Week 17

Moderator: bwgood77

wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Re: Week 17 

Post#721 » by wembambamya » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:24 pm

El Turco wrote:You knew someone was going to make things political the way things are going :lol:

Yeah I dont understand how Trump ended up part of this but here we go ahaha I think Trump is closer to Cowboys ownership rather than Bucs' anyway
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,151

Post#722 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That tripping call on the Cowboys looked like a real conspiracy on their part and the NFL also. :crazy:

You are comparing a possible missed call that happens many times in a game to a procedural mistake and a reversal of a likely game ending score.

You are being defensive for no reason, we can tell from the outrage after the game everyone is on Lions' side here. Just enjoy the little push NFL gave you for a home game and ratings bonanza.

After being a fan for 53 years I'm not defensive about anything. Seen just about everything over the years. And when you say everyone, who are you referring to? I'm not seeing it. Despite it all, Lions did have a chance to kick the extra point to tie the game and then win it in overtime. They chose not to. Conspiracy on the Cowboys and NFL's part, or stupidity on the Lions part? I do understand however you persist on talking about the Cowboys and Lions. Not much to talk about in regards to the Buc's. :party:

Don’t you know that the Cowboys called Roger Goodell who then called Dan Campbell and convinced him he should go for 2, and then go for 2 again. How can the Cowboys get away with that?
wembambamya
Junior

Post#723 » by wembambamya » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:29 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:That was the ref’s fault and the Lions players fault for not making sure everyone knew who was eligible. How did the Cowboys cheat? You threw it out there, just want you to explain.

Every video and audio audience points to Lions making refs aware of player's eligibility. Even Lions coach showed that exact play to refs in pregame. If you cant see what the refs did is fishy maybe you just dont understand the sport. This is a rare occurance where everyone except the Cowboys fans is in consensus that Lions got screwed, there is no ifs buts maybes here.

If it were clear who was reporting eligible then why did the ref announce #70 was eligible? As soon as the Lions heard the ref announce #70 is eligible they should have cleared it with the ref. It’s not up to the Cowboys to determine who was eligible, they have to go with who the ref tells them. It appears to me the Lions were trying to confuse the Cowboys by having multiple players go up to the ref. They messed up though and confused the ref. Again, that’s not on the Cowboys. The Cowboys can only go with what the ref tells them, and he announced that #70 was eligible.

As for this supposed “conspiracy theory” that the NFL is trying to help the Cowboys, that’s just asinine. You clearly don’t watch the games (including this one). If there were some league wide conspiracy to help the Cowboys then why did they call Peyton Hendershot for tripping on the prior series instead of Hutchinson? Pollard got a 1st down on that play and the game should have been over there because the Cowboys would have run the clock out and they would have won. Instead they called it on Hendershot negating Pollard’s 1st down and the Lions got the ball back.

Also if there were a conspiracy to help the Cowboys why hasn’t Micah Parsons drawn a holding penalty since week 6?

Obviously it was refs' fault, they are the ones in charge of applying the rules or in this instance changing the score, not Cowboys, not sure what your point is. As I said we can go back all day about how they missed this call or that call but this was a blatant procedural error not a missed call. That's why there was an outrage after the game that you dont see from other missed calls, with everyone saying Lions' got screwed big time.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#724 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:29 pm

wembambamya wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
That is more about incompetence of Cowboys, they are known as one of the worst coached teams in the league. NFL can give them a leg up only so much until other owners are triggered.

So the Cowboys are currently 11-5 and the Buc's are 8-8. Appears your coach is even more incompetent. It just occurred to me you are from Florida and has taken on the personality of your wonderful Governor throwing out your own alternative facts. The MAGA world.

I dont see the relevance but Florida gets more net migration than pretty much every other state hahah.

And yes my Bucs are not having the best season but still in line to make the playoffs. Super Bowl from few years ago gives them credit to suck for awhile, we are not as desperate as Cowboys or Niners ahaha.

We are desperate, but not for the reasons you are implying. We've always had the highest expectations since the late 60's carried over to the 70's. Its always been Super bowl or bust for us. That is why we are America's team and the Buc's just lurk.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#725 » by wembambamya » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:30 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That tripping call on the Cowboys looked like a real conspiracy on their part and the NFL also. :crazy:

You are comparing a possible missed call that happens many times in a game to a procedural mistake and a reversal of a likely game ending score.

