Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,511

Re: Smack talk thread? 

Post#81 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:59 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I'm surprised by the amount of traffic, you got going on there considering its the dead season.

Going where? On the Suns forum?

Yes, Suns. Pretty good for middle of the off season.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#82 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:04 am

bleu wrote:LET IT FOREVER BE NOTED HERE: If I ever say the word "WE", while referring to an NFL team, in the NFL forum, where people are discussing NFL teams (specifically the ones they support), I am referring to the Carolina Panthers. I feel that I should clear this up to avoid any possible confusion by other members of this board. Yes, I realize that I am not literally a part of the team, nor do I contribute anything to their success, nor do they significantly impact my life; however, as many sports fans do, I consider the Panthers "my team" (again, not literally), therefore I may at times say "WE" while referring to them.

If there is any confusion about this matter, please send me a PM and I can further explain. This post may also be useful to refer to in the future if there is an issue concerning this particular use of words.

You have my blessing :thumbsup:

I always use "we" when referring to my teams. No biggie. :D
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,735

Post#83 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:07 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I'm surprised by the amount of traffic, you got going on there considering its the dead season.

I guess not too bad. It's gotten the most dead lately and your buddy JMac said he was leaving the forums and took off. I have looked at all forums and the bigger team forums are obviously more active, but I guess we do ok. It seems more people have chimed in lately.

Anyone wanna read the funniest thread I've ever encountered regarding fantasy? We do fantasy basketball drafts on the Suns forum and make all picks in the draft thread, and 2 years ago there were so many interested that we created a third league...we have the Premier League, the D League and if you look at this thread you will see what another mod named the bottom league. Anyway, everyone knew we made all the picks within the thread apparently except one guy. Take note of the date and time of each post, and that users are waiting around to make picks. And also know that we start it in Sept to get a head start but the official clock for picks doesn't start until October (this arrangement was all set up long before I got involved). Anyway here it is....you have to read until JDiddy picks LeBron. He chimes in naming other players earlier but you have to read that far. Every time I re-read it I laugh pretty hard. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1345288&start=24#start_here
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#84 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:29 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I guess not too bad. It's gotten the most dead lately and your buddy JMac said he was leaving the forums and took off. I have looked at all forums and the bigger team forums are obviously more active, but I guess we do ok. It seems more people have chimed in lately.

Anyone wanna read the funniest thread I've ever encountered regarding fantasy? We do fantasy basketball drafts on the Suns forum and make all picks in the draft thread, and 2 years ago there were so many interested that we created a third league...we have the Premier League, the D League and if you look at this thread you will see what another mod named the bottom league. Anyway, everyone knew we made all the picks within the thread apparently except one guy. Take note of the date and time of each post, and that users are waiting around to make picks. And also know that we start it in Sept to get a head start but the official clock for picks doesn't start until October (this arrangement was all set up long before I got involved). Anyway here it is....you have to read until JDiddy picks LeBron. He chimes in naming other players earlier but you have to read that far. Every time I re-read it I laugh pretty hard. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1345288&start=24#start_here

OMG! You weren't lying.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#85 » by bleu » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:37 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Yes, Suns. Pretty good for middle of the off season.

OMG! You weren't lying.

:rofl2:

LMFAO. Just read that whole thing, too funny! It's the simplest thing in the world, how is it even possible to not understand? :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#86 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:43 am

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

OMG! You weren't lying.

LMFAO. Just read that whole thing, too funny! It's the simplest thing in the world, how is it even possible to not understand? :lol:

One of the funniest things was that alvin adams, the guy running that league was so calm and had a hilarious sense of humor.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#87 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:55 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
OMG! You weren't lying.

One of the funniest things was that alvin adams, the guy running that league was so calm and had a hilarious sense of humor.

Alvin is a great dude! I loved how he tried to help him out with his pick. "Who's the player that just went back to sign with Cleveland"? :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#88 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:57 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bleu wrote:

Alvin is a great dude! I loved how he tried to help him out with his pick. "Who's the player that just went back to sign with Cleveland"? :lol:

He's probably our funniest poster. He had another hilarious post on the NBA general board once and got a ton of And1s. If you click on his profile and look at most And1'd posts, I bet you it is the first one listed and you can look at it. But it was a while back.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#89 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:14 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

He's probably our funniest poster. He had another hilarious post on the NBA general board once and got a ton of And1s. If you click on his profile and look at most And1'd posts, I bet you it is the first one listed and you can look at it. But it was a while back.

