Moderator: bwgood77

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Re: Week 1 Game Thread 

Post#341 » by skones » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:56 pm

Mr B wrote:
skones wrote:
Mr B wrote:He can be back on their field in about 12 months but an Achilles injury typically takes about 2 years to fully recover from. Rodgers will be almost 42 by then. This could be it for him.
He'll be back on the field in 9 and be good for training camp. I was back in 6 playing high level soccer and that's without NFL facilities and physios.

Dan Marino never fully recovered.

So you think there have been no things learned when it comes to achilles operations and recovery from 1993 to now? And ignore that he came back the following year and threw for 30 TDs and 4500 yards, a season that was better than any season he'd had since 1986?

Weird thing to say.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#342 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:11 pm

"The night is darkest before the dawn. And I shall rise yet again."

:roll:

Cringe aside, I do hope he makes a full recovery. He's one of the best to ever do and I'd rather see him go out on better terms.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Week 1 Game Thread 

Post#343 » by Jaydubb » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:29 pm

Nvmnd
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#344 » by Jaydubb » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:39 pm

I think with something like an Achilles tear, obviously the physical aspect of the recovery is one hurdle to cross but I think the biggest hurdle might be the mental side of things. He’s always gonna think about it in the back of his mind “if I push off in this way am I gonna tear it again?” It’s something that could effect performance and could actually lead to other injuries.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#345 » by QB_Eagles » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:08 pm

Jaydubb wrote:I think with something like an Achilles tear, obviously the physical aspect of the recovery is one hurdle to cross but I think the biggest hurdle might be the mental side of things. He’s always gonna think about it in the back of his mind “if I push off in this way am I gonna tear it again?” It’s something that could effect performance and could actually lead to other injuries.

I'm more concerned about the physical side... Mentally, he's probably gonna take shrooms, microdose MDMA, or try some new age herbal treatment. But at that age you almost have to expect 2 years to return to pre-injury performance. Which for Rodgers wasn't that great of a 2022 season to begin with.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#346 » by skones » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:58 pm

Jaydubb wrote:I think with something like an Achilles tear, obviously the physical aspect of the recovery is one hurdle to cross but I think the biggest hurdle might be the mental side of things. He’s always gonna think about it in the back of his mind “if I push off in this way am I gonna tear it again?” It’s something that could effect performance and could actually lead to other injuries.

It's not. Losing your entire calf muscle is the biggest hurdle.

Return to The General NFL Board