NFL Wheelings and Dealings

Moderator: bwgood77

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,530

Re: NFL Wheelings and Dealings 

Post#81 » by Worm Guts » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Anquan Boldin and Derrick Mason looks good. I don't know who Donte Stallworth is supposed to impress.
NoSkyy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#82 » by NoSkyy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:39 pm

Worm Guts wrote: don't know who Donte Stallworth is supposed to impress.

Plaxico "If he can do it so can I" Buress?
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#83 » by Liqourish » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Brady Quinn to the Broncos for Hillis and 2 late round future picks.

Shaun Hill to the Lions for their 2011 7th round pick.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#84 » by Liqourish » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:28 pm

LT to the JETS... Vikings might regret letting Chester Taylor go so easily.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,030

Post#85 » by HMFFL » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:54 pm

The Raiders acquired Kamerion Wimbley from the Browns in exchange for undisclosed draft compensation. I like this depending on the draft compensation.

Solid trade by Denver and nice job by the Jets for signing LT.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#86 » by Icness » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:47 pm

The reports emanating from Berea are Wimbley for the Raiders top 3rd rounder.

Can you say, "Screw you Phil Savage!"? That's what the Browns did today. More later...
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#87 » by studcrackers » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:06 am

wimbley sure has fallen off since his rookie season, id say not a bad get from cleveland

jeff, do you remember when you once wrote in a column that he was better than the overhyped demarcus ware or something to that effect? b/c i do
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#88 » by Icness » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:11 am

studcrackers wrote:wimbley sure has fallen off since his rookie season, id say not a bad get from cleveland

jeff, do you remember when you once wrote in a column that he was better than the overhyped demarcus ware or something to that effect? b/c i do

After Wimbley's rookie season I wrote such a piece. Crazy now, ain't it :wink:
Ware kept going up and has improved at every facet of his game, Wimbley peaked early. To be fair to Wimbley he was a much better run defender early in their careers, but Ware caught up. Wimbley did play well in spots last year but he wasn't aggressive enough for Rob Ryan.

Two summers ago one Browns coach told me that Joe Thomas was the worst thing that ever happened to Wimbley because he couldn't ever beat Thomas in practice and it ruined Wimbley's confidence. Seeing as how the Raiders don't even have anyone as good as Thomas' backup playing tackle for them, maybe he'll get his mojo back.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#89 » by Ong_dynasty » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:21 am

Eagles have supposedly made an offer to Mike Bell and NO has 7 days to match
The eagles have traded for Darryl Tapp for Chris Clemons and a 4th??..
anybody can give me any info on Tapp??

Also whats happening with Darren Sharper..id like to see him as an Eagle..
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#90 » by Icness » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:18 am

Ong_dynasty wrote:Eagles have supposedly made an offer to Mike Bell and NO has 7 days to match
The eagles have traded for Darryl Tapp for Chris Clemons and a 4th??..
anybody can give me any info on Tapp??

Also whats happening with Darren Sharper..id like to see him as an Eagle..

Tapp is a very speedy, undersized pass rusher. 2nd round pick from VT 3 years ago. He's most notable from college for running down Vernon Davis some 40 yards downfield and he legitimately caught him from behind. He's been good at knifing in gaps but he's a real liability against the run, just cannot anchor at all and gets caught in the wash. He's good at backside contain though and he can play in space pretty well. Playing opposite Cole I bet he bags 7-10 sacks, and he's worth the 4th and a misfit throw-in like Clemons.

Sharper is playing chicken with the Saints. He doesn't want to leave but he wants to get one last big check. He knows they don't really want him to leave either, so it's kind of "who blinks first". Note that the Mike Bell offer sheet impacts how hard the Saints hold the line--if they let Bell go, more $$ for Sharper, but if they match then that's less $$ they're going to have for him. Just guessing but I think they'll let Bell go and take the pick...which is probably not what Philly really wants. Offseason chess matches are so much fun!
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#91 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:46 am

Just curious, If Brodney Pool manages to stay healthy what should the Jets honestly expect from him?
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Munchlaxatives
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#92 » by Munchlaxatives » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:15 am

