studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Re: NFL Wheelings and Dealings 

Post#121 » by studcrackers » Thu Apr 1, 2010 12:12 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
Ong_dynasty wrote:
But to make it out like McNabb has been treated harshly is a jk...

Are you serious? There isn't a star player that was ever less appreciated by his own fanbase.

i was thinkin the same, especially watchin the cowboys get their ass kicked the 1st half of this decade, such a jekyll and hyde relationship w/mcnabb and philly
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#122 » by Icness » Thu Apr 1, 2010 12:21 pm

FakeScreenName123 wrote:I do not understand why San Francisco is not interested in McNabb.

Who do they have at qb right now? Why would anyone think that group would be better then McNabb? They'd win the division easily. Crabtree would benefit from it greatly likely. And its a win-win, if for some reason it doesnt work out McNabb only has 1 year on his deal so you could let him go and if he's great then he'll take your team into the postseason at least.

Couldn't agree more, they absolutely need him and he would make them the team to beat in the NFC West for 2-3 years.

I'm not sure that Mike Singletary wants a strong personality like that as his QB though. I think he's comfortable with Smith and Carr being quiet, accepting guys that aren't going to question his strategies or challenge his authority.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#123 » by Ong_dynasty » Fri Apr 2, 2010 4:36 pm

Eagles just traded Sheldon Brown and Chris Gocong for a 4th,5th and Alex Hall..
Since your a clevland fan Icness, can you give any info on this Alex Hall?
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#124 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Apr 2, 2010 6:20 pm

Dallas cut Hozell Adams & Ken Hamlin.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#125 » by Icness » Sat Apr 3, 2010 12:52 am

Ong_dynasty wrote:Eagles just traded Sheldon Brown and Chris Gocong for a 4th,5th and Alex Hall..

I'm not a Browns fan, but I know Alex Hall well, scouted him at St. Augustine. Real big, thick LB with some blitz ability but primarily a special teams guy. He can fill in at any LB spot in a short-term reserve capacity, probably better inside in a 3-4 but it sounds like the Eagles want him for special teams, where he is real tough.

I had a feeling Brown was going to go, they were discreetly shopping him in Indy. Gocong is a bit of a surprise but he wanted more $$ and contract length than Philly was comfortable giving him.

For the Browns, this means their draft pick is definitely for sale, and it's very bad news for Joe Haden. If JAX doesn't take him at 10 he could fall to SF at 17.
Iceman778
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#126 » by Iceman778 » Sat Apr 3, 2010 6:20 am

I've heard they've sniffed at the Lions about Julian Peterson, but that will wait until draft day, if at all.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach

Post#127 » by Ong_dynasty » Sat Apr 3, 2010 4:52 pm

Icness wrote:
Ong_dynasty wrote:Eagles just traded Sheldon Brown and Chris Gocong for a 4th,5th and Alex Hall..

I'm not a Browns fan, but I know Alex Hall well, scouted him at St. Augustine. Real big, thick LB with some blitz ability but primarily a special teams guy. He can fill in at any LB spot in a short-term reserve capacity, probably better inside in a 3-4 but it sounds like the Eagles want him for special teams, where he is real tough.

I had a feeling Brown was going to go, they were discreetly shopping him in Indy. Gocong is a bit of a surprise but he wanted more $$ and contract length than Philly was comfortable giving him.

For the Browns, this means their draft pick is definitely for sale, and it's very bad news for Joe Haden. If JAX doesn't take him at 10 he could fall to SF at 17.

I always forget if your a Lions or a Browns fan..
so in other words, dont expect anything significant from Alex Hall..!!Cool!
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#128 » by Icness » Sun Apr 4, 2010 1:05 am

Ong_dynasty wrote:
Icness wrote:

I always forget if your a Lions or a Browns fan..
so in other words, dont expect anything significant from Alex Hall..!!Cool!

Yeah I grew up near Cleveland but I never liked the Browns. Everyone else loved them or the Steelers so I had to be the different kid and rooted for Detroit. Still regretting that decision all these years later :banghead:
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,990

Post#129 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:34 am

Ong_dynasty wrote:so in other words, dont expect anything significant from Alex Hall..!!Cool!

With a move like this, I'm actually thinking it would be better McNabb is traded. At least if it is to a team that cares more about winning than saving money. Actually, if I'm not mistaken, that is one thing the Eagles have been focused on, trying to save money. Weren't they usually one of the "top teams" to have the most cap space left?

