NFL Wheelings and Dealings

Moderator: bwgood77

Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Re: NFL Wheelings and Dealings 

Post#1941 » by Celtsfan1980 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Arda K wrote:so browns lost 4 of their best players and didnt sign anybody despite having more capspace than any other team. they are going to be a good candidate for 0-16

You know little about the Browns. The offensive line was garbage. Two of the players who left were offensive linemen. I would have preferred Schwartz got tagged but Mack at this point was not worth the money he is making. Benjamin is a mediocre wide receiver at best and Gipson had a sub-par season. McCown had a good season, and Barnidge as well. Gordon may be coming back, the defense played much better at the end of the year(a defense that has been good some years), and even the running game improved at the end of the season. Need depth with the offensive line obviously. If everything goes right I'd say 14 wins is possible. If everything goes wrong(as it mostly did this season) I'd say as little as two wins. 0-16 is very, very unlikely.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Re: RE: Re: NFL Wheelings and Dealings 

Post#1942 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:41 pm

Slava wrote:Sanchize to Broncos. Damn, between QBing in the NFL and playing center in the NBA, I wonder which job has the higher pay to skill ratio.

Yikes. Kaep would also be awful. Panic move by Elway.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,841

Post#1943 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:46 pm

I don't believe Sanchez will be the starting QB, but I could be wrong. My guess is, Denver will draft a QB, and he'll be the starter a la Russell Wilson for the Seahawks back in 2012.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1944 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:00 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:I don't believe Sanchez will be the starting QB, but I could be wrong. My guess is, Denver will draft a QB, and he'll be the starter a la Russell Wilson for the Seahawks back in 2012.

Rumor is Denver wants Kaep. Sanchez would be the #2. I don't get it. Having seen Kaep in the division, the last 2 years. He's been bad. Awful.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,841

Post#1945 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:I don't believe Sanchez will be the starting QB, but I could be wrong. My guess is, Denver will draft a QB, and he'll be the starter a la Russell Wilson for the Seahawks back in 2012.

Rumor is Denver wants Kaep. Sanchez would be the #2. I don't get it. Having seen Kaep in the division, the last 2 years. He's been bad. Awful.

Yeah, I don't quite understand it myself. Although, I will say that Kaepernick doing a bootleg in a play-action off of a presumably strong running game, could be pretty interesting.

But still, I don't think it would be a good move to bring in Kaepernick, especially since there are reports that he prefers to go to Cleveland, and Elway has been adamant in saying that he only wants players who want to be in Denver.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#1946 » by El Turco » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:08 pm

Kaep can be servicable as long as he is not asked to win games by himself, like wilson in seattle. Denver still has a great team where he can just do little to win games.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco

Post#1947 » by El Turco » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:12 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:
Arda K wrote:so browns lost 4 of their best players and didnt sign anybody despite having more capspace than any other team. they are going to be a good candidate for 0-16

You know little about the Browns. The offensive line was garbage. Two of the players who left were offensive linemen. I would have preferred Schwartz got tagged but Mack at this point was not worth the money he is making. Benjamin is a mediocre wide receiver at best and Gipson had a sub-par season. McCown had a good season, and Barnidge as well. Gordon may be coming back, the defense played much better at the end of the year(a defense that has been good some years), and even the running game improved at the end of the season. Need depth with the offensive line obviously. If everything goes right I'd say 14 wins is possible. If everything goes wrong(as it mostly did this season) I'd say as little as two wins. 0-16 is very, very unlikely.

Mack is a top 5 center at worst. Browns were a 3 win team with no qb and good oline, they ll be worse with no qb and no oline barring big changes.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1948 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:22 pm

Arda K wrote:Kaep can be servicable as long as he is not asked to win games by himself, like wilson in seattle. Denver still has a great team where he can just do little to win games.

Lol Russ is light years better in the pocket. Kaep still struggles reading a defense. The Niners tried to make him a traditional pocket passer. Didn't work.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#1949 » by studcrackers » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:

14 wins? from the browns? lolwut?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#1950 » by Mr. E » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:20 pm

Can someone quickly explain to me why there is another headline on Wiretap about Brady being suspended? What is it about now?

It feels kind of like a witch hunt.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1951 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Chandler Jones to AZ. NE gets Cooper & a 2nd. Yikes.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,737

Post#1952 » by Revived » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Chandler Jones to AZ. NE gets Cooper & a 2nd. Yikes.

This trade reminds me of the NBA's James Harden trade the Thunder made few years back.

Thunder tried to justify trading Harden by saying that they didn't have the cap room to keep him which is same thing Patriots are doing. Just like Harden, Jones is an up and coming star too.

I hate the Patriots so I'm glad to see them get the short end of a trade for once. I just wish my Chargers could have jumped on this instead, we could use a player like Jones.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1953 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:01 pm

SF88 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Chandler Jones to AZ. NE gets Cooper & a 2nd. Yikes.

This trade reminds me of the NBA's James Harden trade the Thunder made few years back.

Thunder tried to justify trading Harden by saying that they didn't have the cap room to keep him which is same thing Patriots are doing. Just like Harden, Jones is an up and coming star too.

I hate the Patriots so I'm glad to see them get the short end of a trade for once. I just wish my Chargers could have jumped on this instead, we could use a player like Jones.

Good player. A little worried having to face them in the division. Hopefully, he's one and done in AZ.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1954 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:50 am

Pats get Martellus Bennett. Damn. Strong move.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#1955 » by Celtsfan1980 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:58 pm

studcrackers wrote:
Celtsfan1980 wrote:

14 wins? from the browns? lolwut?

A much better head coach.
A better defensive coordinator.
Gordon probably coming back.
McCown had 12 TD's and 4 picks. He was productive last season.
The offensive line gave up 53 sacks last season. With some good drafting they're capable of being much better.
Running game was looking better at the end of the year.
Defense played much better at the end of the year. With many young players they're capable of being much better next season.
Plenty of injuries last year by the way. More than the norm.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#1956 » by Celtsfan1980 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:03 pm

Has Seattle signed anyone good yet? Seattle's horrible offseason seems to be getting much less media attention than Cleveland's horrible offseason.
El Turco

Post#1957 » by El Turco » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:39 pm

cleveland is a horrible team that needs to sign players, seattle can survive without adding anybody

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1958 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:05 pm

Arda K wrote:cleveland is a horrible team that needs to sign players, seattle can survive without adding anybody

This.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1959 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:09 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:Has Seattle signed anyone good yet? Seattle's horrible offseason seems to be getting much less media attention than Cleveland's horrible offseason.

The Hawks have very little cap space. Okung is solid, but is injury prone. Has only played one full season. They can find a Tackle in the draft. Irvin wasn't expected back at the money he wanted. No biggie. They still have one of the most talented rosters. Cleveland, not so much. :wink:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#1960 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:25 pm

anchize keeps getting himself into bad situations. He got hooked with a coach who didnt care about offense, thus fired. And now he took a denver job that just won a superbowl. History overwhelingly shows that once a team goes to the superbowl, they usually go downhill afterwards. A coupla exceptions, but historical data is there. Sanchize shouldve waited, be patient and fish out another deal somewhere else. Teams need the Sanchize type QBs. Dont just rush to the next gig.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to The General NFL Board