Kyler Murray long term

Moderator: bwgood77

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Re: Kyler Murray long term 

Post#41 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:56 pm

It is true. Ceiling. Money. All that. But if not Kyler, then who? That system was tailor made for him and his running ability. And no one else can run with that type of maneuverability. So they are kinda stuck together
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,379

Post#42 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:12 pm

That Mahomes contract is looking like an absolute bargain.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#43 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:22 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,320

Post#44 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:56 am

LAKESHOW wrote:It is true. Ceiling. Money. All that. But if not Kyler, then who? That system was tailor made for him and his running ability. And no one else can run with that type of maneuverability. So they are kinda stuck together

Yeah and apparently Kingsbury and the GM were also signed through 2027.

So the owner I guess didn't want to keep resetting.

Cards have made big plays in the last 2-3 seasons so he has some hope they can keep getting better.

Problem is, there's a lot of tape on how top teams can contain Kyler and now with this big contract, they won't have the roster depth going forward.

I heard he had two more years under his rookie deal but they made this extension active this season, so they could have paid him a rookie salary for the next two seasons but instead chose to have his big extension start this season.

If that's true, it's unbelievably stupid.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,584

Post#45 » by hermes » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:16 pm

well that would spread the deal out more and not make the last couple years so bad. which would be prudent if they weren't planning on pushing all the chips in during the next two years.
ODanseTron
Ballboy
And1: 33

Post#46 » by ODanseTron » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:54 am

This resets the market price for Lamar Jackson and makes him justifiably worth 7-8 years / 300M+.

Murray has never come close to a historic MVP level season or led a team to multiple playoffs runs.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#47 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:08 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That's a huge red flag.
wco81
RealGM

Post#48 » by wco81 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:46 am

Well Russell Wilson was great at sandlot football, making plays off scrambles.

But he had a great defense which allowed him to make a handful of plays a game.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#49 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:44 am

wco81 wrote:Well Russell Wilson was great at sandlot football, making plays off scrambles.

No one has questioned Russ' commitment tho. He's always been an overachiever due to it. If he had the same study habits that it appears Kyler does, then he never would have made it.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#50 » by azcatz11 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:52 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
wco81 wrote:Well Russell Wilson was great at sandlot football, making plays off scrambles.

No one has questioned Russ' commitment tho. He's always been an overachiever due to it. If he had the same study habits that it appears Kyler does, then he never would have made it.

I would put money he gets traded within 2 years.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#51 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:00 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

What decent team and/or organization would want to trade for him now? We saw how his team and season ended last season, and now this. Cardinals just gave him a pile of money he doesn't even deserve and his trade value has just gone down toilet.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#52 » by azcatz11 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:No one has questioned Russ' commitment tho. He's always been an overachiever due to it. If he had the same study habits that it appears Kyler does, then he never would have made it.

What decent team and/or organization would want to trade for him now? We saw how his team and season ended last season, and now this. Cardinals just gave him a pile of money he doesn't even deserve and his trade value has just gone down toilet.

Someone will. Falcons, Colts, etc.
wco81
RealGM

Post#53 » by wco81 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:53 pm

They were saying on First Take that there's no way for the team to enforce this requirement.

They can hand him the iPad but who's going to make him use it?

One guy said it takes an hour to review one game film. Typically they review 7 or 8 game films of an upcoming opponent per week.

Apparently Kyler is big into video games so it's not like he dislikes screens.

But wouldn't some coaches want to go over film with their QBs, point out things the QB should be looking for?

Apparently they said these days, QBs rely on helmets with speakers and coaches telling them what's happening in the presnap adjustments. But I thought the speaker was only on in the huddle and when they come up to the line it's turned off?
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#54 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:02 pm

Offensive systems are different nowadays. Back in the day, call a play and figure it out from there.
Todays schemes, they call at the line of scrimmage, OC and staff looks at defensive formations, then signals in a play or play change, then QB read and react on the spot. In kyler Murrays case, if play breaks down, just run around and escape.
And with that escape-ability, Bang! AZ hands him 200MiL
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,042

Post#55 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:55 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Ya I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone even think about questioning Russ study habits. This kind of talk has been around Murray since college.

But ya I’m pretty sure Russ is viewed as one of those guys that live in the film room. I listened to a clip from Pat McAfee about this and he said if you were to put this kind of thing in a contract with a guy like Peyton or Brady, they would be offended. Not because it’s something they have to do, but it would be laughable to question their study habits. I’m sure Russ is in the same category as those guys.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#56 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:58 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Ya I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone even think about questioning Russ study habits. This kind of talk has been around Murray since college.

But ya I’m pretty sure Russ is viewed as one of those guys that live in the film room. I listened to a clip from Pat McAfee about this and he said if you were to put this kind of thing in a contract with a guy like Peyton or Brady, they would be offended. Not because it’s something they have to do, but it would be laughable to question their study habits. I’m sure Russ is in the same category as those guys.

Russ has always been known to be a film junkie. I'm not sure how much his priorities have changed since Ciara & having kids. But his persona off the field definitely seemed to shift post Ciara fwiw.

His height is always going to be a hindrance to his game. Same with Kyler. Stats show that Russ doesn't throw over the middle part of the field on a consistent basis. That's partly due to his size.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#57 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:42 pm

I think the Cardinals look as bad as Murray the way this issue and matter has been dealt with. I think back to the 80's on what black QB's like Doug Williams, Warren Moon, etc., and others had to endure and we see this type of behavior from Kyler Murray. If I'm a black man, I'm pissed as hell.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#58 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:35 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

LOL
LAKESHOW
RealGM