Re: Conference Championships 

Post#921 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:48 pm

Mr B wrote:
last stand wrote:
Lexluthor wrote:He is better than top 12 . He is a top 5 qb

And Jalen hurts was top 5 last year

Lamar Jackson was a few weeks ago.

I think people are way too prisoner to the moment

Saying Brock purdy is a top 12 QB is reasonable. It implies on a given Sunday he can be a top 5 guy to a top 12 guy. Which is the truth for most QBs in the top 12

How dare you! Haven’t you heard? Brock Turdy is better than Pat Mahomes now.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#922 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:16 pm

Mahomes didnt even go to super bowl his second season what a bum
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,584

Post#923 » by hermes » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:46 pm

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/superbowl_quarterbacks/

bart starr was drafted in the 17th round
kurt warner was undrafted
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#924 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:15 pm

The Rams had the answer for Brady, Mahomes, Burrow, Lamar, everyone a few years ago. A Fierce PASS rush. You must crush the pocket and erase the time a QB can sit in the pocket. If the 9ers do not apply heavy pressure, Mahomes will have a field day
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Jack Dempsey
Pro Prospect
And1: 514

Post#925 » by Jack Dempsey » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:12 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:There were 3 plays that cost the Lions the game.
1) Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. considering they lost by 3 points, it needed to be brought up.
2) The fumble by Gibbs. Can't happen. It cost your team 7 points.
3) The bad throw by Purdy that goes off a Lion defender and luckily caught by Aiyuk. **** happens. I get it. Horrible break that cost you another 7 points.
49ers should feel very fortunate today. I didn't even include the 4 drops by the Lions in the game. 3 of them were just awful, especially the 2 by Josh Reynolds.Regardless, Lions covered so in that department all things went well for me.

Agreed - good summary
I don't agree on point #1 cause they been going for it on 4th and short all season long...its their MO that got them there. He's just using hindsight as an argument Lol. What if he had taken the FG and missed it? So now his argument is he should have gone for it like he's done all season long which he completed 26 out of 30 when going for it on 4th down.

It just bad luck and choking on the dropped balls.

You may be right but given the situation I tend to agree with azcatz. I mean as a 49ers fan I'm not complaining at all :lol: but in a situation where we just gained the momentum the Lions were not in a position to make such a risky move. Ofc they could have missed the FG but it was more likely they get the 3 points than they get the TD. They could have stopped the 49ers' run by putting some points to the board and taking back the momentum. So yeah, I too think it was a mistake by the coach.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Post#926 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:31 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:The Rams had the answer for Brady, Mahomes, Burrow, Lamar, everyone a few years ago. A Fierce PASS rush. You must crush the pocket and erase the time a QB can sit in the pocket. If the 9ers do not apply heavy pressure, Mahomes will have a field day

That works against traditional pocket passers (even ones that can scramble like Mahomes) however if you do that against Jackson you’re feeding to his strength. He was gash you with huge runs. Against Jackson you’re better off keeping him in the pocket and forcing him to beat you with his arm and accuracy.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#927 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:33 pm

Joe Montana is gonna do the SB coin toss, yes?

Return to The General NFL Board