Conference Championships

Moderator: bwgood77

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Re: Conference Championships 

Post#861 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:44 am

Last week the young rookie head coach from the Houston Texans BLITZED Lamar to death. This week KC BLITZED Lamar all night long.
The Elite QBs LOVE BLITZES, because that opens up big plays and windows down field. Until Lamar can figure this defensive philosophy and game plan used against him, he will never progress to the next level. 2 weeks in a row!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
JigenDaisuke
Starter
And1: 74

Post#862 » by JigenDaisuke » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:48 am

old man brady beat mahomes, the 49ers can do it
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,326

Post#863 » by Catchall » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:49 am

A lot of things went SF's way in the 2nd half, but you'd have to say that Purdy's IQ and his ability to process are pretty elite.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,463

Post#864 » by rpa » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:08 am

JigenDaisuke wrote:old man brady beat mahomes, the 49ers can do it

Brady didn't beat Mahomes--the Bucs D-Line running through backups did. Mahomes was running for his life that whole game.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#865 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:15 am

Dan Campbell is a fraud
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,190

Post#866 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:27 am

I think NBA playoffs are better than NFL playoffs, not joking. Although the one and done format of the NFL playoffs makes it more likely for upsets to happen, for me, I like it when the best teams match up and the chess matches over the course of a 7 game series play out, and how sometimes it just comes down to one guy being individually brilliant (Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, Curry, Duncan, etc).

But getting to the NBA playoffs is a grind, I agree that the regular season really doesn’t hold the same appeal that it used to, for various reasons.
cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,589

Post#867 » by cjx » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:35 am

I can't believe the Lions lost :(

King Mahomes and KC vs the Niners again :lol:

KC is going back-to-back, fam :football:
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#868 » by goober » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:11 am

This was such a fun thread to read
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#869 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:43 am

Sucks for the Lions but it was my expected result and now they're gonna lose their OC. :(

Happy for Cowboys fans that the Chiefs made it back to the Super Bowl!
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#870 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:53 am

therealbig3 wrote:I think NBA playoffs are better than NFL playoffs, not joking. Although the one and done format of the NFL playoffs makes it more likely for upsets to happen, for me, I like it when the best teams match up and the chess matches over the course of a 7 game series play out, and how sometimes it just comes down to one guy being individually brilliant (Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, Curry, Duncan, etc).

But getting to the NBA playoffs is a grind, I agree that the regular season really doesn’t hold the same appeal that it used to, for various reasons.
Last season finals series was so boring, I fell asleep. I have never falling to sleep out of boredom from any SB championship, including lopsided ones.

Maybe the Joker game is so boring like Duncan's game is probably the main reason as he shows more emotion riding his horse than making game winning baskets.

https://youtube.com/shorts/mHj61m8r2Wo?si=J0RNLODj9q5dhluU

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/news-in-photos-nikola-jokic-shows-love-horses-bone-chilling-temperature-new-york-ahead-game-nets
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#871 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:02 pm

El Turco wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Turdy is looking stinky.

Have you been drinking?

I think he is passed out drunk at this point :lol:

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :rocking: :rocking: :rocking: :rocking: :rocking:
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#872 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:55 pm

I think everyone outside of the state of California is upset at how that game went. 49ers are so lucky to have walked away winners. They were lucky against the Packers too.

When everything always goes your way then it must be your year.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#873 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=_Y7TI_15y-Ro6DYS6wMyeA&s=19
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#874 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:08 pm

I stopped watching about mid-way thru the 3rd but was following the game on my phone. The Lions lost this game for the same reason they lost the game in Dallas, Dan Campbell’s arrogance.

The ending is what I predict before the game however I didn’t think it would be because of an epic choke job in the 2nd half. The Niners got real lucky in this one.

Should be a fun matchup with the Chiefs.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#875 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:36 pm

There were 3 plays that cost the Lions the game.
1) Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. considering they lost by 3 points, it needed to be brought up.
2) The fumble by Gibbs. Can't happen. It cost your team 7 points.
3) The bad throw by Purdy that goes off a Lion defender and luckily caught by Aiyuk. **** happens. I get it. Horrible break that cost you another 7 points.
49ers should feel very fortunate today. I didn't even include the 4 drops by the Lions in the game. 3 of them were just awful, especially the 2 by Josh Reynolds.Regardless, Lions covered so in that department all things went well for me.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#876 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:38 pm

rpa wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Opening SB line is chiefs +2.5

After the last 2 games the 49ers are favorites? Can't be serious.

:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,537

Post#877 » by righterwriter » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:19 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:There were 3 plays that cost the Lions the game.
1) Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. considering they lost by 3 points, it needed to be brought up.
3) The bad throw by Purdy that goes off a Lion defender and luckily caught by Aiyuk. **** happens. I get it. Horrible break that cost you another 7 points.
49ers should feel very fortunate today. I didn't even include the 4 drops by the Lions in the game. 3 of them were just awful, especially the 2 by Josh Reynolds.Regardless, Lions covered so in that department all things went well for me.

For point #3, it was a pass interference on the DB anyway. So it would've been Niners ball on the 8 yard line. Wasn't a bad pass, the DB just impeded Aiyuk and got flagged for it.

Otherwise, I agree.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,463

Post#878 » by azcatz11 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:40 pm

Agreed - good summary
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#879 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:19 pm

azcatz11 wrote:

Agreed - good summary

I'm sure I might of missed something else. I was hosting a football party yesterday so I was not only tipsy, but busy. But 5 big wins in a row now so its all worth it. :D
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#880 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:20 pm

Mr B wrote:I stopped watching about mid-way thru the 3rd but was following the game on my phone. The Lions lost this game for the same reason they lost the game in Dallas, Dan Campbell’s arrogance.

The ending is what I predict before the game however I didn’t think it would be because of an epic choke job in the 2nd half. The Niners got real lucky in this one.

Should be a fun matchup with the Chiefs.
How is dropping non contested balls and fumbles in the 2nd half was DUE to the Lions HC arrogance? That's like saying all those games KC had lost this season because of all those pass drops was DUE to Andy Reid's ARROGANCE?!?

That's such a BS take like you didn't watch the 2nd half but the highlights to form your opinion. Dan Campell didn't change his MO but did what he's been doing all season to get to the conference finals.

Agree that those dropped balls and Gibbs fumble were players choking under pressure, not due to arrogance Lol

Return to The General NFL Board