RealGM
And1: 3,346

Re: Divisional Round Week 

Post#581 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:20 pm

El Turco wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:Turco seems to care a lot.

He is taking the piss lol

Cowboys fans cant handle me, I am just too hot. Like 5 people called him out for 60 years ago BS but he only got pissy with me. It is ok, I am used to Cowboys fans obsessing over me :lol:

Oh please. Get over yourself. Jesus.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#582 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:41 am

El Turco wrote:
last stand wrote:What’s going to happen is teams are going to see more benefit in just drafting guys and putting super teams around them

I think when baker mayfield starts getting 40 which will trickle around the league for several QBs I just think long term teams are going to draft a QB or 2 and try to build super teams. I mean would you rather have baker at 40 or a top LB, safety, and WR?

Yeah this is the way I favor. Unless you have quarterback that overcomes holes in your team, which there are maybe 4-5 of those guys, dont pay a quarterback past his rookie deal. Just build a great team and keep plugging it with young guys from the draft or maybe a veteran on a discount. We've seen unless you are Mahomes it is very difficult to win with a quarterback taking huge percentage of your cap.

I'm glad we got CJ(and WAJ) on a rookie contract for a while - I'm hoping they go heavy on the D-Line/S and then focus on adding more depth on offense. Definitely need to upgrade the running game somehow.

They have a lot of FA's but probably only a handful I really want to see come back.

If Nico stays healthy and continues to play at the level he did this year they're going to need to extend him too at some point.

Also, Taylor Swift.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#583 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:43 am

Speaking of Lawrence - you absolutely have to pay him. He's by far and away the #1 hair-swisher in the league. He's okayish at some other things too, but the hair...my god the hair!
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,320

Post#584 » by wco81 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:06 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Speaking of Lawrence - you absolutely have to pay him. He's by far and away the #1 hair-swisher in the league. He's okayish at some other things too, but the hair...my god the hair!

He probably won't make a deep playoff run until he cuts that hair.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#585 » by goober » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 am

I want the Niners to trade for Zach Wilson to be our backup QB
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#586 » by azcatz11 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:37 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
El Turco wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
He is taking the piss lol

Cowboys fans cant handle me, I am just too hot. Like 5 people called him out for 60 years ago BS but he only got pissy with me. It is ok, I am used to Cowboys fans obsessing over me :lol:

You make a lot of enemies on here man.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,430

Post#587 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:22 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:The Chiefs were the Dallas Texans for 3 years.

Pulling for them because they are from Texas would be like a Houston fan pulling for the Titans, though this would make more sense since they were in Houston for nearly 40 years. Or even a Cleveland fan pulling for the Ravens since the Ravens were in Cleveland for 50 years.

Yet the Chargers are now in LA and the Raiders are in Vegas. You still root for for your Chargers even though there isn't much to talk about there. Must be frustrating knowing the Chiefs have won 8 straight division titles and Mahomes is only 28 years old and doesn't appear to be slowing down.

This is such an odd flex for a Cowboys fan lol
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#588 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:26 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:The Ravens are going to win it all but not really because of LJ. It's because no one can score on that defense. That franchise just knows how to properly build defensive squads.

Justin Madubuike is probably the best DT in the NFL, the found him in the 3rd round.

Two AllPro LBs...Roquan and Queen.

How often does that happen? A team have two Allpro LBs the same year?

I mean, this is why I think almost any QB can win a SB with the right cast. Not a knock on LJ, he's a great QB, but that defense is carrying the team.
49ers had no issue moving the ball, they just had some bad luck with tipped balls going for INTs.

Purdy threw 4 INTs and 2 of them were definitely on him. Zero TD passes to go with that.

First was definitely on him
2nd was a great defensive play and lucky bounce
3rd was on Kittle, defender also got there early and could have been PI
4th looks like CMC stopped running his route, pocket collapsed and Purdy threw in front of CMC
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Post#589 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:55 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
El Turco wrote:

You make a lot of enemies on here man.

He has friends here too.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#590 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:31 am

El Turco wrote:No Cowboys fan was rooting for Chiefs before Mahomes lets get real

At least not the ones who became fans in the 90s.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#591 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:44 am

goober wrote:Brock Purdy is in a lose/lose situation with the media right now, it doesn’t matter how well he plays, all credit is given to his teammates. If he has a lackluster performance, he sucks.

Yeah, that's why I couldn't see him winning MVP even before the 4 Int game. He isn't trusted yet. Funny enough if he was a 1st overall pick, he'd get a lot more credit.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Post#592 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:47 am

QB_Eagles wrote:
goober wrote:Brock Purdy is in a lose/lose situation with the media right now, it doesn’t matter how well he plays, all credit is given to his teammates. If he has a lackluster performance, he sucks.

Yeah, that's why I couldn't see him winning MVP even before the 4 Int game. He isn't trusted yet. Funny enough if he was a 1st overall pick, he'd get a lot more credit.

I still say CMC is the MVP of that team.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#593 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:28 am

El Turco wrote:
last stand wrote:What’s going to happen is teams are going to see more benefit in just drafting guys and putting super teams around them

I think when baker mayfield starts getting 40 which will trickle around the league for several QBs I just think long term teams are going to draft a QB or 2 and try to build super teams. I mean would you rather have baker at 40 or a top LB, safety, and WR?

