NFL Wheelings and Dealings

Moderator: bwgood77

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Re: NFL Wheelings and Dealings 

Post#21 » by Icness » Fri Mar 5, 2010 4:17 pm

Liqourish wrote:Kyle Vanden Bosch agreed to a 4 yr deal with the Lions. Corey Williams should be a Lion by the end of today. Nate Burleson will be a solid #2 WR opposite Calvin Johnson. Now we need some O-line help and a CB or two.

Look up one post 8-)
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,030

Post#22 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm going to hate to see how much money Atlanta signed Dunta Robinson for. He turned down $23 million guaranteed from Houston last year.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#23 » by Liqourish » Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:10 pm

According to reports, KVBs contract was frontloaded at $10 million it's first year, which is all he's gauranteed. After that, it's small in salary and ungauranteed incase a new CBA is put in place.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#24 » by Icness » Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:17 pm

The Lions added 3 upgraded starters today. None are great, but I like the raising of the overall talent level. And now they're shopping for a RB, though not Taylor or apparently Thomas Jones either.

Karlos Dansby is "priority #1" for Bill Parcells, so that should pay off for Miami. I think he's the biggest-impact FA in this class, Peppers included. I know WAS and NYG are interested too but he's a Parcells kind of guy.

Just heard the Browns are pondering an offer for Brady Quinn. 3rd rounder this year and a conditional 2011 pick to send Quinn to be a backup/eventual starter. Not sure if I'd do it if I was either team.
snazel
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#25 » by snazel » Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:41 pm

I can’t see the Browns dealing Quinn unless they have a deal already in place for a starting-capable vet QB….
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#26 » by Liqourish » Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:49 pm

Hey Icness, any word about the Lions trading down in the draft now? Some speculation that the Lions will actively look to trade down now. I'd rather get Suh an fill the secondary in later rounds.
Disco_Biscuit
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#27 » by Disco_Biscuit » Fri Mar 5, 2010 6:00 pm

Disco_Biscuit wrote:Do you see the Broncos going after and ex-Pats? I know how much Mac loves them. And any news on the BMarsh front? I am a believer that they won't trade him and that 1st round tender was just to knock him down a peg or two from believing he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I trust you more than my own thoughts :D

Icness, I need answers, I am fearing the worst :(
Unsung wrote:I ain't no troll so shut up, and if you look it up on various topic, New Orlean is the 7th most sinnest city in the world fyi.

I don't make stuff up.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#28 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Mar 5, 2010 7:05 pm

Chester Taylor to the Bears

Filed to ESPN: Chester Taylor reaches agreement with Bears on a four-year, $12.5 million deal that includes $7 million gtd in year one.

from schefter.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#29 » by lpsevier » Fri Mar 5, 2010 7:42 pm

HMFFL wrote:I'm going to hate to see how much money Atlanta signed Dunta Robinson for. He turned down $23 million guaranteed from Houston last year.

No kidding.....
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 407

Post#30 » by Grang33r » Fri Mar 5, 2010 8:02 pm

Iceness, anything knew on that Brady Quinn rumor?

Also, do you have any Buffalo Bills rumors?
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#31 » by Icness » Fri Mar 5, 2010 8:03 pm

Disco_Biscuit wrote:
Disco_Biscuit wrote:Do you see the Broncos going after and ex-Pats? I know how much Mac loves them. And any news on the BMarsh front? I am a believer that they won't trade him and that 1st round tender was just to knock him down a peg or two from believing he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I trust you more than my own thoughts :D

Icness, I need answers, I am fearing the worst :(

There just aren't that many ex-Pats out there that anyone wants to sign. I could maybe see Adalius Thomas but they aren't at the front of the line.

They gave Marshall the 1st round tender with the absolute purpose of getting someone to trade for him. And it sure sounds like Seattle is about to bite. If Adam Schefter reports something out of Denver, you can bank on it happening. I don't think they'll match the offer sheet and neither does Peter King.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#32 » by Icness » Fri Mar 5, 2010 8:05 pm

Grang33r wrote:Iceness, anything knew on that Brady Quinn rumor?

Also, do you have any Buffalo Bills rumors?