Actually I just checked and it's not in his top And1 posts. But whatever he said was hilarious. It was something about the Lakers and I can't remember.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#90 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:47 am

jwise44 wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Browns should have more. They have been in the NFL 28 more years than most teams. Only had to compete against 7 other teams most of the time. Since 1960 we've had to compete with 17 other teams year in and year out. Actually belong in the NFC as one of the original 8. Its been almost 60 years since their last. I suppose you call the last 60 years success though because they made the playoffs a handful of times.

what I called them was historically superior in total championships because they are historically superior in total championships.
stop complaining about getting 3 championships with Jerry.
That s obviously superior to Tom Landry and his 2 measly championships lol

and stop saying 'we'. You didnt do a damn thing but buy a ticket

Dude you need to relax, obviously everyone knows fans don't do anything but show up...you go way to crazy over some small things in some of these threads

When we say we or our in reference to a team we don't think we actually are a part of the team

1. It's just easier because it lets people reading know who you're a fan of
And
2. A lot of us are lifelong fans, so (at least in my case) when I say we I mean Houston...when I talk about the Knicks saints or steelers I don't use the term we

lol you need to stop putting too much emotion to the words I typed.
I do it with him as a running gag because he says it just about every time.
I've done it like 3 times with him lol he wont stop any time soon.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#91 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:50 am

bleu wrote:LET IT FOREVER BE NOTED HERE: If I ever say the word "WE", while referring to an NFL team, in the NFL forum, where people are discussing NFL teams (specifically the ones they support), I am referring to the Carolina Panthers. I feel that I should clear this up to avoid any possible confusion by other members of this board. Yes, I realize that I am not literally a part of the team, nor do I contribute anything to their success, nor do they significantly impact my life; however, as many sports fans do, I consider the Panthers "my team" (again, not literally), therefore I may at times say "WE" while referring to them.

If there is any confusion about this matter, please send me a PM and I can further explain. This post may also be useful to refer to in the future if there is an issue concerning this particular use of words.

I'll be looking forward to your
we suck comments, by week 8
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#92 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Browns should have more. They have been in the NFL 28 more years than most teams. Only had to compete against 7 other teams most of the time. Since 1960 we've had to compete with 27 other teams year in and year out. The Browns actually belongs in the NFC with the Steelers and Colts as one of the original 8. Its been almost 60 years since their last. I suppose you call the last 60 years success though because they made the playoffs a handful of times.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#93 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:29 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

I'll be looking forward to your
we suck comments, by week 8

Why wait that long, lol.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#94 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:44 am

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#95 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:39 am

Absolutely! That's what we fans do.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#96 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:19 pm

jwise44 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That's why from 1966 to 1985 was such a special time for me growing up. It wasn't just the super bowl hardware, it was the experience, the ride and always being proud and exciting. Hell, we had 20 straight seasons without a losing record. Only missed the playoffs once during that span (lost in a tie breaker in a strike year in 1974). It was the experience of always being there and close. Even when we didn't win the super bowl or get to the super bowl, we were always knocking on the door. Christ, we were in 12 NFC/NFL Championship games in a 17 year span that has never been matched. We had one of the greatest legendary coaches of all time who help shape and set the standard for how football is played today with the help of one of the greatest GM's in football history, Tex Schramm. I really don't think the younger poster's, especially those who just hate the Cowboys, what that standard has done for today's NFL. So lighten up a bit guys. I grew up spoiled from day one with probably way too much success than I ever expected. I see what Jerry has done since day one. He sickens me. Maybe someday we can win despite him but don't see it regardless of the talent we currently have. These past 17 years and lack of success on the football field (and off), is something I have never experienced before. I finally know what its like to be an old Patriot, Lion and Browns fan. We stated from scratch in 1960. Made our first NFL Championship game in 1966. The Patriots had to wait 43 years. God forbid that happens for the Cowboys now. I may not see another Super Bowl as I approach my golden years.

Dude, this is a smack talk thread...YOUR SMACK TALK THREAD...and you tell us (I guess mainly me) to lighten up?

I was just playing man, I just was born and bred to hate the cowboys, just like I was the mavs and the Jazz

It's just a fun smack talk thread

No worries. Its all good. Just giving a little football smack back. And its not my smack talk thread. I started it for everyone.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#97 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote: :lol: Got that target on your back now! :wink:

Yeah, you know I got on you a bit for talking crap about the Cards on the Suns forum, because that was pretty much trolling, even though you were posting there a lot before bandwagoning on over to the GS team. :wink:

But this is the appropriate place to talk all the crap about the Cards that you want. Ernie was probably a bit excessive with his responses to my All or Nothing post just showing the forum there is an interesting show about behind the scenes stuff about an NFL team.

