Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,060

Re: Week 5 Thread 

Post#661 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:55 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Now is the perfect time to tank IMHO. Trade Cousins and get 2 top first round picks next spring.

Doubt they can get that kind of return for Cousins who is on his final year. My guess would be like a future 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Honestly don’t really care what they would get back in a Cousins deal. I want Cousins traded because we know this is his last year and he will score enough points to end up winning 4-5 more games and that would destroy the tank.

Get what you can in return from Atlanta or someone like that and go full steam to try and get Caleb Williams. Worst case scenario we are still in position to grab Drake May (even though I can never root for him because of his brother).

Cousins has a no trade clause and has say where he goes. Otherwise I would trade him to a team like New England, Raiders, Jets or Giants. I know we desperately need a QB but I will pass on Cousins. Saw enough of him when he was in Washington.

Oh I know he does, that is why I was thinking of a place like Atlanta. A top tier defense with an offense that has weapons waiting to be used but don’t have a QB to use them. And currently only a half game out of 1st place in their division.

I could see that being an attractive enough place for Cousins to be fine with going to for half a season at minimum (while being open to give him a bigger deal) and I could see Atlanta wanting to make the move because QB play is the only thing that is holding them back.
CP3nthusiast
Junior
And1: 206

Post#662 » by CP3nthusiast » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:01 pm

Bears have a relatively easy schedule going forward. Their toughest opponents over the next 13 weeks are the Saints on week 9, the Lions on weeks 11 & 14 and the Browns on week 15. There's a real possibility Fields finishes the season strong and convinces the Bears FO to grab a record haul for the #1 pick and use those assets to build around him.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,338

Post#663 » by wco81 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:30 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Jefferson on IR. Let the full blown Vikings tank commence!

Now is the perfect time to tank IMHO. Trade Cousins and get 2 top first round picks next spring.

Doubt they can get that kind of return for Cousins who is on his final year. My guess would be like a future 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Honestly don’t really care what they would get back in a Cousins deal. I want Cousins traded because we know this is his last year and he will score enough points to end up winning 4-5 more games and that would destroy the tank.

Get what you can in return from Atlanta or someone like that and go full steam to try and get Caleb Williams. Worst case scenario we are still in position to grab Drake May (even though I can never root for him because of his brother).

I can understand moving on from Cousins, who's 35.

But the Vikings won 13 games last season and all 4 losses are 1-score, with a couple lost at the last minutes of the game.

They let Cook walk and there was talk that they'd trade Hunter.

Yes they're not as good as some of the other teams but they played well against the Chiefs and the Eagles. Maybe they can't make the playoffs or even if they do, there would be at least 2 teams rated above them.

However, anything can happen in the playoffs, especially with players like Jefferson.

Even if you get the best QB, I don't think it's a given that the Vikings would return to the playoffs with a rookie QB or even with a second year QB.

So are they looking at a bigger rebuild, turning over the roster?

The roster doesn't seem that old either or have too many expensive contracts. Cousins is making $20 million this year? Jefferson will make $19.7 million and then be up for a big extension. O'Neill, the RT will be making about $20 million a year for 4 seasons, including 3 after this one.

Other big salaries are Hunter and Harrison Smith but Hunter's salary goes down the next two seasons,

So Caleb or whichever QB the Vikings could draft would have to hit the ground running, because other than the QB, it seems this could be a playoffs roster.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,612

Post#664 » by Worm Guts » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:42 pm

The Vikings have a lot of holes, and I think there is some thought that clearing Cousins salary would allow the Vikings to fill in some of the gaps. Getting a draft pick or two for him wouldn’t hurt either.
I think the Vikings kind of made the decision to move on from Cousins this offseason when they didn’t extend him. So it really wouldn’t make sense not to trade him if the season is lost and there is an opportunity.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,585

Post#665 » by hermes » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:35 am

wco81 wrote:But the Vikings won 13 games last season and all 4 losses are 1-score, with a couple lost at the last minutes of the game.

what? all four losses were double digits, closest one was 11 points - the other three were blowouts that we weren't close to being competitive in. almost all the 13 wins were by one score. the stats say we probably should have won eight games. we were incredibly lucky last year and now the other side of the coin is coming home to roost, hard. the vikings were like the ultimate paper tiger last year

i suppose there is an outside chance because we haven't played any divisional games yet and the lions might come back to earth a little, but that would require us to stop fumbling the ball at prolific rates

1-4 is a really steep hole to climb out of
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,612

Post#666 » by Worm Guts » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:08 am

hermes wrote:
wco81 wrote:But the Vikings won 13 games last season and all 4 losses are 1-score, with a couple lost at the last minutes of the game.

what? all four losses were double digits, closest one was 11 points - the other three were blowouts that we weren't close to being competitive in. almost all the 13 wins were by one score. the stats say we probably should have won eight games. we were incredibly lucky last year and now the other side of the coin is coming home to roost, hard. the vikings were like the ultimate paper tiger last year

i suppose there is an outside chance because we haven't played any divisional games yet and the lions might come back to earth a little, but that would require us to stop fumbling the ball at prolific rates

1-4 is a really steep hole to climb out of

I think he was referring to all this years losses being 1 score losses. The Vikings probably aren’t much different this year than last year, the luck is very different though.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,338

Post#667 » by wco81 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:00 pm

Yeah the last loss was 20-27 to the Chiefs.

