Total votes: 35

wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Re: Predict who wins MVP 

Post#681 » by wembambamya » Sat Jan 6, 2024 4:44 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Obviously per dropback favors guys that don't have to carry the whole offense on their backs like Josh Allen has to.

really, how so? I cant quite grasp it even though many guys I respect refer to it a lot.

The Bills' level of offensive talent around the QB is about equal as the Chiefs, including one great player having a bit of a downyear (Kelce/Diggs), but Allen hasn't had quite the tumble as Mahomes.

I haven't watched every Bills game this season, but each one I've watched, Josh Allen played great.

He also happens to be the top QB on PFF.

He's mostly been out of the MVP convo because of team record and turnovers, but IMO he's been playing great and after a 4-game win streak the Bills could still win the division this week. When I began hyping #JoshAllen4MVP I said it would be dependent on the Bills winning the division. But since then he has also had two dubs where he didn't have to do much. (Cowboys was due to run game, Patriots due to defense.) So it's been the opposite as earlier in the season when the Bills were losing despite Allen playing great.

Fair enough but I meant why dropback stat specifically favors guys who have better weapons? I didnt see anything referring to teammates in the calculation of dropback, but then again I didnt really get the strengths and shortcomings of EPA dropback.

I think Allen took bit of a step back this year but still a great player, would love to see him under a offensive genius type of head coach lets see what happens with Mcdermott.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#682 » by QB_Eagles » Sun Jan 7, 2024 3:50 am

wembambamya wrote:Fair enough but I meant why dropback stat specifically favors guys who have better weapons? I didnt see anything referring to teammates in the calculation of dropback, but then again I didnt really get the strengths and shortcomings of EPA dropback.

Mahomes is 17th in that stat and obviously nobody would argue he's the 17th best QB.

*13th with minimum 200 attempts.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#683 » by El Turco » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:15 am

He might be the 13th best quarterback for this season though. Maybe not that bad but not too far behind.

No stat can really isolate quarterbacks from his teammates unless they learn to throw it to themselves.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
SurfAndTurf
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#684 » by SurfAndTurf » Sun Jan 7, 2024 1:07 pm

Lamar won it already . It was between him DAK and Hill only because whenever a team has 2 MVP candidates in the top 5 in voting they have a tendency to cancel each other out . To me I think my vote would lean towards CMC . He had an incredible year on a #1 seed .
wembambamya
Junior

Post#685 » by wembambamya » Sun Jan 7, 2024 2:10 pm

SurfAndTurf wrote:Lamar won it already . It was between him DAK and Hill only because whenever a team has 2 MVP candidates in the top 5 in voting they have a tendency to cancel each other out . To me I think my vote would lean towards CMC . He had an incredible year on a #1 seed .

Nah historically that's not the case, Turco already gave many examples of this. I agree Lamar already won it though.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#686 » by QB_Eagles » Sun Jan 7, 2024 2:59 pm

El Turco wrote:He might be the 13th best quarterback for this season though. Maybe not that bad but not too far behind.

He isn't.

wembambamya wrote:Nah historically that's not the case, Turco already gave many examples of this. I agree Lamar already won it though.

I gave examples showing the opposite. But all past examples are kinda meaningless anyway because since last season the MVP vote is ranked choice.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#687 » by wembambamya » Sun Jan 7, 2024 3:56 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
El Turco wrote:He might be the 13th best quarterback for this season though. Maybe not that bad but not too far behind.

He isn't.

wembambamya wrote:Nah historically that's not the case, Turco already gave many examples of this. I agree Lamar already won it though.

I gave examples showing the opposite. But all past examples are kinda meaningless anyway because since last season the MVP vote is ranked choice.

Where do you have Mahomes ranked this season? Easy to blame his receivers but dont think he played well in his standards.
El Turco

Post#688 » by El Turco » Sun Jan 7, 2024 4:25 pm

Defense and playing in that abysmal division carried Chiefs this season. Mahomes has been mid but that's ok, every good qb had this type of season.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#689 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:57 pm

Yesterday was another example on why CMC should be the MVP. Like Mr. B. a few weeks ago, the little engine that makes everything run for S.F.
El Turco

Post#690 » by El Turco » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:45 pm

CMC played like crap against Lions, obviously Purdy would have won it if they voted after playoffs.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#691 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:55 pm

El Turco wrote:CMC played like crap against Lions, obviously Purdy would have won it if they voted after playoffs.

If they voted after the playoffs Pat Mahomes would win every year. :wizard:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Post#692 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
El Turco wrote:CMC played like crap against Lions, obviously Purdy would have won it if they voted after playoffs.

If they voted after the playoffs Pat Mahomes would win every year. :wizard:

And it wouldn’t even be close.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,169

Post#693 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:26 am

Read on Twitter
?t=lapCp9FuL6UMQZTTj5Xkpw&s=19
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#694 » by QB_Eagles » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:37 am

That one guy who gave his 1st place vote to Josh Allen knows what's up.
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#695 » by Jaydubb » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:06 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:That one guy who gave his 1st place vote to Josh Allen knows what's up.

Didn’t know you had a vote

Return to The General NFL Board