You are being defensive for no reason, we can tell from the outrage after the game everyone is on Lions' side here. Just enjoy the little push NFL gave you for a home game and ratings bonanza.

After being a fan for 53 years I'm not defensive about anything. Seen just about everything over the years. And when you say everyone, who are you referring to? I'm not seeing it. Despite it all, Lions did have a chance to kick the extra point to tie the game and then win it in overtime. They chose not to. Conspiracy on the Cowboys and NFL's part, or stupidity on the Lions part? I do understand however you persist on talking about the Cowboys and Lions. Not much to talk about in regards to the Buc's. :party:

Teams do stupid things all the time all game, doesnt mean you take a win away from them in such an integral time of the year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#726 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:32 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Every video and audio audience points to Lions making refs aware of player's eligibility. Even Lions coach showed that exact play to refs in pregame. If you cant see what the refs did is fishy maybe you just dont understand the sport. This is a rare occurance where everyone except the Cowboys fans is in consensus that Lions got screwed, there is no ifs buts maybes here.

If it were clear who was reporting eligible then why did the ref announce #70 was eligible? As soon as the Lions heard the ref announce #70 is eligible they should have cleared it with the ref. It’s not up to the Cowboys to determine who was eligible, they have to go with who the ref tells them. It appears to me the Lions were trying to confuse the Cowboys by having multiple players go up to the ref. They messed up though and confused the ref. Again, that’s not on the Cowboys. The Cowboys can only go with what the ref tells them, and he announced that #70 was eligible.

As for this supposed “conspiracy theory” that the NFL is trying to help the Cowboys, that’s just asinine. You clearly don’t watch the games (including this one). If there were some league wide conspiracy to help the Cowboys then why did they call Peyton Hendershot for tripping on the prior series instead of Hutchinson? Pollard got a 1st down on that play and the game should have been over there because the Cowboys would have run the clock out and they would have won. Instead they called it on Hendershot negating Pollard’s 1st down and the Lions got the ball back.

Also if there were a conspiracy to help the Cowboys why hasn’t Micah Parsons drawn a holding penalty since week 6?

Obviously it was refs' fault, they are the ones in charge of applying the rules or in this instance changing the score, not Cowboys, not sure what your point is. As I said we can go back all day about how they missed this call or that call but this was a blatant procedural error not a missed call. That's why there was an outrage after the game that you dont see from other missed calls, with everyone saying Lions' got screwed big time.

You said it was a conspiracy on the NFL and cowboys part. Make up your mind son. You just exposed yourself as someone trolling Cowboy fans and posters. :ouch: :rofl: :rofl:
wembambamya
Junior

Post#727 » by wembambamya » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:So you just pulled that out of your ass then and didn’t use actual facts. I see. Well according to Google the average NFL fan is 35 years old.

Ok lets say I believe you, great it is 35, so most Cowboys fans havent experienced championship since they were in grade school. Great point.

Moving the goal posts I see.

No, I am recalibrating my point with the new information you've made me aware of. I dont have tunnel vision, I am not going to stick to same point when I become aware of new information, you should try it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#728 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:34 pm

wembambamya wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

Teams do stupid things all the time all game, doesnt mean you take a win away from them in such an integral time of the year.

So again, when other teams do stupid things that cost them a victory, how is that the fault of the Cowboys? Please answer Mr. B. question.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#729 » by wembambamya » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:36 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So the Cowboys are currently 11-5 and the Buc's are 8-8. Appears your coach is even more incompetent. It just occurred to me you are from Florida and has taken on the personality of your wonderful Governor throwing out your own alternative facts. The MAGA world.

I dont see the relevance but Florida gets more net migration than pretty much every other state hahah.

And yes my Bucs are not having the best season but still in line to make the playoffs. Super Bowl from few years ago gives them credit to suck for awhile, we are not as desperate as Cowboys or Niners ahaha.

So only the Bucs can bring up old irrelevant SB’s and no one else can huh?