Those two just might be related... 8-) Nothing new on anything there though.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,228

Post#33 » by thesack12 » Fri Mar 5, 2010 8:09 pm

Ice said the team that made the offer for Quinn sees him as a "backup/eventual starter". I'm guessing that it could be Seattle or Minnesota who would possibly be looking for something like that.

Edit: Based on Ice's above post, it could be Buffalo also :)
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 407

Post#34 » by Grang33r » Fri Mar 5, 2010 8:26 pm

If Quinn comes to Buffalo, i wonder if they get Jake Delhomme for 1 year and allow Quinn to sit....
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#35 » by Icness » Fri Mar 5, 2010 9:08 pm

thesack12 wrote:Ice said the team that made the offer for Quinn sees him as a "backup/eventual starter". I'm guessing that it could be Seattle or Minnesota who would possibly be looking for something like that.

Edit: Based on Ice's above post, it could be Buffalo also :)

They're not the same, but you read me right. Holmgren is actively shopping Quinn and the Bills are interested. One radio personality in Cleveland insists they're talking to Seattle about a Quinn-for-Hasselbeck deal, but he's a noted moron and I haven't heard that from anyone around the Browns.

FYI the Bills are quietly shopping Donte Whitner. Not sure what his market is but I love the guy.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#36 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Mar 5, 2010 9:11 pm

The Redskins would have never signed Julius Peppers. His agent tryna get more $$$ for his dude.
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#37 » by FakeScreenName123 » Fri Mar 5, 2010 9:26 pm

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sou ... oldin.html

The New England Patriots have emerged as the frontrunner to land Arizona Cardinals star wide receiver Anquan Boldin via a trade, according to league sources.

The Baltimore Ravens have been heavily pursuing Boldin, but the Patriots lead for Boldin's services at this point.

Nothing is done right now, but the Patriots are regarded as the leader in the Boldin sweepstakes.

The Ravens and Patriots and other unknown teams are jockeying for position in trade discussions with Cardinals general manager Rod Graves.

If the price gets too high, the Ravens could move on with a different player, including Houston Texans free agent Kevin Walter, who's on their radar.

Fingers crossed. Fingers crossed. Fingers crossed.
JustBlaze
Starter
And1: 386

Post#38 » by JustBlaze » Fri Mar 5, 2010 11:08 pm

FakeScreenName123 wrote:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Patriots-are-the-frontrunners-for-Boldin.html

The New England Patriots have emerged as the frontrunner to land Arizona Cardinals star wide receiver Anquan Boldin via a trade, according to league sources.

The Baltimore Ravens have been heavily pursuing Boldin, but the Patriots lead for Boldin's services at this point.

Nothing is done right now, but the Patriots are regarded as the leader in the Boldin sweepstakes.

The Ravens and Patriots and other unknown teams are jockeying for position in trade discussions with Cardinals general manager Rod Graves.

If the price gets too high, the Ravens could move on with a different player, including Houston Texans free agent Kevin Walter, who's on their radar.

Fingers crossed. Fingers crossed. Fingers crossed.

Looks like Ravens are the front-runners now.
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#39 » by FakeScreenName123 » Fri Mar 5, 2010 11:37 pm

Im so mad at the patriots right now. I want them to convine me that they can get that good of a receiver for picks like that around 7 million a year. Oh wait, they cant. What the **** is going on with the patriots and their contracts??? No one seems to know what the hell they are doing.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,228

Post#40 » by thesack12 » Fri Mar 5, 2010 11:40 pm

From the 'Tap:

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/16148/20100305/report_reid_only_one_holding_up_mcnabb_trade/

FOX Philly - Eagles coach Andy Reid is the only member of the team's front office that is holding up a trade involving Donovan McNabb, according to FOX Philly.

Reports have indicated that McNabb could be dealt soon and sources told FOX 29 that the Rams, contrary to popular belief, aren't one of the interested teams.

Not sure if this is saying that Reid has yet to sign off on a trade already in place, or if it just means that Andy has yet to be receptive to the idea if trading Donovan.

If there is a deal in place, any info on who the other team is?

San Francisco has recently been linked to Donovan. If it is the 9ers, I hope it isn't for #13 or #17.

McNabb is surely an upgrade over Alex, but he will also turn 34 this season.

Return to The General NFL Board