bluejerseyjinx wrote:About time.

So, Jerry's drafting a Tackle then???
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Re: Free Agency !!!! 

Post#62 » by QB_Eagles » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:24 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Who the hell would want any scrubs or sloppy second rejects from the Egals? Egals are gonna suck next year and will be fortunate to finish 3ird in the division. Stop wasting time shopping around that waste dump of a team, organization and city and go after Patrick Queen. I don't want their rejects.

But the Eagles rejected Patrick Queen in the 2020 draft.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,159

Post#63 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:34 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I believe Tyron wants to finish his career in Dallas and I would be ok with brining him back cheap and in a backup role. The Cowboys without a doubt need a young guy to groom for LT. But having Tyron as a backup would be ok with me.

I think (hope) this is all a part of negotiations. If this happens though and Tyron signs elsewhere I will blame Stephen Jones.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#64 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:37 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

The fact that they don’t already have a future LT on the roster is why I think Tyron will still be back. Tyler Smith made All Pro at LG so I don’t think they move him to LT. Regardless if they do or not though I think they will draft OL with their 1st pick (I still prefer. Enter Jackson Powers-Johnson.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,511

Post#65 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:38 am

QB_Eagles wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Who the hell would want any scrubs or sloppy second rejects from the Egals? Egals are gonna suck next year and will be fortunate to finish 3ird in the division. Stop wasting time shopping around that waste dump of a team, organization, and city and go after Patrick Queen. I don't want their rejects.

But the Eagles rejected Patrick Queen in the 2020 draft.

The Ravens didn't want Queen either. They wanted Jordyn Brooks instead.

Unless Queen signs with Seattle or stays in Baltimore, he won't be nearly as productive. The Chargers could be a fit as well in that scheme.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#66 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 3, 2024 6:36 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I believe Tyron wants to finish his career in Dallas and I would be ok with brining him back cheap and in a backup role. The Cowboys without a doubt need a young guy to groom for LT. But having Tyron as a backup would be ok with me.

I think (hope) this is all a part of negotiations. If this happens though and Tyron signs elsewhere I will blame Stephen Jones.

Smith has been too injury prone the last 3 yeas and he is way too expensive for what we get out of him now. Cut bit. IMHo he is cashed.
Mr B
RealGM

Free Agency !!!! 

Post#67 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Smith has been too injury prone the last 3 yeas and he is way too expensive for what we get out of him now. Cut bit. IMHo he is cashed.

Right if Tyron resigns though he wouldn’t be expensive. 2 years $20M maybe. For a bridge LT that was an All Pro last year, that’s more than reasonable. Of course they would still need to draft a LT. This draft is deep in OL talent.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#68 » by Mariner » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Smith had a great year at a low cost. If we could get another year like that I would be happy. The problem is that we can’t count on that. The cowboys were probably very fortunate to get 13 games.
Got to move on at some point.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#69 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:15 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I believe Tyron wants to finish his career in Dallas and I would be ok with brining him back cheap and in a backup role. The Cowboys without a doubt need a young guy to groom for LT. But having Tyron as a backup would be ok with me.

Smith had a great year at a low cost. If we could get another year like that I would be happy. The problem is that we can’t count on that. The cowboys were probably very fortunate to get 13 games.

I do understand that you have to move on at some point though. I just hate going into the draft having to fill a need. They tend to reach and make bad picks when they draft for need over best player available.
Mariner
Senior

Post#70 » by Mariner » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:54 pm

Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Smith has been too injury prone the last 3 yeas and he is way too expensive for what we get out of him now. Cut bit. IMHo he is cashed.

I do understand that you have to move on at some point though. I just hate going into the draft having to fill a need. They tend to reach and make bad picks when they draft for need over best player available.

Totally agree but there are a lot of tackles in the draft.
Plus they always have the option to put Tyler at left.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#71 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:49 pm

Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Smith has been too injury prone the last 3 yeas and he is way too expensive for what we get out of him now. Cut bit. IMHo he is cashed.

You mean like DT and especially LB. And that's overlooking QB and Head Coach.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#72 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:40 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:Smith had a great year at a low cost. If we could get another year like that I would be happy. The problem is that we can’t count on that. The cowboys were probably very fortunate to get 13 games.

I think we’re all about to be really disappointed. The Cowboys are not going to target any of the top tier FA’s. They have about 6-7 starting positions they need to fill and only have 3 picks in the top 3 rounds to fill those needs with. And don’t be surprised if those top 3 picks all go on offense. They likely won’t draft their first defensive player until round 5.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#73 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:15 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Does it really matter who the Cowboys draft? Seriously, Dak and McCarthy are coming back so it will be another wasted season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#74 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I do understand that you have to move on at some point though. I just hate going into the draft having to fill a need. They tend to reach and make bad picks when they draft for need over best player available.

I think we’re all about to be really disappointed. The Cowboys are not going to target any of the top tier FA’s. They have about 6-7 starting positions they need to fill and only have 3 picks in the top 3 rounds to fill those needs with. And don’t be surprised if those top 3 picks all go on offense. They likely won’t draft their first defensive player until round 5.

I guess Jerry thinks his Cowboys will win by shoot outs next season with Dak. :rofl: Three straight 12 win seasons and nothing to show for it. I don't see it getting better.
Mariner
Senior

Post#75 » by Mariner » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Does it really matter who the Cowboys draft? Seriously, Dak and McCarthy are coming back so it will be another wasted season.

You don’t draft for one year. Maybe this is Dak and MM last year so wouldn’t it be nice to have an all pro tackle on a rookie deal?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#76 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:24 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:So, Jerry's drafting a Tackle then???

You don’t draft for one year. Maybe this is Dak and MM last year so wouldn’t it be nice to have an all pro tackle on a rookie deal?

I have a different vision on what I would like to see the Cowboys do.
Mariner
Senior

Post#77 » by Mariner » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Does it really matter who the Cowboys draft? Seriously, Dak and McCarthy are coming back so it will be another wasted season.

That vision should include drafting well.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#78 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:50 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:You don’t draft for one year. Maybe this is Dak and MM last year so wouldn’t it be nice to have an all pro tackle on a rookie deal?

That vision should include drafting well.

You trying to put words in my mouth? Just because I don't agree with your vision doesn't mean my version doesn't mean not drafting well.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#79 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:53 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:So, Jerry's drafting a Tackle then???

The Dallas defense is in shambles. That should be the priority. Unless you think the Cowboys can effectively be a dominating run stuffing team playing 180lbs safeties and CB's at LB.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,511

Post#80 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Does it really matter who the Cowboys draft? Seriously, Dak and McCarthy are coming back so it will be another wasted season.

The Dallas defense is in shambles. That should be the priority. Unless you think the Cowboys can effectively be a dominating run stuffing team playing 180lbs safeties and CB's at LB.

You could try moving Mazi to LB?? :wink:

Return to The General NFL Board