i'll take the vikings
no way that kirk cousins is going to the den of sin that is las vegas
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,452

Re: Free Agency !!!! 

Post#42 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:09 pm

https://www.nfl.com/news/bengals-to-use-franchise-tag-on-wr-tee-higgins

Bengals wasted no time burning $22 million of their $72 million in cap space.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,380

Post#43 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:23 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:For now that’s true. They could easily get under the cap even without extending Dak. Obviously though including Dak’s extension they would have even more cap space.

Is Dak getting his extension this off-season you think?

It's funny how a team like the Saints works around the cap. They keep kicking the can & yet somehow make it work.

Here is an article that explains where the Cowboys are with Dak and his contract. The Cowboys basically have 3 options.

1. They can give him the extension which would give them $20M in cap space.

2. Don’t extend him and eat the huge cap hit. Get completely off Dak and allow him to hit free agency.

3. His current contract has 2 voided years at the end of it. The Cowboys can convert his salary into a signing bonus and push that money to one of the voided years. They would still get the cap hit to whichever year they move the money to but they’ll cross that bridge when they get to it. In this scenario Dak still becomes a free agent. The Cowboys also get $18M in cap space. This would be because Jerry doesn’t think he’s going to live much longer.

I like option #2 the best. Get Dak out of here as fast as possible. :nod:
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#44 » by Mariner » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Is Dak getting his extension this off-season you think?

It's funny how a team like the Saints works around the cap. They keep kicking the can & yet somehow make it work.

Here is an article that explains where the Cowboys are with Dak and his contract. The Cowboys basically have 3 options.

2. Don’t extend him and eat the huge cap hit. Get completely off Dak and allow him to hit free agency.

3. His current contract has 2 voided years at the end of it. The Cowboys can convert his salary into a signing bonus and push that money to one of the voided years. They would still get the cap hit to whichever year they move the money to but they’ll cross that bridge when they get to it. In this scenario Dak still becomes a free agent. The Cowboys also get $18M in cap space. This would be because Jerry doesn’t think he’s going to live much longer.

Option 3 is the same but gives the cowboys more cap room this year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#45 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:59 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Here is an article that explains where the Cowboys are with Dak and his contract. The Cowboys basically have 3 options.

Option 3 is the same but gives the cowboys more cap room this year.

Whatever it takes to get him out of here as soon as possible is what I'm all for.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,206

Post#46 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 am

I'm lookin at the DTackles Wilkins out of Miami and Jones out of KC. 2 game changers
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#47 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:13 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:Some team is probably going to be dumb enough and sign Saquon Barkley to big money, despite the fact that his best years are behind.

I'd take him for 2 years in Dallas, not for "big money" though I agree that's dumb.

I wouldn’t mind Barkley coming to Dallas as long as he signs cheap and they also draft a big back like Braelon Allen out of Wisconsin.

Problem is Barkley never got his big pay day even when he was in his prime. Can't see Barkley going on the cheap to anyone. This is probably his last chance to get a decent deal. I think there is a better chance of getting D. Henry on the cheap for a couple years. Only thing missing on his resume as a great Rb is now getting a ring somewhere.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#48 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I'd take him for 2 years in Dallas, not for "big money" though I agree that's dumb.

I wouldn’t mind Barkley coming to Dallas as long as he signs cheap and they also draft a big back like Braelon Allen out of Wisconsin.

Problem is Barkley never got his big pay day even when he was in his prime. Can't see Barkley going on the cheap to anyone. This is probably his last chance to get a decent deal. I think there is a better chance of getting D. Henry on the cheap for a couple years. Only thing missing on his resume as a great Rb is now getting a ring somewhere.

I doubt any of the free agent RB’s get a big deal. It’s very possible that all will remain FA’s until after the draft. I have a feeling most of the free agent RB’s will have no choice to sign 1 yr vet min contracts (because that’s all that will be offered).
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,220

Post#49 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:09 pm

RBs have a crap situation in the NFL. By the time their rookie deal is over they have run their wheels off and obtained CTE. I really feel like the NFL should make an exception for them in some way. I don't know how, but they do not have a fair situation in comparison to every other position.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 333

Post#50 » by QB_Eagles » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:20 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I'd take him for 2 years in Dallas, not for "big money" though I agree that's dumb.

Then why would he go to Dallas?
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,748

Post#51 » by GeorgeSears » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:59 am

Micah Prescott wrote:RBs have a crap situation in the NFL. By the time their rookie deal is over they have run their wheels off and obtained CTE. I really feel like the NFL should make an exception for them in some way. I don't know how, but they do not have a fair situation in comparison to every other position.

When the Fullbacks got schemed out of the league I don't think anyone really cared. It's unfortunate, but the NFL in many ways reflects society. Certain professions just naturally become disposable. For RBs, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,220

Post#52 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:57 am

GeorgeSears wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:RBs have a crap situation in the NFL. By the time their rookie deal is over they have run their wheels off and obtained CTE. I really feel like the NFL should make an exception for them in some way. I don't know how, but they do not have a fair situation in comparison to every other position.

When the Fullbacks got schemed out of the league I don't think anyone really cared. It's unfortunate, but the NFL in many ways reflects society. Certain professions just naturally become disposable. For RBs, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

I think the league could do something like max 2-year rookie deal for players designated as running backs. They are the ones who put their brains on the line for the team, they deserve better IMO.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:35 am

I could see the NFL eventually go the way of 3 year rookie contracts for RB’s and LB’s.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 333

Post#54 » by QB_Eagles » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:51 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:

I think the league could do something like max 2-year rookie deal for players designated as running backs. They are the ones who put their brains on the line for the team, they deserve better IMO.

Then Lamar Jackson would have actually entered the draft as a RB. :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#55 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#56 » by last stand » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:06 pm

Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter

A lot of safeties 5-6 years younger that are better

It also saves 14 million in cap which is a lot
Mr B
RealGM

Post#57 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:48 am

This would be interesting. I would t go e up much though. Sam Williams for Reddick?

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:49 pm

Mr B wrote:This would be interesting. I would t go e up much though. Sam Williams for Reddick?

Read on Twitter

Who the hell would want any scrubs or sloppy second rejects from the Egals? Egals are gonna suck next year and will be fortunate to finish 3ird in the division. Stop wasting time shopping around that waste dump of a team, organization and city and go after Patrick Queen. I don't want their rejects.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,513

Post#59 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM