Moderator: bwgood77

Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Re: Wild Card Week 

Post#1041 » by Jaydubb » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:But Jerry loves media attention and he would continue to dominate coverage if they hire BB. He would likely do it SB week cause that's who he is lol

I think both the eagles and cowboys would want belicheck but I don’t think belicheck would want them unless they have some assurances on roster decisions written into his contract prior to signing.

Sounds like Belichick might prefer the Falcons.

He might just want to go somewhere where he can play real life fantasy football at the end of his career where nobody will tell him what he can or can’t do. He’s not gonna get that in Dallas or philly
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Post#1042 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:42 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:I think both the eagles and cowboys would want belicheck but I don’t think belicheck would want them unless they have some assurances on roster decisions written into his contract prior to signing.

He might just want to go somewhere where he can play real life fantasy football at the end of his career where nobody will tell him what he can or can’t do. He’s not gonna get that in Dallas or philly

Nope, he won’t have total control is Philly or Dallas. He also doesn’t NEED the money like Parcels did when Jerry hired him. I don’t see any way he goes to either place.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#1043 » by last stand » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:02 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I thought the same thing. Hurts played good for the most part but the play calls and route concepts weren’t doing hurts any favors. The eagles need a coach that has more creativity for the offense. The strategy is “our guys are better than your guys” and that isn’t gonna work when you have a super basic offense that even fans can call out plays that are coming next, the defense definitely can too..lol

It’s why the jalen regression thing isn’t something I’ll even remotely touch yet. I need to see a good coach run a good offense. Too much smoke to the eagles running a garbage offense

Too many players, coaches, commentators, analysts routinely trashing it
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#1044 » by last stand » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:03 pm

El Turco wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:
last stand wrote:Idk how anyone can watch this game and think to themselves

Sirianni is gonna be coaching the eagles next year

Recievers are never open, defenses are never properly attacked, eagles never have a RB or TE to help with protection.

Jalen literally drops back on a blitz and there’s no one open and usually 1 to 2 free runners

How did they have the last season? How did they get 10-1 this season? It baffles me how the eagles gotten so bad.

I am subscribing to the Niners broke them theory, nothing else fits. Not like their schedule got more difficult.

Anything’s possible. But I just think it boils down to coaching
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Wild Card Week 

Post#1045 » by Jaydubb » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:04 pm

last stand wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I thought the same thing. Hurts played good for the most part but the play calls and route concepts weren’t doing hurts any favors. The eagles need a coach that has more creativity for the offense. The strategy is “our guys are better than your guys” and that isn’t gonna work when you have a super basic offense that even fans can call out plays that are coming next, the defense definitely can too..lol

It’s why the jalen regression thing isn’t something I’ll even remotely touch yet. I need to see a good coach run a good offense. Too much smoke to the eagles running a garbage offense

Too many players, coaches, commentators, analysts routinely trashing it

Go look at the graph I just posted in the nfc East thread. It’s crazy.. I knew it was bad but I didn’t realize it was that bad. Jalen Hurts basically just made things happen this year despite a horrible offense
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#1046 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:09 pm

last stand wrote:
El Turco wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:
How did they have the last season? How did they get 10-1 this season? It baffles me how the eagles gotten so bad.

I am subscribing to the Niners broke them theory, nothing else fits. Not like their schedule got more difficult.

Yeah that is tongue in cheek than anything, one regular season game shouldnt demoralize a team this much. Although maybe they were already running in fumes and Niners were the straw that broke camel's back.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Mamba42
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#1047 » by Mamba42 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:15 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:I think both the eagles and cowboys would want belicheck but I don’t think belicheck would want them unless they have some assurances on roster decisions written into his contract prior to signing.

This is true
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#1048 » by last stand » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:19 pm

El Turco wrote:
last stand wrote:
El Turco wrote:

Yeah that is tongue in cheek than anything, one regular season game shouldnt demoralize a team this much. Although maybe they were already running in fumes and Niners were the straw that broke camel's back.

I think that’s more likely

If I’m being totally honest I think the eagles won on talent and the coordinators putting the talent in a position to succeed

I think this year they needed more from coaching and it wasn’t there. To make matters worse the coach pushed the panic button and fired the DC which probably sank them even further
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#1049 » by azcatz11 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:04 pm

I think it's pretty obvious Hurts was playing thru significant injuries probably all season. More will come out soon on that. Every Eagles passing play is him dropping back and scrambling and throwing a random 30 yard pass down the field. Basically the opposite of the Dolphins passing attack - no timing throws. There has to be a balance.

The Eagles also criminally underused Swift who is an elite play maker in this league. No screens, no reverses, nothing. Get the guy in open space and see what he can do.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#1050 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:06 pm

last stand wrote:
El Turco wrote:
last stand wrote:

If I’m being totally honest I think the eagles won on talent and the coordinators putting the talent in a position to succeed

I think this year they needed more from coaching and it wasn’t there. To make matters worse the coach pushed the panic button and fired the DC which probably sank them even further

To me biggest deficiency in coaching was this past week, good coach would have said "ok, **** hit the fan but here we are, we can still achieve all our goals". Nfl head coaches usually let coordinators deal with Xs and Os, so one of the most important job of a head coach is motivating your team, especially when things are not going that well. Eagles' players body language was almost as bad Cowboys' players' body language after Dak's second interception, that shouldnt happen from the beginning.

