NFL Wheelings and Dealings

Moderator: bwgood77

Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Re: NFL Wheelings and Dealings 

Post#41 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat Mar 6, 2010 4:12 am

FakeScreenName123 wrote:Im so mad at the patriots right now. I want them to convine me that they can get that good of a receiver for picks like that around 7 million a year. Oh wait, they cant. What the **** is going on with the patriots and their contracts??? No one seems to know what the hell they are doing.

I'm pretty happy with what they've done so far. Re-signing wilfork was huge.

A tight end would be nice, go out and trade for greg olsen.
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#42 » by FakeScreenName123 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 5:44 am

I posted that right before those re-signings came out so i feel a little better. I wasnt expecting any big free agent splash by them this year, my frustration was turning down that deal/re-signing the guys mainly.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#43 » by magicfan4life05 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 12:21 pm

FakeScreenName123 wrote:Im so mad at the patriots right now. I want them to convine me that they can get that good of a receiver for picks like that around 7 million a year. Oh wait, they cant. What the **** is going on with the patriots and their contracts??? No one seems to know what the hell they are doing.

ya Boldin on the Pats would've been awesome

Heres what Mortensen said

http://twitter.com/mortreport?max_id=10 ... twttr=true

Interesting sidebar on Anquan Boldin - the Patriots wanted him, but on a one-year deal, a la Randy Moss when he was acquired from Raiders.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
Munchlaxatives
RealGM
And1: 9

NFL Free Agency 

Post#44 » by Munchlaxatives » Sat Mar 6, 2010 5:47 pm

So far what I've got is:

Dunta Robinson to the Falcons
Karlos Dansby to the Dolphins
Antrell Rolle to the Giants (way overpaid)
I'm sorry I haven't been funny. I am not a comedian. I am Lenny Bruce.
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant
And1: 59

Re: NFL Free Agency 

Post#45 » by ChronicKerr » Sat Mar 6, 2010 6:18 pm

Julius Peppers, Chester Taylor, and Brandon Manumaleuna to the Bears
WAYSA
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#46 » by WAYSA » Sat Mar 6, 2010 8:03 pm

Cough up one of your 3 2nd round picks, preferably the middle one and Greg Olsen is yours.
Disco_Biscuit
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#47 » by Disco_Biscuit » Sat Mar 6, 2010 9:26 pm

Justin Bannan and Nathan Jones to Broncos
Unsung wrote:I ain't no troll so shut up, and if you look it up on various topic, New Orlean is the 7th most sinnest city in the world fyi.

I don't make stuff up.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,030

Post#48 » by HMFFL » Sat Mar 6, 2010 9:37 pm

Wow!

Atlanta paid Dunta Robinson, $57 million, $23 million guaranteed.

NY Giants paid Antrel Rolle, $37 million, $15 million guaranteed.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#49 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Mar 6, 2010 9:51 pm

That Dunta Robinson deal is just horrible. Also why did the Giants get Rolle? He seems like the same type of player Kenny Phillips is...
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,228

Post#50 » by thesack12 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 10:32 pm

Icness wrote:FYI the Bills are quietly shopping Donte Whitner. Not sure what his market is but I love the guy.

I heard on Sirius NFL radio today that Buffalo may be one team to take advantage of the uncapped year in the opposite sense. No cap also means there is no cap floor either. Which means there is no minimum salary a team must pay for their roster. If Buffalo is headed that direction they could trade proven talent for draft picks in a effort to shed salary.

What would you guess it would take to pry Donte away? Would say maybe a 4th and a 6th, or a 3rd be enough? My 9ers could definitely use a guy like Donte. They need to address safety in the draft anyways, so personally I would do a trade like that, and get a young proven guy to plug into the secondary. (I don't like Taylor Mays with a high draft pick)

Also what is Whitner's contract situation, would he require a new deal if he got traded?
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#51 » by High 5 » Sun Mar 7, 2010 1:18 am

I'm definitely scratching my head at Dunta Robinson's contract. But for the first time in forever I have total confidence in our GM and coach so I'm willing to give TD the benefit of the doubt.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#52 » by GS Warriors 1 » Sun Mar 7, 2010 7:53 am

Wizards2Lottery wrote:Also why did the Giants get Rolle? He seems like the same type of player Kenny Phillips is...

