Week 6 Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Re: Week 6 Thread 

Post#461 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:40 am

Herbert is better than Dak look at this, if Herbert had Daks oline instead of that joke of what he has your talking about a top 5 QB. Also Mike Williams is out for the year I think if Williams was there The Chargers probably pull out that win

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/justin-herbert-stats-vs-dak-prescott-first-2-years
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,169

Post#462 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:30 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Herbert is better than Dak look at this, if Herbert had Daks oline instead of that joke of what he has your talking about a top 5 QB. Also Mike Williams is out for the year I think if Williams was there The Chargers probably pull out that win

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/justin-herbert-stats-vs-dak-prescott-first-2-years

Dak was sacked 5 times and constantly scrambling vs Herbert just 1 at the end of the game.

Niether team could run though.

Also "talking about a top-5 QB"?....most have Herbert in their top-5
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Post#463 » by Mr B » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:01 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:So where is that dude who ranked Herbert in the top tier next to Mahomes while declaring that I'm insane for saying Dak is mid tier 8-12 range?

In all seriousness, I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB get so much elite praise for doing as little as Herbert.
Herbert didn't have his best game, that's for sure. I would take Herbert over Dak in a heartbeat though. Dak missed more throws than Herbert did last night and that was a bad night for Herbert

What game were you watching? Herbert had 15 incompletions and Dak only had 9.

And of Daks incompletions were TD strikes to Gallup and Pollard that they should have caught.

The bias against Dak is weird. If Dak had done what Herbert did last night he would be getting absolutely crucified today. Instead Herbert plays horrible, chokes the game away, and even Dallas fans are like "I'd rather have that!"

What’s so weird about a guy getting criticized that’s been in the league almost 10 years getting paid top 10 money and only having 2 playoff wins in spite of having really good-great rosters around him? Not to mention a top 5 defense.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#464 » by Mr B » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:03 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Herbert is better than Dak look at this, if Herbert had Daks oline instead of that joke of what he has your talking about a top 5 QB. Also Mike Williams is out for the year I think if Williams was there The Chargers probably pull out that win

Cowboys have also had injuries. And no one is feeling sorry for Herbert and the amount of weapons he has. Outside of age he has nothing that makes him better than Dak.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#465 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:52 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:Herbert didn't have his best game, that's for sure. I would take Herbert over Dak in a heartbeat though. Dak missed more throws than Herbert did last night and that was a bad night for Herbert

What game were you watching? Herbert had 15 incompletions and Dak only had 9.

And of Daks incompletions were TD strikes to Gallup and Pollard that they should have caught.

The bias against Dak is weird. If Dak had done what Herbert did last night he would be getting absolutely crucified today. Instead Herbert plays horrible, chokes the game away, and even Dallas fans are like "I'd rather have that!"

What’s so weird about a guy getting criticized that’s been in the league almost 10 years getting paid top 10 money and only having 2 playoff wins in spite of having really good-great rosters around him? Not to mention a top 5 defense.

Parsons is telling the media the same. Honesty its just unique to the Cowboys. But yes its weird to criticize a player for something and then praise another for the exact same thing just on the basis of "well he's younger".
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#466 » by last stand » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:24 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:What game were you watching? Herbert had 15 incompletions and Dak only had 9.

Parsons is telling the media the same. Honesty its just unique to the Cowboys. But yes its weird to criticize a player for something and then praise another for the exact same thing just on the basis of "well he's younger".

Mr. B was disagreeing with you

And it’s strange to ignore age as though it’s irrelevant

25 and 30 aren’t the same thing, especially in sports

And one’s accomplishments at 25 are incongruous to those at 30

And ones potential at 25 is different to ones at 30

And who cares what Micah parsons says, he says something every week. Wasn’t he the one who called jalen a system QB last season? Pot calling kettle black? Why’s he so concerned about media opinion?

And quite frankly any cowboys fan who hears what Micah said and gets all riled up is just as immature as he is

Jalen hurts and Brock purdy are weekly having people dissect their play and ask if they’re real or products of their system and team around them

To pretend that’s not happening is to wear cowboys glasses
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,042

Post#467 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:32 pm

So is Danielle Hunter the early favorite for DPOY?

1st in the league in sacks
1st in the league in TFL
tied for 1st for solo tackles out of the top 30 guys for sacks
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#468 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:41 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:So is Danielle Hunter the early favorite for DPOY?

1st in the league in TFL

The Vikes dropped to 7th in the draft order. Tough weekend for you.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#469 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:56 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

1st in the league in TFL

As you can see, Im scrapping for any positives I can think of as a Vikings fan haha. Cant wait for a 7-8 win season and end up outside of the top 10 and miss out on a chance to get Caleb or Luke's brother. Probably end up reaching for Sanders and get to go back to the normal days of watching horrible QB play by the Vikings...

Just give me Danielle as a legit DPOY contender alright haha.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#470 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:00 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

1st in the league in TFL

As you can see, Im scrapping for any positives I can think of as a Vikings fan haha. Cant wait for a 7-8 win season and end up outside of the top 10 and miss out on a chance to get Caleb or Luke's brother. Probably end up reaching for Sanders and get to go back to the normal days of watching horrible QB play by the Vikings...

