NFL Wheelings and Dealings

Moderator: bwgood77

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,813

Re: NFL Wheelings and Dealings 

Post#141 » by Rafael122 » Fri Apr 9, 2010 3:55 pm

Let's get one thing clear...Haynesworth, his talent alone is a first round pick.

I could see the Skins and Lions swapping picks. Haynesworth goes to Detroit, but the Lions would also have to give up their 2nd round pick, as well as their 4th.

AH would be playing on a $20 million deal. He is arguably the best DT in the league. A swap of picks plus two extra picks from Detroit would be enough, and they would still get Suh or McCoy in the 1st round. The Skins don't have to trade him, especially since they've given him $32 million already. But I would not be surprised if Allen asks for at least a first rounder to start off.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#142 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Apr 9, 2010 7:24 pm

The team getting Haynesworth would be paying pennies for a player of his production and caliber. If we don't get multiple 2nd and 3rd rounds picks or a 1rst round pick along with a third round pick, we are getting robbed.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,173
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#143 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Apr 9, 2010 8:02 pm

Seriously, anyone that trades for him gets pure salary deal, and 0 cap penalties if they ever cut or trade him, correct?

Most dominant defender in the league on an easy contract, the Redskins should be askinng for a lot more.

that's why I think this is bs, he's worth way more than a second rounder.

If not, the Saints should be lining up to trade pick 32 for him.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#144 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Apr 9, 2010 9:26 pm

A number would have to be negotiated on how much of the remaining bonus on fatties deal the other team has to pick up. But that number will be less than 10 million and he would be essentially playing on a three year 20 million deal once he's traded out of Washington.

That much money for a guy as dominant as fat ass is a steal. Shanahan is a moron if he gives him away for anything than less than a first rounder + more. It's too bad that Vinny gave out this albatross of a contract. That along with using a third round supplement pick on Jeremy Jarmon really **** everything up. I don't get why Shanahan just doesn't go with a 4-3 defense instead of this (Please Use More Appropriate Word) 3-4 switch.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#145 » by Liqourish » Fri Apr 9, 2010 9:35 pm

^ The problem is, a team can't send cash to the Redskins for Haynesworth bonus money. It just can't be done. Thats why it's more likely that a bad contract, like Portis, would be included in the deal.

Lions won't send a 1st, that's a top 5 pick. I could see them agreeing to switch first round picks and adding a 3rd + a player for AH and CP.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#146 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Apr 9, 2010 9:51 pm

Liqourish wrote:^ The problem is, a team can't send cash to the Redskins for Haynesworth bonus money. It just can't be done. Thats why it's more likely that a bad contract, like Portis, would be included in the deal.

Lions won't send a 1st, that's a top 5 pick. I could see them agreeing to switch first round picks and adding a 3rd + a player for AH and CP.

The thing with the bonus is that it is not due until 2013 and he can be cut before he receives it so it's really an empty number. He will be playing on a three year, 16 million contract. A swap of first round picks does us no good either. We covet no one in the draft that makes us want to move up to 2. No reason to take on the extra salary. The lions would have to give us the #2, their 2nd round pick for Haynesworth and the #4 pick.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#147 » by Rafael122 » Fri Apr 9, 2010 11:00 pm

Skins don't want any players in return, they want picks.

If the second overall pick is out of the question, I'd ask for their 2nd rounder, 4th rounder, and their 2011 1st round pick which will probably be a top 10 pick. When you factor in how nice his contract is now and how good of a player he is, I agree...multiple picks this year, and a first round pick next year would be a good way to start off.
Liqourish
RealGM

Post#148 » by Liqourish » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:00 pm

The Redskins already PAID the bonus. Just recently. It's not due, it's been paid. And no team trading for Haynesworth can repay it to the Redskins. They aren't getting that money back. The only way they get some of that money back is if AH voids his contract and signs with another team. If he's traded, it doesn't matter cause the Redskins aren't seeing that money again.

Lions aren't giving up #2 for anyone.... not even AH. :lol: I love that moving up two spots is "taking on the extra salary" but getting another top 5 pick is fine.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#149 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Big difference in moving up having two top 5 picks or just one pick but paying more salary for no reason. We have no one in the top 5 that we really need to move up for. Hell apparently, Shanny likes Trent Williams more than Russell Okung for the ZBS he runs. So we have absolutely no reason to get to #2 while giving up a top 5 defender in the league.

The only way a team is getting Haynesworth is if they give up a future first and multiple 2nd and 3rd line picks.
Liqourish
RealGM

Post#150 » by Liqourish » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:10 pm

^ Keep dreaming. No one is giving all that up for Hayensworth. No one. I think you're going to be highly disappointed when/if Haynesworth is moved.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#151 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:45 pm

And in that case Haynesworth won't be traded because everyone knows that he's not on the trade block. Shanahan has listened to offers for pretty much every player on the roster but we aren't trying to get rid of fatty.
MadCityBucky
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#152 » by MadCityBucky » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:52 am

Santonio Holmes to the Jets for a 5th rounder. That's really all Pittsburgh could get for him?
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#153 » by treiz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:15 am

HAHAHA! GO TANNY!
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#154 » by Icness » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:16 pm

I wake up this morning and find two messages from a friend of mine on the Jets. The first says, "S. Holmes for nothing!!". The second says, "Why we get him for nothing?"

Consider Santonio the fall guy for all the miscreant behavior going around Pittsburgh these days. There are some other circumstances--he (always) wants more $$, he & Mike Wallace are the same guy, the Steelers had (legit) fear he was going to fail another drug test--but the rash of Steeler arrests and legal allegations is what pushed him out the door.

As always, whenever a consistently successful team trades a seemingly valuable commodity to a team that appears to immediately threaten them, step back and ask yourself why they would do that. My early impression is that the Jets hit a home run here, but the Steelers have a long history of knowing precisely when to let guys go.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#155 » by Rafael122 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Denver must be pissed. They will definitely not get a first rounder for Marshall.
Fatty
Head Coach
And1: 11

Post#156 » by Fatty » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:39 pm

wtf!!!!
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#157 » by Icness » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:11 pm

If you're in Orlando I'll be on the ESPN Radio affiliate tonight 8:45 PM talking about Holmes and the draft.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#158 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:14 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Denver must be pissed. They will definitely not get a first rounder for Marshall.

That's something I thought of today.

This trade angered me. Why'd they trade him to another afc opponent? You're telling me some nfc team wouldn't part with a 5th rounder?
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#159 » by VinnyTheMick » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:
This trade angered me.

I am not surprised in the least.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#160 » by Ong_dynasty » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:56 pm

Icness wrote:I wake up this morning and find two messages from a friend of mine on the Jets. The first says, "S. Holmes for nothing!!". The second says, "Why we get him for nothing?"

Consider Santonio the fall guy for all the miscreant behavior going around Pittsburgh these days. There are some other circumstances--he (always) wants more $$, he & Mike Wallace are the same guy, the Steelers had (legit) fear he was going to fail another drug test--but the rash of Steeler arrests and legal allegations is what pushed him out the door.

As always, whenever a consistently successful team trades a seemingly valuable commodity to a team that appears to immediately threaten them, step back and ask yourself why they would do that. My early impression is that the Jets hit a home run here, but the Steelers have a long history of knowing precisely when to let guys go.

This is what I always think with deals that are too good to be true..especially when it is coming from a top class organization.

Return to The General NFL Board