NFL Wheelings and Dealings

Moderator: bwgood77

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Re: NFL Wheelings and Dealings 

Post#61 » by Icness » Tue Mar 9, 2010 8:07 pm

Liqourish wrote:Hey Jeff, there are rumblings about Lito having interest form the Bears and Lions. Any word on your end?

Lito wants more $$ than anyone will give him right now. Either he needs to lower his demands or else he'll wait until someone gets an injury in camp and sign then. Or the Bears will overpay him...
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#62 » by Celtics_Champs » Tue Mar 9, 2010 8:13 pm

How are the pats gonna fill these holes? If they trade maroney that would leave the pats with an aged Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris at RB, No TE, and no number 2 WR.

We haven't even got to the defensive holes yet.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#63 » by Icness » Tue Mar 9, 2010 8:47 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:How are the pats gonna fill these holes? If they trade maroney that would leave the pats with an aged Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris at RB, No TE, and no number 2 WR.

I've been telling everyone for a long time now that New England does not have one RB on that roster that will be there after 2010. Belichick does not trust Maroney, period. I'm just guessing here, but it has some basis in a conversation I had in Mobile: New England really likes C.J. Spiller, and teams in the 5-10 overall range will be more than willing to move back for some extra picks. Like a certain in-over-his-head GM in Kansas City...
J7A345
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#64 » by J7A345 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:42 am

It looks like Jamal Williams and Jarvis Green will be Broncos this fall:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -makeover/
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#65 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 am

We should trade Fred Davis to New England for their 2nd round pick.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#66 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:58 am

Icness wrote:
Celtics_Champs wrote:How are the pats gonna fill these holes? If they trade maroney that would leave the pats with an aged Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris at RB, No TE, and no number 2 WR.

I've been telling everyone for a long time now that New England does not have one RB on that roster that will be there after 2010. Belichick does not trust Maroney, period. I'm just guessing here, but it has some basis in a conversation I had in Mobile: New England really likes C.J. Spiller, and teams in the 5-10 overall range will be more than willing to move back for some extra picks. Like a certain in-over-his-head GM in Kansas City...

I'd love spiller. But what's it gonna take us to move up, how many of those 2nd round picks would we have to throw in?
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#67 » by Icness » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:27 pm

J7A345 wrote:It looks like Jamal Williams and Jarvis Green will be Broncos this fall:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -makeover/

If Jamal Williams can move at all, he's a freaking steal. Not sure he can though. I think Denver will learn quickly that Green is another oen of those Patriots that looks great in NE but once out of there he's decidedly ordinary. Worth the signing though considering their defensive holes.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#68 » by Icness » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:35 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:
I'd love spiller. But what's it gonna take us to move up, how many of those 2nd round picks would we have to throw in?

Again just guessing, but I think the Pats 1st rounder, one of the 2nds, and a 2nd or 3rd next year would do it. Not sure if Hoodie would be willing to part with all that though. If you see a pre-draft trade where the Pats move up into the 11-16 range, you can bet it's to better position themselves to go up further.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,510

Post#69 » by Worm Guts » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Tomlinson is visiting the Vikings on Thursday. From what I've been hearing on other message boards is that there's a pretty good chance he'll sign.
JustBlaze
Starter
And1: 386

Post#70 » by JustBlaze » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:50 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Tomlinson is visiting the Vikings on Thursday. From what I've been hearing on other message boards is that there's a pretty good chance he'll sign.

I was kind of hoping that Westbrook would go to Minny and Tomlinson would go to the Texans.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#71 » by Icness » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Thomas Jones to the Chiefs, done deal.

TO in Cincy today, dining with Marvin Lewis tonight. I hear Antonio Bryant did not endear himself yesterday.

Derek Anderson is a jackass, and he might also be a Carolina Panther by the end of the week. Cleveland didn't cheer when he was hurt, they cheered because Joe Thomas freaking planted a guy running back yet another DA INT and finally showed some emotion in celebrating it.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#72 » by Ong_dynasty » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:04 pm

Icness...any news on the Eagles qb situation?
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#73 » by Icness » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Ong_dynasty wrote:Icness...any news on the Eagles qb situation?

I've heard what NFP reported the other day, that they are ready to deal McNabb and might even have deals on the table but Andy Reid won't let them pull the trigger.

On a related subject--I love how Adam Schefter comes out today with "breaking news" that the Browns are actively shopping Brady Quinn. I wrote that during my Combine reports two weeks ago and I wasn't the only one either. The Cleveland and Lorain paper beat writers have had that story for weeks. That guy is a freaking self-important egomaniac--though his info is almost always golden. Way to be late to the party and take all the credit, Mr. Schefter :roll:
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,510

Post#74 » by Worm Guts » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:14 pm

I'm hoping the Eagles keep McNabb. I expect Favre back for the Vikings this year, and I'd like to have McNabb as an option next offseason.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#75 » by studcrackers » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Icness wrote:
Ong_dynasty wrote:Icness...any news on the Eagles qb situation?

I've heard what NFP reported the other day, that they are ready to deal McNabb and might even have deals on the table but Andy Reid won't let them pull the trigger.

On a related subject--I love how Adam Schefter comes out today with "breaking news" that the Browns are actively shopping Brady Quinn. I wrote that during my Combine reports two weeks ago and I wasn't the only one either. The Cleveland and Lorain paper beat writers have had that story for weeks. That guy is a freaking self-important egomaniac--though his info is almost always golden. Way to be late to the party and take all the credit, Mr. Schefter :roll:

he works for espn they're constantly stealing other peoples scoops just so they can get the headline on their ticker that says they're reporting it. you should know this by now
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Cohiba13
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#76 » by Cohiba13 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Icness wrote:
TO in Cincy today, dining with Marvin Lewis tonight. I hear Antonio Bryant did not endear himself yesterday.

He must have done something right. Oi 28 million dollars.

I have never followed Bryant very closely. What does he bring to the table? Any speed?
Hotstove907
Rookie
And1: 13

Post#77 » by Hotstove907 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:29 pm

We all know Adam Schefter has the hardest working Blackberry in the Business. I'm sure it was "Breaking news" to him weeks ago too but that doesn't mean ESPN wants the story then.

Second Bryant for that price is just crazy. Wasn't someone saying who ever was cheaper between him and TO would sign first? Cinci should have given up their 1st and paid that extra 12millon.
To quote GetSeven
With Jimmy at the 2 spot this lineup (along with depth) has the potential to be the best since the Jordan/Pippen days easy.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#78 » by studcrackers » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:46 am

Cohiba13 wrote:
Icness wrote:

He must have done something right. Oi 28 million dollars.

I have never followed Bryant very closely. What does he bring to the table? Any speed?

not much speed, very good possession receiver when his heads on right, been a problem everywhere he's gone. also once threw a towel into bill parcells face, but i aplaud him for that
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#79 » by kdawg32086 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:55 pm

Just got an email from ravens.com saying that we agreed to a new contract with Derrick Mason. How freaky is a receiving core of Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason, and Donte Stallworth?
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,775

Post#80 » by Rafael122 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:00 pm

One is 36 and has been thinking retirement the last 2 years. One came back from jail and the other is injury prone. ON PAPER, it looks good.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.

Return to The General NFL Board