I imagine if you went to the Bucks forum talking crap about the Packers you wouldn't last long there. They even jumped on another mod for posting about the Beat the Commish competition which the overall site admin Howard wants to promote and then the thread got locked.
Lol Go Suns! Go Warriors! Ahh...nevermind lol.

Lets go Huskies!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#98 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:25 pm

jwise44 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That's why from 1966 to 1985 was such a special time for me growing up. It wasn't just the super bowl hardware, it was the experience, the ride and always being proud and exciting. Hell, we had 20 straight seasons without a losing record. Only missed the playoffs once during that span (lost in a tie breaker in a strike year in 1974). It was the experience of always being there and close. Even when we didn't win the super bowl or get to the super bowl, we were always knocking on the door. Christ, we were in 12 NFC/NFL Championship games in a 17 year span that has never been matched. We had one of the greatest legendary coaches of all time who help shape and set the standard for how football is played today with the help of one of the greatest GM's in football history, Tex Schramm. I really don't think the younger poster's, especially those who just hate the Cowboys, what that standard has done for today's NFL. So lighten up a bit guys. I grew up spoiled from day one with probably way too much success than I ever expected. I see what Jerry has done since day one. He sickens me. Maybe someday we can win despite him but don't see it regardless of the talent we currently have. These past 17 years and lack of success on the football field (and off), is something I have never experienced before. I finally know what its like to be an old Patriot, Lion and Browns fan. We stated from scratch in 1960. Made our first NFL Championship game in 1966. The Patriots had to wait 43 years. God forbid that happens for the Cowboys now. I may not see another Super Bowl as I approach my golden years.

Dude, this is a smack talk thread...YOUR SMACK TALK THREAD...and you tell us (I guess mainly me) to lighten up?

I was just playing man, I just was born and bred to hate the cowboys, just like I was the mavs and the Jazz

It's just a fun smack talk thread

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#99 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:38 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

Jerry Jones got 3 SBs and youre complaining?
Tex and Landry only won 2 SBs.
3>2

Dallas couldnt beat Pitt like Pats couldnt beat Giants. Maybe that makes Knoll a superior coach and theyre GM superior? was Knoll the GM for Pitt too? knoll won 4, Landry won 2. Knoll >Landry

We had one of the greatest legendary coaches of all time who help shape and set the standard for how football is played today with the help of one of the greatest GM's in football history, Tex Schramm. I really don't think the younger poster's, especially those who just hate the Cowboys, what that standard has done for today's NFL. So lighten up a bit guys. I grew up spoiled from day one with probably way too much success than I ever expected.

care to tell me what watching a team win on your tv has ever done for the betterment of your life? Did it help your job,marriage,finances?
who's we? all you did was watch a game on tv.

First of all, Jerry didn't deliver 3 Super Bowls. That was all Jimmy Johnson. All Jerry did was run his mouth, get drunk and write the checks. That team should have won more if cancer Jerry didn't start to dismantle things before their third.
Pittsburgh was the team of the decade of the 70's and the AFC was the superior conference during that span. Yea, we only won 2 of 5 Super Bowls we made during the decade but at least we saved a little face for the NFC. We sure as hell didn't get any help from the Vikings and Rams chocking all decade.
I'm here to talk football in any shape or form. I'm not here to talk about anyone's job, marriage, divorce, finances, kids or failures of life, etc., By the way Ernie, what's up with the emotion? You've been telling me and everyone in here for weeks now that we shouldn't bring emotional investment to our teams and passions. You should practice what you preach.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#100 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:57 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Browns should have more. They have been in the NFL 28 more years than most teams. Only had to compete against 7 other teams most of the time. Since 1960 we've had to compete with 17 other teams year in and year out. Actually belong in the NFC as one of the original 8. Its been almost 60 years since their last. I suppose you call the last 60 years success though because they made the playoffs a handful of times.

what I called them was historically superior in total championships because they are historically superior in total championships.
stop complaining about getting 3 championships with Jerry.
That s obviously superior to Tom Landry and his 2 measly championships lol

and stop saying 'we'. You didnt do a damn thing but buy a ticket

Here's the deal... if the Cowboys defense stinks to the point they start 2-4, you will see me state clearly "Man - we suck!!!" If they win the NFC East and compete in the playoffs, I will clearly state "We have a chance". I will also expect you to kiss our playoff rings. Particularly as the Rams aren't sniffing a playoff berth.

8-)
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to The General NFL Board