ImageImageImage

With the roster now set, how many wins the rest of the season?

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

5 or less Wins, finishing with 12 or less wins
22%
7 Wins, finishing with 14 wins (7-25)
33%
9 Wins, finishing with 16 wins (9-23)
22%
11 Wins, finishing with 18 wins (11-21)
19%
13 Wins, finishing with 20 wins (13-19)
4%
15 Wins, finishing with 22 wins (15-17)
No votes
More than 15 Wins finishing with 23+ wins
No votes

Total votes: 27

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#1 » by bstein14 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:57 pm

We've played 50 games already and have 32 games remaining.

I skipped even numbers simply because I didn't want there to be too many options
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,120

Re: With the roster now set, how many wins the rest of the season? 

Post#2 » by tmorgan » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:50 am

I’ll go with 9. 9-23, finishing with 16 wins. We’ll see some good signs along the way.

Bad news is, that will likely push us past Washington and Charlotte. There are some REALLY terrible teams this year, not just us.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,262

Post#3 » by BDM22 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:56 am

tmorgan wrote:I’ll go with 9. 9-23, finishing with 16 wins. We’ll see some good signs along the way.

Bad news is, that will likely push us past Washington and Charlotte. There are some REALLY terrible teams this year, not just us.

I would definitely be fine with pushing at least to 2nd worst. If you have the all-time losing streak but aren't even the worst team in the league that year, it hits different. Being worst didn't bring us much luck last year.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#4 » by chrbal » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:00 am

I voted 7, we will still be bad. But the roster makes more sense now. Losing Killian is addition by subtraction.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,037

Post#5 » by Snakebites » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:14 am

Killian Hayes played in 42 games this year, started in 31 (most of them AT SHOOTING guard, and played half of the minutes in those 42 games.

Going forward he will play zero minutes in zero games. Please factor this into your estimate.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,262

Post#6 » by BDM22 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:16 am

Still so hard to predict with Monty. He could still very easily butcher the rotation and continue to misuse guys, even if Killian isn't available to him anymore. Bojan and Burks being gone could mean that Monty spams the Cade-ball even more than before instead of spreading it around to Ivey, Sasser, Duren, and some of the new guys, etc. Don't think that'll result in a lot of wins.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,296

Post#7 » by GreekAlex » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:23 am

Snakebites wrote:Killian Hayes played in 42 games this year, started in 31 (most of them AT SHOOTING guard, and played half of the minutes in those 42 games.

Going forward he will play zero minutes in zero games. Please factor this into your estimate.

Most of the summer we were running the AC with the doors and windows open.

The windows & doors will now remain closed.

Please factor that in to your electricity estimates.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
crashnburn26
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#8 » by crashnburn26 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:24 am

I think the vibes are good, but with the play in there's a lot less gimme games from tanking teams. I'd say we end the season at 14 wins, just because I don't expect us to improve in the clutch department after shipping out 2 vets and getting younger. We have Monty at the helm, I trust us to maintain our level of all time bad closers haha :nonono:
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,120

Post#9 » by tmorgan » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:26 am

crashnburn26 wrote:I think the vibes are good, but with the play in there's a lot less gimme games from tanking teams. I'd say we end the season at 14 wins, just because I don't expect us to improve in the clutch department after shipping out 2 vets and getting younger. We have Monty at the helm, I trust us to maintain our level of all time bad closers haha :nonono:

Welcome to the board! I imagine it can only get better from here, and shall credit you when it does.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#10 » by bstein14 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:06 am

BDM22 wrote:Still so hard to predict with Monty. He could still very easily butcher the rotation and continue to misuse guys, even if Killian isn't available to him anymore. Bojan and Burks being gone could mean that Monty spams the Cade-ball even more than before instead of spreading it around to Ivey, Sasser, Duren, and some of the new guys, etc. Don't think that'll result in a lot of wins.

So true I feel like Monty spent a good part of this season trying to figure out lineups he might be super confused again with all these new guys.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,759

Post#11 » by dVs33 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:13 am

I'm going with 2 or 3 and that's optimistic.
I haven't checked the numbers but I feel like Burks was a big contributor in each of our wins this year and bojan carried the team a lot too. I don't think we've replaced their production. That's not a knock on the new additions, but it is what it is.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using RealGM mobile app
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,037

Post#12 » by Snakebites » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:21 am

dVs33 wrote:I'm going with 2 or 3 and that's optimistic.
I haven't checked the numbers but I feel like Burks was a big contributor in each of our wins this year and bojan carried the team a lot too. I don't think we've replaced their production. That's not a knock on the new additions, but it is what it is.

Statistically speaking it’s actually Burks to be more concerned about.

Bojan hurt us on defense at least as much as he helped us offensively. And that’s not a knock on him- he is what he is. But we couldn’t hide him.

Burks was really carrying us in 2 of our wins including the most recent one. He was decent overall in 2 others, but at lower volume.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,537

Post#13 » by whitehops » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:27 am

i think our offense is going to be rough, i'm not going to lie. not only were bojan and burks our best shot makers, they were also reliable ball handlers and good decision-makers. we also got rid of morris and as promising as sasser has played, he's still very much learning how to run an offense.

a lot is going to ride on cade and ivey to generate offense and defenses will know that. unless our defense takes a huge leap (not likely) then we're definitely looking at maybe 2-5 wins imo.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 478

Post#14 » by DetroitDon15 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:45 am

whitehops wrote:

i think our offense is going to be rough, i'm not going to lie. not only were bojan and burks our best shot makers, they were also reliable ball handlers and good decision-makers. we also got rid of morris and as promising as sasser has played, he's still very much learning how to run an offense.

a lot is going to ride on cade and ivey to generate offense and defenses will know that. unless our defense takes a huge leap (not likely) then we're definitely looking at maybe 2-5 wins imo.

Spot on. Lost shooting. I don’t see how the team improved. He replace our good players with more players of lesser talent. I’d be shocked if we won 5 games. Every team will rest hurt players verse us going forward.
DetroitDon15
General Manager

Post#15 » by DetroitDon15 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:46 am

More offense run Thompson scares me.
DetroitDon15
General Manager

Post#16 » by DetroitDon15 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:47 am

DetroitDon15 wrote:

More offense run through Thompson scares me.

Return to Detroit Pistons