ImageImageImage

Miles Bridges (poll)

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

How would you feel if we sign Miles Bridges this offseason?

Love it!
18%
Hate it!
66%
Impartial, so-so
16%

Total votes: 50

GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,296

Re: Miles Bridges (poll) 

Post#61 » by GreekAlex » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:04 am

DetroitSho wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:I’ll be so happy when this debate is over. It really takes a bit of the fun out of the basketball discussion to beat a dead horse with this topic.

The most profound thing BuzzKilloton said was:

The NBA and court of law have given Miles a pass after he served his suspension. His wife has given him a pass. For whatever reason some internet posters cant get over it.

There’s nothing like holding a grudge in a matter that doesn’t truly concern you.

The actual parties involved have moved on.

How can you be more emotionally invested at this point than the people involved?

This new generation of throwing stones in a moral glass house has become increasingly more insane.
Great post. I'm not a Miles guy, just from a basketball standpoint, I don't want the guy. But I'm old enough to remember just a year ago Brandon Miller was villianized on this board. The old stupid "character concerns" group think started to take over when people behind their keyboards didn't truly know the details of his issue.

I'm not excusing Bridges of anything. But I'm honest enough to say I don't really care. ESPECIALLY if the parties involved have actually moved on themselves. Like, who tf are you to continue to hold on to these things? I just wish the moral police would get off their high horse and admit that they don't care either. Newsflash, YOU ROOT FOR SEVERAL SCUMBAGS, just by the sheer numbers.

Not sure how many crossover Tigers fans are here but uhhhh, Miguel Cabrera anybody? If you haven't been calling him "the wife beater" the last 15 years please stfu and get off your high horse.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, I miss arguing the “Brandon Miller debate” with Manocad (RIP).

I’m actually watching the Hornets & Hawks game as we speak wishing we could have had Miller.

It was him, Wemby or Cam Whitmore for me pre draft.

Ausar grew on me during summer league but I still have visions of Miller on this squad.

I’d gladly send Cade for him right now.
GreekAlex
Veteran

Post#62 » by GreekAlex » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:18 am

vege wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:I’ll be so happy when this debate is over. It really takes a bit of the fun out of the basketball discussion to beat a dead horse with this topic.

The NBA and court of law have given Miles a pass after he served his suspension. His wife has given him a pass. For whatever reason some internet posters cant get over it.

There’s nothing like holding a grudge in a matter that doesn’t truly concern you. :lol:

How can you be more emotionally invested at this point than the people involved?

This new generation of throwing stones in a moral glass house has become increasingly more insane.

My standards are clearly different than yours. What he did is unnaceptable. He is not the kind of person I want around a young group for sure. But I understant that's a real possibility, and I will not stop cherring for the team if it happens, It will only add to my frustration with how things have been built since Gores bought the team.

As I’ve stated before, I’m not even a Bridges fan.

I don’t have a problem with people not liking him or not wanting him on the team.

I find it laughable how passionate people are about it.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,324

Post#63 » by vege » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:20 am

GreekAlex wrote:
vege wrote:

There’s nothing like holding a grudge in a matter that doesn’t truly concern you. :lol:

My standards are clearly different than yours. What he did is unnaceptable. He is not the kind of person I want around a young group for sure. But I understant that's a real possibility, and I will not stop cherring for the team if it happens, It will only add to my frustration with how things have been built since Gores bought the team.

I don’t have a problem with people not liking him or not wanting him on the team.

I have a problem with what he did. Period. and he did it. If you are ok with what he did, for A or B reason, we have different standards.
GreekAlex
Veteran

Post#64 » by GreekAlex » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:25 am

vege wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
vege wrote:

I have a problem with what he did. Period. and he did it. If you are ok with what he did, for A or B reason, we have different standards.

I’m not sure if you’re just passionate about debating but we’re talking about 2 different things.

Can you cite anywhere that I’m ok with his actions?

I’m just laughing at everyone that is fired up like he beat their mom last night.

I feel like a few members of this board are victims of domestic violence and need to see Draymonds therapist.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#65 » by DetroitSho » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:10 am

GreekAlex wrote:
vege wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

I’m not sure if you’re just passionate about debating but we’re talking about 2 different things.

Can you cite anywhere that I’m ok with his actions?

I’m just laughing at everyone that is fired up like he beat their mom last night.

I feel like a few members of this board are victims of domestic violence and need to see Draymonds therapist.
You're not slobbering at the mouth raging about it so clearly you're ok with what he did. Because, well, it's the same thing.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 184

Post#66 » by Rip32 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:28 pm

Sign him asap! No one is exempt from issues. Hell, we have a cocaine sniffing owner of the team. The key is has he learn from his mistake. I'm sure at one point some of you wanted to slap your girlfriend, wife, boyfriend or partner lol

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,374

Post#67 » by Kalamazoo317 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:07 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:Their will be some hot discussion about it during the offseason. A few fans will say things like "Thats it I'm done with the team if they take Bridges" etc. Thing is everyone posting regularly here is in way to deep with the Pistons to just quit over one move they disagree with.

I pay for League Pass just to watch this dog crap team that hasn't been particularly fun or exciting this season. It wouldn't take much motivation for me not to renew at this point. I'd be just fine putting my money towards watching the Lions instead.

Return to Detroit Pistons