DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Re: Open Roster Spot 

Post#21 » by DetroitSho » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:25 pm

flow wrote:
chrbal wrote:
flow wrote:
But that's not what's going to happen. He's going to be force-fed significant minutes.

You’re saying that about Evan?

Based on what?

Fontecchio, Milton, and Brown Jr have already played as Pistons. Two of which played significant minutes, while Evan didnt.

I feel like they are keeping Evan because he’s a veteran with good shooting skills. Like a really expensive assistant

Evan didn't play because none of the guys from the Knicks trade played. It was still being finalized.

You still haven't presented a case of why he'd be force fed "significant" minutes. He's literally Joe Harris. Was Joe Harris played significant minutes?

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,261

Post#22 » by BDM22 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:28 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
flow wrote:
chrbal wrote:

You’re saying that about Evan?

Based on what?

Fontecchio, Milton, and Brown Jr have already played as Pistons. Two of which played significant minutes, while Evan didnt.

I feel like they are keeping Evan because he’s a veteran with good shooting skills. Like a really expensive assistant

Evan didn't play because none of the guys from the Knicks trade played. It was still being finalized.

You still haven't presented a case of why he'd be force fed "significant" minutes. He's literally Joe Harris. Was Joe Harris played significant minutes?

It's Monty, so Monty could always Monty. His rationale could be that we don't have a lot of vets anymore, so he wants a "steady hand" out there with the young guys. Some nonsense like that.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#23 » by chrbal » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:05 pm

BDM22 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
flow wrote:

It's Monty, so Monty could always Monty. His rationale could be that we don't have a lot of vets anymore, so he wants a "steady hand" out there with the young guys. Some nonsense like that.

So just because reasons then. I don’t see it, I didn’t know about the ex-Knicks not playing thing, but I just don’t see it happening. Other then occasional games where you load manage.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#24 » by DetroitSho » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:21 pm

chrbal wrote:
BDM22 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:You still haven't presented a case of why he'd be force fed "significant" minutes. He's literally Joe Harris. Was Joe Harris played significant minutes?

So just because reasons then. I don’t see it, I didn’t know about the ex-Knicks not playing thing, but I just don’t see it happening. Other then occasional games where you load manage.
Yeah basically, because.....well, because. Just like Fonntechio wasn't going to see minutes yesterday, due to Monty reasons.

BDM22
RealGM

Post#25 » by BDM22 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:51 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:
BDM22 wrote:It's Monty, so Monty could always Monty. His rationale could be that we don't have a lot of vets anymore, so he wants a "steady hand" out there with the young guys. Some nonsense like that.

Yeah basically, because.....well, because. Just like Fonntechio wasn't going to see minutes yesterday, due to Monty reasons.

Definitely don't agree with whomever said that. Simone was obviously going to play as soon as the trade/physical stuff went through. He was a starter on a far better team than ours this year. Far more questionable if Monty will squeeze Fournier into the rotation (especially a lineup that lacks Bojan and Burks). We see him go 11-12 deep on a nightly basis. It really could go either way.
TPA
Senior
And1: 472

Post#26 » by TPA » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:42 am

BDM22 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:
If we waive Fournier it results in his team option for next season being automatically picked up, so he is here to stay (for this season). I think he's not a bad piece to have sitting on the bench for emergency minutes - kind of like the role McGruder used to play.

I was digging around to try and confirm that but it looks to be false.

That’s only true if it’s a player option.

Since its a team option, it can be declined before he’s waived.

I really wish I could remember which podcast it was I heard that on. I swear it was one of the beat writers that said it.

I read something to the same effect. We can't waive him because the option will trigger.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,437

Post#27 » by Mr Peanut » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:36 am

flow wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:I don’t really have anyone on my radar.

Hopefully they waive Fournier and create another open spot.

If we waive Fournier it results in his team option for next season being automatically picked up, so he is here to stay (for this season). I think he's not a bad piece to have sitting on the bench for emergency minutes - kind of like the role McGruder used to play.

But that's not what's going to happen. He's going to be force-fed significant minutes.

If Monty does that and Weaver disagrees it would be hilarious to see Weaver just waive him (like he did to Killian or trading Livers to prevent Monty playing them).
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,612

Post#28 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:40 am

Any word when Grimes will suit up?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BDM22
RealGM

Post#29 » by BDM22 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:33 pm

BDM22 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:

Definitely don't agree with whomever said that. Simone was obviously going to play as soon as the trade/physical stuff went through. He was a starter on a far better team than ours this year. Far more questionable if Monty will squeeze Fournier into the rotation (especially a lineup that lacks Bojan and Burks). We see him go 11-12 deep on a nightly basis. It really could go either way.

#MontyReasons

Return to Detroit Pistons