NFL Wheelings and Dealings

Moderator: bwgood77

Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,259

Re: NFL Wheelings and Dealings 

Post#1981 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:45 pm

Fletcher Cox getting the richest non qb deal in NFL history. $103 million over 6 years ($63 million guranteed). :crazy:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#1982 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:39 pm

The Regime wrote:Fletcher Cox getting the richest non qb deal in NFL history. $103 million over 6 years ($63 million guranteed). :crazy:

:o :
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,892

Post#1983 » by blazza18 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:06 am

Cox is good. You'll see.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1984 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:49 pm

Luck inks extension through 2021.

Edit: 6 years/140m :o
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1985 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:01 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PaulGAllen/status/757402538123546626[/tweet]

:rock:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#1986 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:54 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/PaulGAllen/status/757402538123546626[/tweet]

Hey Cactus. I hear Michael Bennett is not happy and wants more money. If you guys don't want him, please send him to Dallas. We need all kinds of help with our D-line. If you can currently call what we have a D-line, lol.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1987 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/PaulGAllen/status/757402538123546626[/tweet]

Hey Cactus. I hear Michael Bennett is not happy and wants more money. If you guys don't want him, please send him to Dallas. We need all kinds of help with our D-line. If you can currently call what we have a D-line, lol.

:lol: God No!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1988 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:02 pm

The latest. My Cowboys are about to be fined $250,000 for having 3 players getting suspended for substance abuse. Is there any more evidence we need About the Cancerous culture Jerry has created with his high risk, red flag value picks. Been bitching about this for over 6 years now. This is starting to feel like a 20 year hang over for Cowboy nation. And Jerry didn't even supply the booze, damn.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#1989 » by bleu » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:46 pm

Looks like Nick Foles is back on the market. Where will he end up?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1990 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:11 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The latest. My Cowboys are about to be fined $250,000 for having 3 players getting suspended for substance abuse. Is there any more evidence we need About the Cancerous culture Jerry has created with his high risk, red flag value picks. Been bitching about this for over 6 years now. This is starting to feel like a 20 year hang over for Cowboy nation. And Jerry didn't even supply the booze, damn.

Blue, you'd be a welcomed addition to the Hawks bandwagon. Come to the good side, my man. Become a fan of a great owner in Paul Allen. An owner that doesnt rule like a dictator. Along with a great GM & coach duo. A very good & exciting team that should compete for years to come. As well as a very strong fan base. No one would blame you, for jumping ship. Is Jerry really worthy of your continued support? Think about it. :D
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1991 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:16 am

bleu wrote:Looks like Nick Foles is back on the market. Where will he end up?

The Hawk's could still use a backup.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1992 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:31 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The latest. My Cowboys are about to be fined $250,000 for having 3 players getting suspended for substance abuse. Is there any more evidence we need About the Cancerous culture Jerry has created with his high risk, red flag value picks. Been bitching about this for over 6 years now. This is starting to feel like a 20 year hang over for Cowboy nation. And Jerry didn't even supply the booze, damn.

Blue, you'd be a welcomed addition to the Hawks bandwagon. Come to the good side, my man. Become a fan of a great owner in Paul Allen. An owner that doesnt rule like a dictator. Along with a great GM & coach duo. A very good & exciting team that should compete for years to come. As well as a very strong fan base. No one would blame you, for jumping ship. Is Jerry really worthy of your continued support? Think about it. :D

Geez Catus. I hear what you are saying, but damn, I've been a lifelong Cowboy fan since I was a little kid in 1970. I'm suppose to jump ship after 46 years of complete loyalty through the good times and bad. Of course we hardly ever had any bad years under Landry, Schramm and Clint Murchinson. The CULTURE here in Dallas that Jerry has created for his play pen is something I'm really not used to at all. Plus I have an extensive blue room in my home with over 328 plaque boards, tons of throwback jerseys, championship mugs and Plaques, etc., and 40 years of just about everything you can buy that says Cowboys. Outside of my family and friends, most of my life has totally revolved around my Cowboys. I'm a total Cowboy and political junkie. Not sure if I can change. I'm too old and stuck in my ways. I sure would love to have your defense though. I love the way your defense has played the last few years when they are healthy. They don't back to anyone, their nit intimidated by anyone and they have a nice nasty swagger about them. it sort of reminds me of the Bob Lilly, Chuck Howley, Ed Jones and Randy White days. We were feared by everyone for 20 years. I sure miss those days.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1993 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:10 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Geez Catus. I hear what you are saying, but damn, I've been a lifelong Cowboy fan since I was a little kid in 1970. I'm suppose to jump ship after 46 years of complete loyalty through the good times and bad. Of course we hardly ever had any bad years under Landry, Schramm and Clint Murchinson. The CULTURE here in Dallas that Jerry has created for his play pen is something I'm really not used to at all. Plus I have an extensive blue room in my home with over 328 plaque boards, tons of throwback jerseys, championship mugs and Plaques, etc., and 40 years of just about everything you can buy that says Cowboys. Outside of my family and friends, most of my life has totally revolved around my Cowboys. I'm a total Cowboy and political junkie. Not sure if I can change. I'm too old and stuck in my ways. I sure would love to have your defense though. I love the way your defense has played the last few years when they are healthy. They don't back to anyone, their nit intimidated by anyone and they have a nice nasty swagger about them. it sort of reminds me of the Bob Lilly, Chuck Howley, Ed Jones and Randy White days. We were feared by everyone for 20 years. I sure miss those days.