Icness, what could you possibly see in Carr that makes you think he'll be successful? He has a piss poor work ethic and admitted he never once threw a football before mini-camp while in Houston, never worked a second more than the minimum required, and admitted football wasn't a priority.
I'm sorry I haven't been funny. I am not a comedian. I am Lenny Bruce.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#93 » by studcrackers » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:40 am

icness, you heard anything from the cowboys? are they targeting a safety (perhaps otogwe from the rams?) and if so can you give me a scouting report on him
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#94 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:46 am

I'm sorry but reading that Shaun Hill is a proven winner really made me lol
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#95 » by Ong_dynasty » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 am

If he is quite bad against the run, would it not make more sense to switch Cole and Tapp?

I kinda never understood why Cole Plays RE when he is quite a good run stopper and surely should be able to get more sacks if he is going against RT..can he just not turn right?!?!ala Zoolander?!?!:P
Goon_Slapper
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#96 » by Goon_Slapper » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Icness...what are your thoughts on the Bills FA pickups? I know they weren't flashy signings, but I thought they were solid pick ups for Buddy Nix/Doug Whaley. Picking up Dwan Edwards DE from the Ravens and Andra Davis LB from the Broncos helps the Bills transition into the 3-4 defense nicely. It'll also help them focus on certain needs in the draft (LT, NT, and depth). I'm hoping the Bills build the trenches this draft, and focus on a QB next year, or in FA. I'm not overly impressed with this years QB class...especially with all the holes the Bills need to fill.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 407

Post#97 » by Grang33r » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:02 pm

As a Bills fan, i really like the two moves. Both are considered very good against the run. Edwards is a good age of 28 and Gregg Rosenthal just had him listed as the 9th best free agent available on NBC Sports. Davis is a bit older, but is a good leader type player.

I really think they will go offense in the draft. LT or a surprise, maybe someone like CJ Spiller, who Nix has been high on.

As for QB, if i had to bet $20 on who will be Bills starting QB, i'd bet Daunte Culpepper.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#98 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:14 am

Ong_dynasty wrote:If he is quite bad against the run, would it not make more sense to switch Cole and Tapp?

I kinda never understood why Cole Plays RE when he is quite a good run stopper and surely should be able to get more sacks if he is going against RT..can he just not turn right?!?!ala Zoolander?!?!:P

It's usually usage, most teams want the LE bull rushing or stunting inside to help stymie the run, and you want your RE rushing wide to stretch out the line, so LBs canshoot that gap, or the under tackle can penetrate more cleanly.

I'd prefer Cole rushing wide than power rushing personally.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#99 » by Icness » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Goon_Slapper wrote:Icness...what are your thoughts on the Bills FA pickups? I know they weren't flashy signings, but I thought they were solid pick ups for Buddy Nix/Doug Whaley. Picking up Dwan Edwards DE from the Ravens and Andra Davis LB from the Broncos helps the Bills transition into the 3-4 defense nicely. It'll also help them focus on certain needs in the draft (LT, NT, and depth). I'm hoping the Bills build the trenches this draft, and focus on a QB next year, or in FA. I'm not overly impressed with this years QB class...especially with all the holes the Bills need to fill.

I like Dwan Edwards quite a bit, great move to lock him up. He's one of those solid, unflashy trench workers that every good team seems to have and every bad team lacks. I'm not real high on Davis other than he's decent in coverage and knows the defense. He's always been overrated but he can be a short-term band-aid at a position of need.

I know they were in the market for Brady Quinn and Shaun Hill, so perhaps they'll wind up with a Chad Pennington or Josh Johnson. But something to keep in mind: in KC Chan Gailey had Tyler Thigpen as his QB and had some success with absolute crap at WR and no OL...and Thigpen is pretty readily available from MIA. I don't believe they are going QB with their first pick but I suspect they'll take one later on.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#100 » by Icness » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Just curious, If Brodney Pool manages to stay healthy what should the Jets honestly expect from him?

He's best described as a poor man's Abram Elam. He tends to wind up in the right place at the right time a lot but almost by accident.

Return to The General NFL Board