Well there are certainly levels to this adjective "old" :lol: I dont think any Bucs fan would call the Super Bowl from 3 years ago "old"
wembambamya
Junior

Post#730 » by wembambamya » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:After being a fan for 53 years I'm not defensive about anything. Seen just about everything over the years. And when you say everyone, who are you referring to? I'm not seeing it. Despite it all, Lions did have a chance to kick the extra point to tie the game and then win it in overtime. They chose not to. Conspiracy on the Cowboys and NFL's part, or stupidity on the Lions part? I do understand however you persist on talking about the Cowboys and Lions. Not much to talk about in regards to the Buc's. :party:

So again, when other teams do stupid things that cost them a victory, how is that the fault of the Cowboys? Please answer Mr. B. question.

If refs didnt get a call from NFL to fix the conversion, what you call stupiditiy would have been considered very smart and likely lead Lions to win. At first refs costed them the win, later yes they probably should have kicked it but second attempt would have been moot if refs called the first one correctly.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#731 » by wembambamya » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:39 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:If it were clear who was reporting eligible then why did the ref announce #70 was eligible? As soon as the Lions heard the ref announce #70 is eligible they should have cleared it with the ref. It’s not up to the Cowboys to determine who was eligible, they have to go with who the ref tells them. It appears to me the Lions were trying to confuse the Cowboys by having multiple players go up to the ref. They messed up though and confused the ref. Again, that’s not on the Cowboys. The Cowboys can only go with what the ref tells them, and he announced that #70 was eligible.

You said it was a conspiracy on the NFL and cowboys part. Make up your mind son. You just exposed yourself as someone trolling Cowboy fans and posters. :ouch: :rofl: :rofl:

Refs work for NFL, no?
wembambamya
Junior

Post#732 » by wembambamya » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:44 pm

I think I'll stop here, agree to disagree if Cowboys fans think they won the Lions game fair and square. I think they didnt but even though some of your points have been irrelevant and lack logic, you also made some solid points and I thank you for those.

But good luck in your journey to break 28 year Super Bow drought, it must not have been easy going that long but I wouldnt know.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#733 » by Mariner » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:45 pm

wembambamya wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

If refs didnt get a call from NFL to fix the conversion, what you call stupiditiy would have been considered very smart and likely lead Lions to win. At first refs costed them the win, later yes they probably should have kicked it but second attempt would have been moot if refs called the first one correctly.

If the tripping call was called properly the whole entire two point conversion would have been a moot point.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#734 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:46 pm

wembambamya wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

Refs work for NFL, no?

Again. How is that the Cowboys fault? When you put it like that it sounds like your issue is really with the NFL. :confused:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#735 » by El Turco » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:49 pm

:lol: :lol: this is good
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#736 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:49 pm

Mariner wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So again, when other teams do stupid things that cost them a victory, how is that the fault of the Cowboys? Please answer Mr. B. question.

If the tripping call was called properly the whole entire two point conversion would have been a moot point.

That and the 2nd down pass by Dak that stopped the clock and gave the Lions an extra 45 seconds. If those two called were properly enforced, none of the other crap is even being discussed today.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#737 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:52 pm

El Turco wrote::lol: :lol: this is good

Are we making your day so far? :banghead: :pityfool:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#738 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:52 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

Well you said the Cowboys cheated. This was a mistake by the ref and the Lions. That’s why we’re talking about it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#739 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:53 pm

wembambamya wrote:I think I'll stop here, agree to disagree if Cowboys fans think they won the Lions game fair and square. I think they didnt but even though some of your points have been irrelevant and lack logic, you also made some solid points and I thank you for those.

But good luck in your journey to break 28 year Super Bow drought, it must not have been easy going that long but I wouldnt know.

And we all wish you the best of luck moving forward with Baker Mayfield. :thumbsup:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#740 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:53 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Ok lets say I believe you, great it is 35, so most Cowboys fans havent experienced championship since they were in grade school. Great point.

Moving the goal posts I see.

No, I am recalibrating my point with the new information you've made me aware of. I dont have tunnel vision, I am not going to stick to same point when I become aware of new information, you should try it.

Oh so you were wrong! Ok I see now.

Return to The General NFL Board