The loss to the Chargers was decided in the final few minutes.

Eagles was 28-34.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#668 » by Mr B » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:19 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
El Turco wrote:
There is a realistic claim that "Dak is a top 8 quarterback"? lol that's even worse than hangin on to the manager bit :lol:

8-12 range

List them out.

There is nothing wrong with being a game manager either. It's not an insult

Bro he's not 8-12 anymore. Just stop man. It's pretty damn easy to list out 12 QB's better than Dak

Mahomes
Allen
Purdy
Herbert
Lawrence
Tua
Burrow
Hurts
Jackson
Stafford
Wilson
Cousins

These are all guys that are equal to or better than Dak.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,363

Post#669 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:22 pm

Mr B wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:8-12 range

List them out.

Bro he's not 8-12 anymore. Just stop man. It's pretty damn easy to list out 12 QB's better than Dak

Mahomes
Allen
Purdy
Herbert
Lawrence
Tua
Burrow
Hurts
Jackson
Stafford
Wilson
Cousins

And you left out Goff and D. Watson.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,469

Post#670 » by azcatz11 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:28 pm

Mr B wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

List them out.

Mahomes
Allen
Purdy
Herbert
Lawrence
Tua
Burrow
Hurts
Jackson
Stafford
Wilson
Cousins

I would have Dak above Wilson and even with Cousins. He’s right in that range with Goff etc
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#671 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:30 pm

Mr B wrote:Mahomes
Allen
Purdy
Herbert
Lawrence
Tua
Burrow
Hurts
Jackson
Stafford
Wilson
Cousins

Dak is better than Wilson.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#672 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Allen
Purdy
Herbert
Lawrence
Tua
Burrow
Hurts
Jackson
Stafford
Wilson
Cousins

Dak is better than Wilson.

If you take out Wilson and cousins and put in Watson and Goff, Dak doesn't make top 12. At least not in my top 12.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#673 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:34 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Mahomes
Allen
Purdy
Herbert
Lawrence
Tua
Burrow
Hurts
Jackson
Stafford
Wilson
Cousins

I would have Dak above Wilson and even with Cousins. He’s right in that range with Goff etc

I'd take Goff anyday over Prescott.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#674 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:37 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Allen
Purdy
Herbert
Lawrence
Tua
Burrow
Hurts
Jackson
Stafford
Wilson
Cousins

Same. Goff is one of the more underrated guys imo.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#675 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:41 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Since about week 7 least season, Goff and the Lions offense has been popping pretty good. They are a very tough out for anyone when they are healthy. IMHO they are better than the Cowboys. Goff and St. Brown are big reasons why. Goff doesn't get any love in here.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#676 » by azcatz11 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'd take Goff anyday over Prescott.

Since about week 7 least season, Goff and the Lions offense has been popping pretty good. they are a very tough out for anyone when they are healthy. IMHO they are better than the Cowboys. Goff and St. Brown are big reasons why. Goff doesn't get any love in here.

I have seen enough of Goff. I hate how the ball comes out of his hands. I’d take Purdy over him also
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#677 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:45 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Same. Goff is one of the more underrated guys imo.

Since about week 7 least season, Goff and the Lions offense has been popping pretty good. they are a very tough out for anyone when they are healthy. IMHO they are better than the Cowboys. Goff and St. Brown are big reasons why. Goff doesn't get any love in here.

I have seen enough of Goff. I hate how the ball comes out of his hands. I’d take Purdy over him also

Goff throws a pretty ball. And stop derailing. The point of this exercise and discussion was if Dak is worthy of being a top 12 QB. Not comparing Goff to Purdy.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#678 » by azcatz11 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:13 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Since about week 7 least season, Goff and the Lions offense has been popping pretty good. they are a very tough out for anyone when they are healthy. IMHO they are better than the Cowboys. Goff and St. Brown are big reasons why. Goff doesn't get any love in here.

Goff throws a pretty ball. And stop derailing. The point of this exercise and discussion was if Dak is worthy of being a top 12 QB. Not comparing Goff to Purdy.

Okay well he is right on that cusp of 12...he's literally right there. The QB's have already been named ahead of him.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#679 » by El Turco » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:25 am

Dak has never been a mvp candidate, unlike Purdy
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#680 » by Mr B » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:34 am

Mr B wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

List them out.

Mahomes
Allen
Purdy
Herbert
Lawrence
Tua
Burrow
Hurts
Jackson
Stafford
Wilson
Cousins

Forgot to add Geno and Goff.

Return to The General NFL Board