bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,618

Re: Draft thread 

Post#881 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:37 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:McConkey & Colson will be solid starters for them. I'm not too familiar with some of the other names. Rice was probably worth a flyer where they took him (7th).

He was ranked like 125th by The Athletic guy and in a similar spot by Kiper. They also got another WR from Michigan with their last pick he is supposed to be pretty good.

Yeah, I think Rice was projected to go somewhere in the 4th. Not sure why he fell?

I thought McConkey was a Brandon Stokely clone on film. Fun player.

They say he's the best route runner in the draft, a great after the catch guy, pretty explosive (4.39 40), and maybe the most QB friendly receiver. Sounds like a great Keenan Allen replacement who will play mostly in the slot but can move to the outside as well.

They also got a RB from Troy who is supposed to be pretty solid.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,583

Post#882 » by hermes » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:47 pm

is there anybody that goes back to grade drafts from 3-4 years ago? that seems more worthwhile and instructive, because then you'd mostly know how the players turned out (and how well the teams actually did picking them)

doing grades now for this year is just an exercise in how closely teams stuck to people's mock drafts - which are guesses!
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#883 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Not draft related but since it's the most active main thread ATM:

Read on Twitter

:o
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 309

Post#884 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 1, 2024 12:39 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Not draft related but since it's the most active main thread ATM:

Read on Twitter

Not sure what's up with the smiling face on this news but hoping for a quick recovery for Tank and the others on this tragic incident.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#885 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 1, 2024 12:41 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Catch-22: If Travis was really high IQ, he wouldn't play QB due to risk of concussions.

That's what scared QB do and if he had not played, wouldn't considered him as I am aware of the injury concern. I did spend time checking out all QB prospects unlike other positions and this is the only below the radar QB that has the ability to be successful like Purdy especially while learning from an elite QB. I dont even like Milton beyond my initial love with his crazy arm strength and will end up being a worse variant of Winston.

Love Penix Jr but has same injury concerns. Since Minny drafted a bust, they maybe able to work something out to get Cousins back. Otherwise, Jefferson is good as gone as they will be passing to ghosts instead of him with any consistency. They should have retained Dobbs. Grade C even tho I love the Bama pick.

https://youtube.com/shorts/4zDtbR-efbs?si=5X_iJXl-DoVIirdO

Keon Coleman said he shops coats 2 seasons in advance. Now that's real high IQ.

Read on Twitter
Lol it would've been great if Keon could have been drafted along with Travis on the same team to create the FSU connection cause of their tight chemistry on the field. These connections only apply to QB and receivers because they are real, unlike other positions like having Bulldogs spoiled with money by stuffing themselves doing AYCE buffets challenges instead of trying to stop the run. The LSU connection between Burrow and Chase is the gold standard on the importance of this.

https://youtu.be/sOfUAFpJQoU?si=lXM10CrQd5gqmV72
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#886 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:14 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:Not draft related but since it's the most active main thread ATM:

Read on Twitter

Not sure what's up with the smiling face on this news but hoping for a quick recovery for Tank and the others on this tragic incident.

What smiling face?
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,531

Post#887 » by DOT » Fri May 3, 2024 1:48 pm

Yep, definitely a Baalke special

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#888 » by WentzerWuver » Fri May 3, 2024 5:15 pm

DOT wrote:Yep, definitely a Baalke special

The Lions definitely had the best draft based on the highest valued players taken to fill biggest needs. If healthy, they are conference championship bound as long as they take more calculated risks than unrealistic ones. Jets are not far behind them imo.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#889 » by WentzerWuver » Fri May 3, 2024 5:18 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Read on Twitter

What smiling face?
Hmm it's still showing up on mine but I am using Tapatalk, so it might be a bug on how they convert all the different type of emojis.

Return to The General NFL Board