Because the Giants are concerned about Phillips future with the knee injury.
leaguegod692
Senior
And1: 26

Post#53 » by leaguegod692 » Sun Mar 7, 2010 10:59 am

Icness,

any truth on niners going after jared gaither ? would be a great addition, they're probably gonna use atleast one of their first on the O-line anyway (maybe both ) so it would be great to get a young, proven nfl tackle
Munchlaxatives
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#54 » by Munchlaxatives » Mon Mar 8, 2010 12:38 am

High 5 wrote:I'm definitely scratching my head at Dunta Robinson's contract. But for the first time in forever I have total confidence in our GM and coach so I'm willing to give TD the benefit of the doubt.

I don't like the guy at all. Seemed like a shadow of his former self, which wasn't great to begin with.

I'm hoping for Leigh Bodden in Houston, even though I can't say he ever stood out to me.
I'm sorry I haven't been funny. I am not a comedian. I am Lenny Bruce.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#55 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 8, 2010 3:27 am

Atlanta will trade Chris Houston to Detroit for their 6th round pick, and both teams will swap 5th round picks.

Adam Schefter reports that the Lions are on the verge of a trade for Falcons CB Chris Houston.
The deal should be finalized on Monday. Atlanta is expected to receive Detroit's sixth-round pick and switch places with the Lions in round five. Houston, the No. 41 overall selection in 2007, is immensely talented but fell out of favor last season despite starting more games than any Falcons cornerback. He is a press corner, which would fit well in Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham's man-to-man secondary. Mar. 7 - 8:08 pm et
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,781

Post#56 » by Rafael122 » Mon Mar 8, 2010 3:41 am

I gotta say, I'm surprised by the non-moves the Skins have made.

We lost out on Dansby, Clifton, and Pashos. Apparently we were never in on Peppers and we've only signed Artis Hicks. Well, we still have two tackle spots to fill. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they haven't overpaid for anyone, but they haven't signed anyone either.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#57 » by Icness » Mon Mar 8, 2010 1:52 pm

leaguegod692 wrote:Icness,

any truth on niners going after jared gaither ? would be a great addition, they're probably gonna use atleast one of their first on the O-line anyway (maybe both ) so it would be great to get a young, proven nfl tackle

They are going after him, could have something done quickly. He does not want to leave BAL though.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#58 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 8, 2010 9:50 pm

Rafael122 wrote:I gotta say, I'm surprised by the non-moves the Skins have made.

Not anything to get excited about, but I heard the Redskins will most likely offer Willie Parker a contract.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#59 » by Icness » Tue Mar 9, 2010 2:18 pm

What's happening:
--both TO and Antonio Bryant are in Cincinnati to meet with the Bengals. Whichever comes cheaper will be a Bengal in 2010, because that's how they do things. I'm guessing TO because he's more self-aware than Bryant, and that should tell you how people feel about Bryant.

--Cleveland traded for Seneca Wallace. Most people read this as sayonara Derek Anderson, but I see it even deeper. I think Holmgren brought him in to run the show for a year while they bring along a rookie after they deal Brady Quinn. With the #7 pick, the Browns choose Jimmy Clausen. Just thinking out loud there...

--The Lions cut Dewayne White this morning and I suspect he'll have suitors. If he can get healthy he's a quality 4-3 base side end. He could wind up back in Tampa. They also signed Jonathan Wade for some reason.

--Don't believe the Shaun Rogers trade rumors. They are laughable; Rob Ryan is designing the entire defense around him.

--Richie Incognito and the Redskins are talking, no idea how serious though

--I wrote about the Panthers being real losers in free agency. Here's another example: they cut Brad Hoover, the emotional leader of the team after Delhomme, and their first FA signing is a #5 WR and special teamer, Wallace Wright. That team is going Florida Marlins on us real quick.

--KC is looking at all sorts of second-tier RBs, but I've heard the guy they are targeting is Laurence Maroney, who New England is not-so-quietly shopping for anything they can get.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#60 » by Liqourish » Tue Mar 9, 2010 2:50 pm

Hey Jeff, there are rumblings about Lito having interest form the Bears and Lions. Any word on your end?

Return to The General NFL Board