Moderator: bwgood77

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,486

Re: Week 8 Thread 

Post#441 » by azcatz11 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:47 pm

El Turco wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Tough day for you overall.

Falling to a 1-6 Dirk squad. That's rough. :wink:

Btw, A 4th might not get it done. For some odd reason John Schneider has an unhealthy man crush on Lock.

Time to kick Dirk out of the league - he’s dragging us down Jack.

we takin Raiders +7.5?

I was going to go lions!!!
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#442 » by El Turco » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:06 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
El Turco wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Time to kick Dirk out of the league - he’s dragging us down Jack.

we takin Raiders +7.5?

always gotta go against me :)
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,510

Post#443 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:09 pm

Lions
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#444 » by azcatz11 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:25 pm

El Turco wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
El Turco wrote:
we takin Raiders +7.5?

Here's what I'll say...after the massive losing streak I had - I always go on a massive winning streak. It's like the stock market. I've reached capitulation already.

Line is down to 7 also...go Lions.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#445 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:31 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
El Turco wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Here's what I'll say...after the massive losing streak I had - I always go on a massive winning streak. It's like the stock market. I've reached capitulation already.

Does this mean you will start charging a fee for your picks? :wink: :lol:
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#446 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:42 pm

Mamba42 wrote:I think Stafford is being severely overrated. He's a good QB who has always had a penchant for turning the ball over.

He has thrown for 30 TDs three times in his career. Dak has done it twice in a career that is half as long.

Dak's best season: 4,500 yards, 37 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and a 104.2 rating.

Staffords best season: 4,800 yards, 41 touchdowns, 17 interceptions and a 102.9 rating.

Dak and Stafford are absolutely on the same level as each other, Stafford just happened to get traded to a stacked Rams team that had already been to the Super Bowl a couple of seasons prior with Jared Goff and won a Super Bowl with them.

I also don't get this argument that Stafford played with no talent around him. Are we going to ignore that fact that he played with arguably a top 3 WR of all time in Calvin Johnson? Dak has had good talent around him, especially when he came in as a rookie but he has also had seasons where the team inexplicably decided his best WR should be Allen Hurns.

This isn't overhyping Dak either, he is who he is at this point. But it is to say that Stafford is getting way too much love when in reality he is in the same tier as Dak, Cousins, Carr, Rivers, Ryan, etc.

Why are we comparing single seasons? We might just compare single moments. Here's a legendary one for Stafford:

QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#447 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:43 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:As a Cowboys fan I would be more confident in Stafford being the QB than Dak being the QB of this team.

Not behind this offensive line...

He's seen much worse in his career.
Mamba42
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#448 » by Mamba42 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:47 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:I think Stafford is being severely overrated. He's a good QB who has always had a penchant for turning the ball over.

He has thrown for 30 TDs three times in his career. Dak has done it twice in a career that is half as long.

Dak's best season: 4,500 yards, 37 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and a 104.2 rating.

Staffords best season: 4,800 yards, 41 touchdowns, 17 interceptions and a 102.9 rating.

Dak and Stafford are absolutely on the same level as each other, Stafford just happened to get traded to a stacked Rams team that had already been to the Super Bowl a couple of seasons prior with Jared Goff and won a Super Bowl with them.

I also don't get this argument that Stafford played with no talent around him. Are we going to ignore that fact that he played with arguably a top 3 WR of all time in Calvin Johnson? Dak has had good talent around him, especially when he came in as a rookie but he has also had seasons where the team inexplicably decided his best WR should be Allen Hurns.

This isn't overhyping Dak either, he is who he is at this point. But it is to say that Stafford is getting way too much love when in reality he is in the same tier as Dak, Cousins, Carr, Rivers, Ryan, etc.

Why are we comparing single seasons? We might just compare single moments. Here's a legendary one for Stafford:

Well it's each of their best season because Stafford's career is twice as long as Dak's. So we can't compare overall numbers.

But that fake spike moment is pretty good. I will take Romo beating Stafford in the playoffs personally...
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#449 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:48 pm

Mamba42 wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:

Well it's each of their best season because Stafford's career is twice as long as Dak's. So we can't compare overall numbers.

But that fake spike moment is pretty good. I will take Romo beating Stafford in the playoffs personally...

Here's another one:

azcatz11
RealGM

Post#450 » by azcatz11 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:10 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
El Turco wrote:

Does this mean you will start charging a fee for your picks? :wink: :lol:

I would never give you my picks even if you were starving in the middle of the Sahara desert without water
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#451 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:11 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:As a Cowboys fan I would be more confident in Stafford being the QB than Dak being the QB of this team.

Not behind this offensive line...

He's seen much worse in his career.

And his body has paid for it.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#452 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:13 pm

https://x.com/NFL/status/1719060572484915346?s=20

I’m not sure if this fills a need or not,@CactusJack… but I suppose you can never have too many defensive linemen.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#453 » by last stand » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:21 pm

Mamba42 wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:

Stafford has had that season twice though? And also to do it for as long as he has and culminate in winning a Super Bowl is just not something dak has done

If dak pulls out a Super Bowl and plays well for 4-6 more years he can be in the same category as stafford

Until then though he’s cousins. Stafford has the stats and the ring. Did it with less and did it with more

There’s nothing wrong with dak being cousins. Dak and cousins have substantially outperformed their draft position. They’re wins as far as I’m concerned in the draft. Can’t ask for much more from a 4th round QB than dak or
Cousins

But neither are stafford, and neither have proven to be more than above average sometimes good starters hell sometimes really good.
El Turco

Post#454 » by El Turco » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:22 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
El Turco wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

so we gotta ride you hard if you start winning today :eyebrows:

gotta fade the public on primetime though

El Turco

Post#455 » by El Turco » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:24 pm

a 2nd and a 5th for a guy about to become a free agent? jesus now every team is gonna ask that and more for their trade pieces

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#456 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:40 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:[url]
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/url]

I’m not sure if this fills a need or not,@CactusJack… but I suppose you can never have too many defensive linemen.

It does.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#457 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:54 pm

El Turco wrote:a 2nd and a 5th for a guy about to become a free agent? jesus now every team is gonna ask that and more for their trade pieces

It's not cheap. A bit of an overpay. But It helps that they also have an extra pick from Denver.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,809

Post#458 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:07 pm

So funny story we were actually planning to go to this game in person since Detroit isn't far from London, Ontario but sadly plans changed. So will have to watch it in my Command Center along with the Raptors playing the Blazers at the same time.

I hope for a close win by the Raiders if I have my homer hat on. But realistically I think the Lions are going to crush us to bounce back from that shellacking loss by the Ravens. Hopefully Tyree WIlson can get a sack......
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#459 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:38 pm

Did ya'll know Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are dating? I'm not sure if anyone knew about Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce dating, but Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are apparently dating, and it looks like it may be a really hot and steamy situation!

Are they moving too fast? Should they take a break? Will the NFL make it official and brand their relationship as "TNT", because they sure do make a dynamite couple!

Also the Texans still suck.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#460 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:55 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Did ya'll know Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are dating? I'm not sure if anyone knew about Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce dating, but Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are apparently dating, and it looks like it may be a really hot and steamy situation!

Are they moving too fast? Should they take a break? Will the NFL make it official and brand their relationship as "TNT", because they sure do make a dynamite couple!

Also the Texans still suck.

I heard she’s some kind of singer. Being with Kelce should really help her popularity!

Return to The General NFL Board