert better than Dak? He’s younger but really that’s it. He hasn’t done anything to deserve the praise he gets from some people.

Eye test
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,731

Post#451 » by DOT » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:51 pm

I know Herbert is the better player and gets better stats, but I will vehemently disagree with any ranking that has him above Trevor, solely for that playoff game.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#452 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:55 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Eye test

Yeah...and eye test last night should have told you Dak was better than Herbert who consistently missed his targets and ended the game on an INT.

Had Dak done what Herbert did last night he'd have never heard the end of it.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#453 » by last stand » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:07 pm

Mr B wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Being younger does really matter though

He’s 25. Dak is 30

With Herbert there’s still potential, hope, and unknown

With dak there’s not none of that, but he’s essentially who he is.

So dak and Herbert being equal is impossible just based on Herbert’s potential 5 years from now. Whether he realizes it or not is tbd
Mr B
RealGM

Post#454 » by Mr B » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:12 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Eye test

So your assessment is based on opinion and not facts then, got it!
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,731

Post#455 » by DOT » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:24 pm

Dak has an NVP, Herbert does not

Therefore, Dak >> Herbert.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Mamba42
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#456 » by Mamba42 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:13 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:I guess that's a brilliant special teams strategy lol. Just throw a blocker into the returner and it's fair game

I mean, a blocker shouldn’t really be that close to the return man anyway. It’s legal obviously but just not a very good idea. #36 on San Diego definitely knew the rule. He was just gonna stop short of the fair catch but saw the blocker get right in front of him so yeah, why not push him a few feet into the return man
I mean if it's legal he should definitely do it. I'm honestly surprised it is legal though lol. If the returner hadn't signaled fair catch then obviously it's open season but otherwise that seems like fair catch interference. Just a weird rule IMO
Mamba42
Pro Prospect

Post#457 » by Mamba42 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:14 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:So where is that dude who ranked Herbert in the top tier next to Mahomes while declaring that I'm insane for saying Dak is mid tier 8-12 range?

Herbert didn't have his best game, that's for sure. I would take Herbert over Dak in a heartbeat though. Dak missed more throws than Herbert did last night and that was a bad night for Herbert
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#458 » by Jaydubb » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:38 pm

Mamba42 wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:

I mean if it's legal he should definitely do it. I'm honestly surprised it is legal though lol. If the returner hadn't signaled fair catch then obviously it's open season but otherwise that seems like fair catch interference. Just a weird rule IMO

I agree, it’s a weird rule. I also think it has the potential to cause injuries so I can see it changed at some point.
Mamba42
Pro Prospect

Post#459 » by Mamba42 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:40 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:I mean, a blocker shouldn’t really be that close to the return man anyway. It’s legal obviously but just not a very good idea. #36 on San Diego definitely knew the rule. He was just gonna stop short of the fair catch but saw the blocker get right in front of him so yeah, why not push him a few feet into the return man

I agree, it’s a weird rule. I also think it has the potential to cause injuries so I can see it changed at some point.
I hope it is, but the link QBEagles shared was like 2013 so it sounds like it just happens so rarely they don't care.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#460 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:53 pm

Mamba42 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:So where is that dude who ranked Herbert in the top tier next to Mahomes while declaring that I'm insane for saying Dak is mid tier 8-12 range?

Herbert didn't have his best game, that's for sure. I would take Herbert over Dak in a heartbeat though. Dak missed more throws than Herbert did last night and that was a bad night for Herbert

What game were you watching? Herbert had 15 incompletions and Dak only had 9.

And of Daks incompletions were TD strikes to Gallup and Pollard that they should have caught.

The bias against Dak is weird. If Dak had done what Herbert did last night he would be getting absolutely crucified today. Instead Herbert plays horrible, chokes the game away, and even Dallas fans are like "I'd rather have that!"

Return to The General NFL Board