Well, Sanders is staying in school. How does JJ McCarthy sound? :wink:
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#471 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:05 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The Vikes dropped to 7th in the draft order. Tough weekend for you.

Ya thats what theyre saying now, I still think he goes. And honestly Ive been doing a big deep dive on JJ and Penix. I got JJ 3rd with Penix 4th. I know youre a Penix guy... but Im struggling with the age and delivery. Then on the other hand, I love JJ's mobility and I think he has more natural arm talent than I previously thought.

With that said, I think the gap is smaller between Caleb and Luke's brother than it is from Luke's brother and #3. Ill be very disappointed if Minny drafts a QB and its not one of those 2. My hope right now is Minny ends up 7th or 8th and they trade up to get Luke's brother.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#472 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:31 pm

last stand wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:What’s so weird about a guy getting criticized that’s been in the league almost 10 years getting paid top 10 money and only having 2 playoff wins in spite of having really good-great rosters around him? Not to mention a top 5 defense.

And who cares what Micah parsons says, he says something every week. Wasn’t he the one who called jalen a system QB last season? Pot calling kettle black? Why’s he so concerned about media opinion?

And quite frankly any cowboys fan who hears what Micah said and gets all riled up is just as immature as he is

Jalen hurts and Brock purdy are weekly having people dissect their play and ask if they’re real or products of their system and team around them

See what we have to put up with in the Cowboy forum the past 2 years? Micah will never run out of the Dak love juice he loves to spread. He's idealistic when it comes to Dumb Dak.
As a Cowboy fan of 54 years, I wish Parsons, Jerry and everyone else running their mouths would just shut the phuck up till they actually win something. Like winning more than 2 playoff games would be a nice starter.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#473 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
last stand wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Parsons is telling the media the same. Honesty its just unique to the Cowboys. But yes its weird to criticize a player for something and then praise another for the exact same thing just on the basis of "well he's younger".

See what we have to put up with in the Cowboy forum the past 2 years? Micah will never run out of the Dak love juice he loves to spread. He's idealistic when it comes to Dumb Dak.
As a Cowboy fan of 54 years, I wish Parsons, Jerry and everyone else running their mouths would just shut the phuck up till they actually win something. Like winning more than 2 playoff games would be a nice starter.

Herbert has won ZERO playoff games

He's young though so he's elite...

If you want Dak, Jerry, Parsons, etc hatred maybe try the Eagle forum.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#474 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:39 pm

This isn't about hatred. Its about them running their mouth's and putting a target on them and the team. Its unproductive and in our case it hasn't worked out for us the past couple decades.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#475 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:This isn't about hatred. Its about them running their mouth's and putting a target on them and the team. Its unproductive and in our case it hasn't worked out for us the past couple decades.

No...Parsons comments (and mine) were in response to everyone else running their mouths.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#476 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:59 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:As you can see, Im scrapping for any positives I can think of as a Vikings fan haha. Cant wait for a 7-8 win season and end up outside of the top 10 and miss out on a chance to get Caleb or Luke's brother. Probably end up reaching for Sanders and get to go back to the normal days of watching horrible QB play by the Vikings...

Ya thats what theyre saying now, I still think he goes. And honestly Ive been doing a big deep dive on JJ and Penix. I got JJ 3rd with Penix 4th. I know youre a Penix guy... but Im struggling with the age and delivery. Then on the other hand, I love JJ's mobility and I think he has more natural arm talent than I previously thought.

With that said, I think the gap is smaller between Caleb and Luke's brother than it is from Luke's brother and #3. Ill be very disappointed if Minny drafts a QB and its not one of those 2. My hope right now is Minny ends up 7th or 8th and they trade up to get Luke's brother.

McCarthy is a guy who has really benefited based on the team & what they ask him to do. He's been very efficient. But he's not asked to carry a lot of the load. He's really in the perfect situation.

Like Penix, I think he's likely a day 2 guy. If I had to guess- 3rd round.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#477 » by last stand » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:02 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:This isn't about hatred. Its about them running their mouth's and putting a target on them and the team. Its unproductive and in our case it hasn't worked out for us the past couple decades.

No...Parsons comments (and mine) were in response to everyone else running their mouths.

I think if Micah parsons told you osama bin Laden was misunderstood you’d probably come on here and say the cowboys are being victimized
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,593

Post#478 » by Worm Guts » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:42 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:As you can see, Im scrapping for any positives I can think of as a Vikings fan haha. Cant wait for a 7-8 win season and end up outside of the top 10 and miss out on a chance to get Caleb or Luke's brother. Probably end up reaching for Sanders and get to go back to the normal days of watching horrible QB play by the Vikings...

I have a hard time believing Ewers isn’t number 3. I haven’t seen much interesting from McCarthy, it just seems like everything is so easy for him with that team.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#479 » by Mr B » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:58 pm

Not to mention all that talking makes you look dumb as **** when you play like crap or get your asses handed to you by teams like the Cardinals.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#480 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:03 pm

And if the Cowboy defense didn't have 4 big penalties on the first drive and the special teams didn't **** the bed with a turnover, you can wipe out the only T.D.'s the Charger's got all night. Without those 2 huge errors by the Cowboys its a total blow out. Two can play this game.

Return to The General NFL Board