That's fair. Not a fan of Dallas, but I can appreciate your loyalty.

I myself, have been a Hawks fan since the 90's. Dennis Erickson was at the helm in those days. Mediocrity was pretty much the norm. Thankfully, Paul Allen came along & restored the franchise. Mike Holmgren soon followed along with some mild success.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1994 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:17 am

Btw Blue, why are you a fan of the other teams you listed? Curious.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1995 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:50 pm

[quote="Cactus Jack"]Btw Blue, why are you a fan of the other teams you listed? Curious.[/quote
Not sure if you know, but I live in Maine. Born and raised here. Back then basketball was my favorite sport when I was a small kid. So it wasn't hard to be a Celtic fan, especially when John Havlicek was my first idol and the rich history the Celtics had at the time. Of course it wasn't hard to also be a Bruins fan during the bobby Orr days. You have to remember, we have long winters up here so hockey and basketball are huge in the northeast and especially here in Maine. Despite waiting 39 years after the 1972 Stanley Cup win, I always remained loyal to the Bruins. Then in 1973, I went to basketball camp for the first time and the next 5 years after that. Dean Smith, Phil Ford were the main characters most of the coaches harped about at these camps and always showed us film with Dean Smith and his Tar Hells when teaching fundamentals. Always admired everything about Dean Smith. His class and grace reminded me of Landry and that's how that started. I've always love ACC basketball anyways. Nobody will ever get me or ever convince that the ACC is not the best basketball conference in the country. I think I made a great choice in that regard growing up. Now regarding the Cardinals. There is a bit of a story behind that one. All I am going to say for now, it that the Yawkey's were terrible owners of the Red Sox during that time span. They made me a Cardinal fan after the Red Sox 1978 season. Now that I was older and not influenced by my grandparents, family, friends, etc., and started to really understand baseball, I hated the approach the Red Sox had towards baseball and loved the Cardinals vision of things. You know, strong pitching, defense and extremely solid up the middle. Always believed in that type of system and still do today. Being strong on defense and up the middle is a great thing, in all sports.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1996 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Btw Blue, why are you a fan of the other teams you listed? Curious.

This 18 year old hang over Jerry has done to Cowboy Nation is something I'm not used to. We used to be the Class of the NFL. We used to have a class coach, class owner and GM, a class system and class players. Now re have a revolving door of classless thugs, junkies and women beaters and I can't for the life of me figure out that cancerous owner, Jerry Jones. Every year I can figure out what we need and what it takes to bring some of the great talent we do currently have to championship level. But I stopped trying to figure him out since 2003. I don't know our system or what it is suppose to look like anymore. We have no healthy culture and we can't get the best in the business in Big-D anymore. On top of all that, Jerry has messed up so many trade and drafts for us. Has set us back many years with most of his moves. We need football people to make football draft choices in the war room. We don't have a Tom Landry anymore that can get us 3 hall of famers after the first round. Mel Renfro in round 2, Bob Hayes in round 7 and Roger Staubach in round 10, all in the 1964 draft by the way. Most of our draft picks by Jerry either end up on suspension for drugs, or are injury prone, end up in jail, or drink and drive and kill their teammate friends, hang out at strip clubs or bars on their time off, steal underwear or beat up their girl friends or who ever. To me, this is why Jerry miserably fails when it come to character and his choices on who he brings in. Poor Tom has to be rolling in his grave.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1997 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Aug 4, 2016 3:46 am

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1998 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:04 pm

Hear the latest? Jerry want to bring in Art Brile from Baylor. Some culture change in Bid - D. Wow. I'm almost ready to check myself into a funny farm.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1999 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:57 pm

Read on Twitter
OnceUponADime
Senior
And1: 399

Post#2000 » by OnceUponADime » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:01 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spiller's so done. He hasn't been good since his one very good season he had in Buffalo a while ago.

He should honestly just retire. I don't know why these teams keep thinking he's gonna be productive for them, he's really not.

I'd rather roll the dice on some undrafted rookie and hope I found a diamond in the rough than go with Spiller. Or sign Ray Rice who still has more in his tank than Spiller.

Return to The General NFL Board