Tbf Hurts deserves some blame for that too, perhaps the main thing that separated Brady from other quarterbacks was his ability to keep his teammates emotions in check. Hurts doesnt seem to have the persona that would allow him to be the emotional leader.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#1051 » by last stand » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:18 pm

El Turco wrote:
last stand wrote:
El Turco wrote:

To me biggest deficiency in coaching was this past week, good coach would have said "ok, **** hit the fan but here we are, we can still achieve all our goals". Nfl head coaches usually let coordinators deal with Xs and Os, so one of the most important job of a head coach is motivating your team, especially when things are not going that well. Eagles' players body language was almost as bad Cowboys' players' body language after Dak's second interception, that shouldnt happen from the beginning.

Tbf Hurts deserves some blame for that too, perhaps the main thing that separated Brady from other quarterbacks was his ability to keep his teammates emotions in check. Hurts doesnt seem to have the persona that would allow him to be the emotional leader.

I blame hurts for some things, but this roster had fletcher cox, Brandon graham, Jason Kelce

Those guys are all time leaders, especially in the locker room and they couldn’t do anything about it

Truth is you had a bunch of 30 year olds and guys 25 and under

And you had an excited kid at head coach. Brandon graham who will smile through a hurricane said it was the hardest season he’s ever been a part of. That includes 4 win seasons with Andy and Doug. That includes chip getting fired in season

I think Nick did that bad of a job. I think firing desai sent the defense into a panic if I’m being honest. I don’t think the defensive players agreed with it at all

I think on offense players got tired of having to be special to win. Leaks came out about wanting to throw shorter and in the middle of the field

But the offense stayed a home run offense exclusively

I just think most coaches are faced with bad moments. I’ll take shanahan. Didn’t he discipline aiyuk for like 5 weeks last year. Aiyuk has grown into an elite WR. Shanahan had the gravitas to do that. Shanahan can handle adversity.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,320

Post#1052 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:20 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Key to coaching is recruiting staff. Siriani failed after his top 2 guys left. This was Sabans Masterpiece. He went and got Pete Carroll guys, and took off again with the passing game

Supposedly the Eagles tried to hire Fangio, who went to Miami instead.

But apparently it was the GM that tried to hire the coordinators, not Siriani.

Also Siriani just completed his 4th season out of the 5 year contract.

Just doesn't seem like he's been there that long.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,320

Post#1053 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:26 pm

azcatz11 wrote:I think it's pretty obvious Hurts was playing thru significant injuries probably all season. More will come out soon on that. Every Eagles passing play is him dropping back and scrambling and throwing a random 30 yard pass down the field. Basically the opposite of the Dolphins passing attack - no timing throws. There has to be a balance.

Has Hurts ever shown that he can make those timing throws?

It seems like he got away a lot of the times last year throwing 50-50 balls and Brown and Smith were coming down with most of those.

That is not a strategy which will work consistently.

He also made a lot of second-reaction plays. But Nick Bosa claimed after the 49ers game that he put his eyes down when pressured.

So last night the Bucs blitzed him relentlessly. That is usually Bowles thing, to bring heavy pressure. But Hurts didn't handle it well, didn't have his targets get a lot of YAC on hot reads.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#1054 » by last stand » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:26 pm

wco81 wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:Key to coaching is recruiting staff. Siriani failed after his top 2 guys left. This was Sabans Masterpiece. He went and got Pete Carroll guys, and took off again with the passing game

Supposedly the Eagles tried to hire Fangio, who went to Miami instead.

But apparently it was the GM that tried to hire the coordinators, not Siriani.

Also Siriani just completed his 4th season out of the 5 year contract.

Just doesn't seem like he's been there that long.

That’s not what happened

Jonathan Gannon was still an eagle when fangio was hired by the dolphins

Fangio and the eagles had mutual interest if Gannon was hired but a good job came along so he took it

Then Gannon got hired later off of a random interview from the cardinals he got
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#1055 » by last stand » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:28 pm

wco81 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:I think it's pretty obvious Hurts was playing thru significant injuries probably all season. More will come out soon on that. Every Eagles passing play is him dropping back and scrambling and throwing a random 30 yard pass down the field. Basically the opposite of the Dolphins passing attack - no timing throws. There has to be a balance.

It seems like he got away a lot of the times last year throwing 50-50 balls and Brown and Smith were coming down with most of those.

He also made a lot of second-reaction plays. But Nick Bosa claimed after the 49ers game that he put his eyes down when pressured.

So last night the Bucs blitzed him relentlessly. That is usually Bowles thing, to bring heavy pressure. But Hurts didn't handle it well, didn't have his targets get a lot of YAC on hot reads.

That’s the offense. Down the field throws. Eagles do it more than anyone. Jalen hurts has by far the highest percentage of difficult throws he’s required to make than any QB in the nfl

It’s their scheme. Last year it worked because no one was ready for a team to be launching deep balls all game to 2 really good WRs who won. Defenses caught up and sirianni didn’t adjust his scheme
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#1056 » by azcatz11 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:30 pm

wco81 wrote:

Hurts has a long throwing motion like Herbert. They both excel with those long / intermediate passes but there needs to be a balance of more shorter throws. That's the creativity that has been lacking in the Eagles offense.

I do think he can make those throws, yes. I'm not saying he's the most accurate passer in the world but give the guy a few easy passes to Dallas in the flat or Swift with a cross down the middle. We saw none of that all season.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#1057 » by last stand » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:42 pm

Read on Twitter
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#1058 » by last stand » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:45 pm

Read on Twitter
/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1747256733125505419&currentTweetUser=BaldyNFL&mode=profile
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#1059 » by last stand » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:53 pm

The more everyone rips the offense the more I wonder if Nick would’ve been fired last year had howie not traded for AJ brown lol
wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Post#1060 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:59 pm

How do you fire a coach that just took you to a Super Bowl lol

Even this year it is weird to talk about this, if Eagles lost those 6 games towards the beginning of the season, made a run, and then lost in the first round, i dont think he would be fired lol

Return to The General NFL Board