Dak Prescott thread

Moderator: bwgood77

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Re: Dak: 4 years, $160m 

Post#81 » by El Turco » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:30 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:And look, if it were up to me Dak wouldn't get a monster deal. I just like it over the alternative, because the alternative is spending years in a QB hunt just trying to get back into the playoffs.

Again our first pick is in the mid 20s. We aren't drafting the next Mahomes with that. That's a pipe dream.

Hypothetical argument. Lame argument. Your assuming it will take many years for us to find a decent QB. You don't know that. There are other options besides the draft. The advantage of being America's Team is there are many QB's out there right now that would love to be the QB of the Dallas cowboys if ever given the chance.

This is also a good point. Manning, Rodgers, Brady all moved on to teams that were loaded but didnt have a quarterback. Dallas could have been one of those teams, and imagine they would likely have one more Super Bowl if they werent stuck with Dak when Brady was shopping for a new team.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#82 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:34 pm

El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:And look, if it were up to me Dak wouldn't get a monster deal. I just like it over the alternative, because the alternative is spending years in a QB hunt just trying to get back into the playoffs.

Again our first pick is in the mid 20s. We aren't drafting the next Mahomes with that. That's a pipe dream.

Hypothetical argument. Lame argument. Your assuming it will take many years for us to find a decent QB. You don't know that. There are other options besides the draft. The advantage of being America's Team is there are many QB's out there right now that would love to be the QB of the Dallas cowboys if ever given the chance.

This is also a good point. Manning, Rodgers, Brady all moved on to teams that were loaded but didnt have a quarterback. Dallas could have been one of those teams, and imagine they would likely have one more Super Bowl if they werent stuck with Dak when Brady was shopping for a new team.

If I remember right, Mr. B. brought this conversation up a few years ago when the situation arose. But guess who wasn't for it?
El Turco

Post#83 » by El Turco » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:37 pm

Yeah but things will be different in year 9, 10... definitely expect a deep run by year 18

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#84 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:43 pm

El Turco wrote:Yeah but things will be different in year 9, 10... definitely expect a deep run by year 18

Your really lovin all this, aren't you? :giveup:
El Turco

Post#85 » by El Turco » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
El Turco wrote:Yeah but things will be different in year 9, 10... definitely expect a deep run by year 18

Yeah as I said before, I am man enough to admit Dallas has some really good pieces but luckily going to waste because of bad management and quarterback play. Same thing applies to Seattle but at least they are early in the process and not as tied down.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#86 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:55 pm

El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Yeah as I said before, I am man enough to admit Dallas has some really good pieces but luckily going to waste because of bad management and quarterback play. Same thing applies to Seattle but at least they are early in the process and not as tied down.

I love what Seattle is doing. They got some real nice young pieces. Watch them get a nice QB before us. But don't tell jack I said good things about his team. He's the only poster in here I really don't like. :wink:
El Turco

Post#87 » by El Turco » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Your really lovin all this, aren't you? :giveup:

I love what Seattle is doing. They got some real nice young pieces. Watch them get a nice QB before us. But don't tell jack I said good things about his team. He's the only poster in here I really don't like. :wink:

I think only azcats likes him and that's only because of their living arrangement :oops:

JSN will make any quarterback look good there, just trust the process

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,507

Post#88 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:03 pm

El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I'm less worried about us. As you said, we're not bogged down by Wilson's deal any longer. They also have an out with Geno, didn't commit to him long-term. So, we'll see...

I have more faith in Schneider than Pete. Carroll also is in his 70's. So, he won't be able to outlive us all. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#89 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:07 pm

El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
El Turco wrote:

I think only azcats likes him and that's only because of their living arrangement :oops:

You two are giving me the warm & fuzzies. :hug:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#90 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:11 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I love what Seattle is doing. They got some real nice young pieces. Watch them get a nice QB before us. But don't tell jack I said good things about his team. He's the only poster in here I really don't like. :wink:

You two are giving me the warm & fuzzies. :hug:

Speaking of fuzzy, what up with you and azcazt11? Details please. I thought that was strange when I tried to call you and he answered the phone. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#91 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:17 pm

El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
El Turco wrote:

I derailed the thread by bringing up real nice pieces. Scott's head is going to swell, El tourco is all horny now. My bad.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,191

Post#92 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:44 pm

No one's opjnion in here matters and the reality is that Dak as individual player has been amazing this season and he is going to be extended with a record breaking contract.

When this happens someone needs to do a house check on BJJ because he will be at high risk of cardiac arrest. And that's only a half joke, you really do seem like Dak causes you actual real world stress, you need to try and stay grounded in the fact that this is a meaningless game of men throwing a ball around.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#93 » by last stand » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:47 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:No one's opjnion in here matters and the reality is that Dak as individual player has been amazing this season and he is going to be extended with a record breaking contract.

When this happens someone needs to do a house check on BJJ because he will be at high risk of cardiac arrest. And that's only a half joke, you really do seem like Dak causes you actual real world stress, you need to try and stay grounded in the fact that this is a meaningless game of men throwing a ball around.

You’ve sure given chill vibes on the dak subject lol
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#94 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:27 pm

last stand wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:No one's opjnion in here matters and the reality is that Dak as individual player has been amazing this season and he is going to be extended with a record breaking contract.

You’ve sure given chill vibes on the dak subject lol

Contrary to what it may seem in here, I have ALWAYS been more chill than BJJ on the topic of Dak.

In here it's me vs the world though because only Cowboy fans support Dak and the only active Cowboy fans in here are myself BJJ and Mr B who both hate Dak.

Actually there are a couple others who also support Dak but they aren't very active at all.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#95 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:28 pm

We will see if Jerry feels the same after another 1st round exit.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#96 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:30 pm

Mr B wrote:

We will see if Jerry feels the same after another 1st round exit.

It will likely be 2nd round, and yes he will feel the same.

Dak has been a top-5 QB this season, no teams ever let that walk in hopes of upgrading.

Teams don't even let top-20 QBs walk.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#97 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:34 pm

It will be McCarthy who is shown the door...not Dak
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#98 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:46 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:It will be McCarthy who is shown the door...not Dak

You guys could realistically trade Dak for a haul of picks. Draft a rookie & have him sit behind Wilson (minimum salary).

It just might work. :wink:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#99 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:13 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:It will be McCarthy who is shown the door...not Dak

You guys could realistically trade Dak for a haul of picks. Draft a rookie & have him sit behind Wilson (minimum salary).

It just might work. :wink:

Nope, I used to say we could do Goff-Stafford type of trade with someone just to give both QBs a change of scenery but Daks agent makes it an effort to write in "no-trade" clauses.

His current contract can't be traded. So we'd have to give him a record breaker without the clause and then do the trade and I don't think that will be a possibility.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#100 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:26 pm

Dak is actually being incredibly smart by not being good enough to win the division but being good enough to have the best record of the other playoff teams. That means he will face whatever trash team comes out of the NFC South and get an easy first round playoff dub, thereby dispelling various notions about him not being able to win in the playoffs and receive a huge contract extension this offseason.

Return to The General NFL Board