If only they invested in a big time receiver 10 years ago... McNabb might have had an 00's that rivaled Manny or Brady's.
leaguegod692
Senior
And1: 26

Post#130 » by leaguegod692 » Sun Apr 4, 2010 9:29 am

Icness wrote:
FakeScreenName123 wrote:I do not understand why San Francisco is not interested in McNabb.

Who do they have at qb right now? Why would anyone think that group would be better then McNabb? They'd win the division easily. Crabtree would benefit from it greatly likely. And its a win-win, if for some reason it doesnt work out McNabb only has 1 year on his deal so you could let him go and if he's great then he'll take your team into the postseason at least.

Couldn't agree more, they absolutely need him and he would make them the team to beat in the NFC West for 2-3 years.

but does it make them a contender ? i don't think it does

they are gonna be tough to beat in the west anyway, i don't think they achieve much more then mcnabb then they do without him, i think they are better off using their draft picks to help alex smith and co (IE giving him some protection )
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach

Post#131 » by Ong_dynasty » Sun Apr 4, 2010 5:03 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
Ong_dynasty wrote:so in other words, dont expect anything significant from Alex Hall..!!Cool!

With a move like this, I'm actually thinking it would be better McNabb is traded. At least if it is to a team that cares more about winning than saving money. Actually, if I'm not mistaken, that is one thing the Eagles have been focused on, trying to save money. Weren't they usually one of the "top teams" to have the most cap space left?

If only they invested in a big time receiver 10 years ago... McNabb might have had an 00's that rivaled Manny or Brady's.

I agree that it is better for McNabb to be traded..I think it is a new chapter in the Eagles organization..But to say that they have focused on saving money is a jk.! Look at the time that Reid has been there and the amount of top FA's that they have paid for..Them not overpaying for mediocre talent ala Redskins does not make them cheap..and the cap space is based on the organizations skills on creating contracts that are cap friendly.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,431

Post#132 » by trwi7 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 12:16 am

Schefter is saying the Eagles traded McNabb to the Redskins.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/statuses/11613372960
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,990

Post#133 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Mon Apr 5, 2010 12:58 am

Ong_dynasty wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:

I agree that it is better for McNabb to be traded..I think it is a new chapter in the Eagles organization..But to say that they have focused on saving money is a jk.! Look at the time that Reid has been there and the amount of top FA's that they have paid for..Them not overpaying for mediocre talent ala Redskins does not make them cheap..and the cap space is based on the organizations skills on creating contracts that are cap friendly.

Well, I did say if I wasn't mistaken. I just remember having read a few times how the Eagles had a bunch of cap space left they never used over the years (could have gotten them better than Trash and Stinkston, that's for sure!). You are right, they did spend money on top FA's from time to time. However, besides TO, then never did spend money on getting a top receiver, which seems pretty dumb. A great way to improve your team when you have a top quarterback is to get him someone to throw too!

Oh well.. it's over now anyway.
monica
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#134 » by monica » Mon Apr 5, 2010 12:21 pm

yes ,i think so ,nfl is cool .
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#135 » by Liqourish » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:45 pm

Seahawks trade OG Rob Sims to the Lions for a 5th rd pick. This helps protect Stafford and basically sets up Suh going to the Lions at #2. Seattle gets a 5th rd pick for a player that didn't fit on their team. Good deal all around I say.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#136 » by VinnyTheMick » Tue Apr 6, 2010 6:54 pm

Any truth to the rumor that the skins could trade haynesworth to the titans?
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
Munchlaxatives
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#137 » by Munchlaxatives » Wed Apr 7, 2010 3:42 am

I doubt it. I don't think Fisher likes Fat Al
I'm sorry I haven't been funny. I am not a comedian. I am Lenny Bruce.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#138 » by Liqourish » Wed Apr 7, 2010 1:10 pm

According to sources, KVB has been talking up Haynesworth in Detroit to Schwartz. Any smoke there Jeff? The only way I see the Redskins doing it, is if the Lions agree not to take Okung before them.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach

Post#139 » by Ong_dynasty » Wed Apr 7, 2010 1:26 pm

^^^wow with a haynesworth that team may actually be quite competitive!
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#140 » by chrbal » Fri Apr 9, 2010 12:17 am

I love the idea of the Lions getting Haynesworth, but how could they do it? What will it cost?

And more importantly, as much as I like the idea of the Lions trading for him...I like the fact that the Redskins won him last year. Hows that $32 mil for 13 months working out?

Return to The General NFL Board