The Lion

Moderator: bwgood77

SurfAndTurf
Freshman
And1: 17

The Lion 

Post#1 » by SurfAndTurf » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:18 pm

Lots of chatter going on about Micah Parsons and where he wants to line up . Here’s my take .

He’s lying when he claims to love Dan Quinn . He loves money more . Quinn’s defense loves Tweeners in the box . No defense plays with a Safety in the box as much as Quinn’s . So you have an undersized hybrid safety / LB in the box basically all the time . Problem is there’s no Bobby Wagner . You can’t have light in the ass Guys taking on blockers running full speed . Quinn wants Parsons to be that Bobby Wagner / Fred Warner type of guy . You still get 10 sacks but with 130 tackles . But those guys don’t make the most money and they rarely win DPOTY . The Lion has to grow up and do what’s best for the team
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Re: The Lion 

Post#2 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:09 pm

SurfAndTurf wrote:Lots of chatter going on about Micah Parsons and where he wants to line up . Here’s my take .

He’s lying when he claims to love Dan Quinn . He loves money more . Quinn’s defense loves Tweeners in the box . No defense plays with a Safety in the box as much as Quinn’s . So you have an undersized hybrid safety / LB in the box basically all the time . Problem is there’s no Bobby Wagner . You can’t have light in the ass Guys taking on blockers running full speed . Quinn wants Parsons to be that Bobby Wagner / Fred Warner type of guy . You still get 10 sacks but with 130 tackles . But those guys don’t make the most money and they rarely win DPOTY . The Lion has to grow up and do what’s best for the team

Part of the reason Quinn had to play with Safties playing LB is because that’s the way the Jones’ built the team. They put all their eggs in the LVE basket knowing damn well it was just a matter of time before he got injured again. If Quinn would have had legit LB’s on the team they would have been starting instead of the Safeties.

As for Micah, he is one of the 2-3 best pass rushers in the game. It would be asinine to play him anywhere else. Get some legit LB’s and continue to have Micah attack the QB. Continue to move him around and attack the line from every angle.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#3 » by WentzerWuver » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:33 pm

SurfAndTurf wrote:Lots of chatter going on about Micah Parsons and where he wants to line up . Here’s my take .

Just cause you love money more doesn't mean that applies to everyone with no proof whatsoever. Micah cares more about bring the best pass rusher in the game than material things base on how he was raised but that's just my opinion.
SurfAndTurf
Freshman

Post#4 » by SurfAndTurf » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:51 am

WentzerWuver wrote:

Just cause you love money more doesn't mean that applies to everyone with no proof whatsoever. Micah cares more about bring the best pass rusher in the game than material things base on how he was raised but that's just my opinion.

Idk if you could be the best pass rusher when most of your sacks come the first half of the season . I know he still gets pressure but this is the 3rd year in a row that this happened . I think that if they are going to keep him on the edge that they should switch to a 3-4 defense .
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#5 » by Mariner » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:29 pm

SurfAndTurf wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Idk if you could be the best pass rusher when most of your sacks come the first half of the season . I know he still gets pressure but this is the 3rd year in a row that this happened . I think that if they are going to keep him on the edge that they should switch to a 3-4 defense .

He does seem to get warn down a bit as the season goes.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#6 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:18 pm

SurfAndTurf wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Demarcus Ware got into the HOF doing that his entire career.
SurfAndTurf
Freshman

Post#7 » by SurfAndTurf » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:57 pm

Mr B wrote:
SurfAndTurf wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Just cause you love money more doesn't mean that applies to everyone with no proof whatsoever. Micah cares more about bring the best pass rusher in the game than material things base on how he was raised but that's just my opinion.

Demarcus Ware got into the HOF doing that his entire career.

That’s a great individual accomplishment but if you want a ring you have to dominate the final 2 months of the season . In Parsons defense though his body isn’t use to this because he didn’t rush the passer like this in college . Plus he is still relatively young he probably doesn’t even have his man strength yet . But it is what it is . He wears down there’s no debating that .
SurfAndTurf
Freshman

Post#8 » by SurfAndTurf » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:36 pm

I don’t know what you do . His frame just seems smaller than even the OLB s in a 3-4 . I know he’s saying he was 252 but what did he end the season at ? That’s a grueling position to go to from a MLB plus adding 5 or 6 games to your schedule. I think if they switched to a 3/4 they would really unleash his speed and it will be harder to get a body on him . Which would maybe prevent him from taking such a beating and wearing down even if it’s just a little . He’s that good where you are supposed to build the defense around him . Give him a better chance to succeed instead of just depending on his freak athleticism every snap .
breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 305

Post#9 » by breezypeezy » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:23 am

Dan Quinn is no longer Micah's problem.

Return to The General NFL Board