Yeah this is the way I favor. Unless you have quarterback that overcomes holes in your team, which there are maybe 4-5 of those guys, dont pay a quarterback past his rookie deal. Just build a great team and keep plugging it with young guys from the draft or maybe a veteran on a discount. We've seen unless you are Mahomes it is very difficult to win with a quarterback taking huge percentage of your cap.

Teams will have to start doing this in order to get QB salaries down.

There's really no reason Baker Mayfield should be making 1.5 as much as the best pass rushers in the NFL.

In the mid 90s Deion Sanders and Troy Aikman were making the same money per year.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#594 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:32 am

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:Who said anything about changing teams? Cowboys are still my team.

So you are hopping on Chiefs for the playoffs? seems weird but ok who cares. That 60 year ago bit sounds silly though.

Well I am a football fan and not just a Cowboys fan. So I am continuing to watch. Of the teams that are left I like the Chiefs. I’ve had an affinity for them since I was a kid, and yes because they originally started in Dallas. Not sure why that’s silly though. I mean there are tons of Oakland fans that root for the Raiders. Should only people in Vegas be allowed to root for them? What about the Rams? Are people in St Louis no longer allowed to roof for anyone? I think it’s more silly that this really bothers some people here.

I do the same thing but unfortunately I'm a backrunner and will root for teams that never won a SB like the Jags, Browns, Bills.

Lions would be next with the Bills out but I got a bad feeling about their matchup with the 49ers.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#595 » by last stand » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:34 am

QB_Eagles wrote:
El Turco wrote:

There's really no reason Baker Mayfield should be making 1.5 as much as the best pass rushers in the NFL.

In the mid 90s Deion Sanders and Troy Aikman were making the same money per year.

I think it’d be incredibly important for an owners meeting to come to this conclusion and push towards a complete market reset for QBs.

The best and only way to do it is to keep proving that the albatross QB contracts don’t equal winning. Eventually it’ll go the way of the RB and soon the WR. There’s a top 15 WR being drafted 3 times a first round now. Eventually teams will stop paying them since they can draft someone on par but 20 million dollars cheaper.

I think if the nfl can actually figure this out we may see the QB go a similar direction, problem is not enough teams have the infrastructure to actually build good enough teams

Buuut maybe that’s where all the expensive QBs go, to the poorly run franchises. They pay for putting butts in seats, and the good franchises keep drafting and building contenders
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#596 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:52 am

This one's for our resident gamblers:

Read on Twitter
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#597 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:58 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:49ers had no issue moving the ball, they just had some bad luck with tipped balls going for INTs.

Purdy threw 4 INTs and 2 of them were definitely on him. Zero TD passes to go with that.

First was definitely on him
2nd was a great defensive play and lucky bounce
3rd was on Kittle, defender also got there early and could have been PI
4th looks like CMC stopped running his route, pocket collapsed and Purdy threw in front of CMC

He threw another one straight to a defender but it got dropped. That's why sites that rate these things give him 2 effective INTs for that game.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#598 » by Mariner » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:46 am

last stand wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:
El Turco wrote:

I think it’d be incredibly important for an owners meeting to come to this conclusion and push towards a complete market reset for QBs.

The best and only way to do it is to keep proving that the albatross QB contracts don’t equal winning. Eventually it’ll go the way of the RB and soon the WR. There’s a top 15 WR being drafted 3 times a first round now. Eventually teams will stop paying them since they can draft someone on par but 20 million dollars cheaper.

I think if the nfl can actually figure this out we may see the QB go a similar direction, problem is not enough teams have the infrastructure to actually build good enough teams

Buuut maybe that’s where all the expensive QBs go, to the poorly run franchises. They pay for putting butts in seats, and the good franchises keep drafting and building contenders

I never understood why there isn’t a cap on QB contracts. The owners would love it. Not tying in all that guaranteed money on one contract.
The PA also wouldn’t mind it seeing as the money would be distributed to more players. The starting 32 QBs wouldn’t like it but they are severely outvoted.
Seems like a win for the owners and over 90 percent of the membership.
As long as the floor and cap is in place the players will still get their normal cut.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#599 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:33 pm

Mariner wrote:I never understood why there isn’t a cap on QB contracts. The owners would love it. Not tying in all that guaranteed money on one contract.
The PA also wouldn’t mind it seeing as the money would be distributed to more players. The starting 32 QBs wouldn’t like it but they are severely outvoted.
As long as the floor and cap is in place the players will still get their normal cut.

It would be the easiest fix but I'm not sure if I like it competitively. It's better for competitive balance if the Chiefs for example are struggling a bit like they did this year.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#600 » by Mariner » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:09 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Mariner wrote:I never understood why there isn’t a cap on QB contracts. The owners would love it. Not tying in all that guaranteed money on one contract.

It would be the easiest fix but I'm not sure if I like it competitively. It's better for competitive balance if the Chiefs for example are struggling a bit like they did this year.

You might be right. It just feels like every QB is getting paid. The next guy up mentality.

Return to The General NFL Board