ImageImageImage

Game 55: Pistons @ Pacers 7PM EST

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

smann7
Sophomore
And1: 156

Re: Game 55: Pistons @ Pacers 7PM EST 

Post#61 » by smann7 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:26 am

LaSheed wrote:Why was Sasser not playing down the stretch. I seen him take a 3 then Flynn was playing? Injury?

I think he was hobbled a bit after a little scrum for the ball.
Absolutia
Junior
And1: 152

Post#62 » by Absolutia » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:28 am

bstein14 wrote:
Absolutia wrote:Much as I love the potential of Ausar, it should be obvious by now that he is not viable as a three-point shooter, or as a dribble-penetrator.

He had done ok dribbling in and taking off balance jumpers in the lane. But he for sure needs to get in that gym and work on those corner threes... doesn't need to practice any other threes this season just get up to 33% on corner threes so he can space the floor a bit and keep the defense at least somewhat honest.
He can certainly dribble the ball well enough to execute set-pieces; to get to a place that he's predetermined, but all too often he seems to be trying to perform the freestyle dribble of a guard where he needs to be able to adjust on the fly.

If he could get that sort of percentage from the corner, it would be a huge benefit.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,090

Post#63 » by joedumars1 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:30 am

If we can get this cade for the rest of the year at least we should see how these guys mesh? Lmfao, idk if that’s even good. They might be 2-3 players away from being good, idk, this season just been terrible
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,754

Post#64 » by Cowology » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:49 am

You can't give up 42 in the 1st and hope to be competitive against a team like Indy. Their offense is so prolific that it's almost impossible to catch them from behind. Not from any sort of real distance, because they are just going to keep scoring. You gotta keep it under 30 or *maybe* even 35, OR you better be on pace for 130+ yourself.

Ah well. Not like it actually matters. *shrug*
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,986

Post#65 » by zeebneeb » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:06 am

Cowology wrote:You can't give up 42 in the 1st and hope to be competitive against a team like Indy. Their offense is so prolific that it's almost impossible to catch them from behind. Not from any sort of real distance, because they are just going to keep scoring. You gotta keep it under 30 or *maybe* even 35, OR you better be on pace for 130+ yourself.

Unfortunately, nothing around here has meant anything for a long damn time.

Maybe next year things will be different.

*shrug*
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#66 » by Cowology » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:54 am

zeebneeb wrote:
Cowology wrote:You can't give up 42 in the 1st and hope to be competitive against a team like Indy. Their offense is so prolific that it's almost impossible to catch them from behind. Not from any sort of real distance, because they are just going to keep scoring. You gotta keep it under 30 or *maybe* even 35, OR you better be on pace for 130+ yourself.

*shrug*
See, apathy is waaaaay better than anger. You can even sorta laugh about it. :lol:
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,549

Post#67 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:29 am

A few thoughts on the game:

1. Cade found some sun during the ASB and came back with a tan. Respect

2. Halliburton is corny

3. Mathurin is a clown

4. The pacers are pretenders. They are a gimmick. Right now it’s all fun as underdogs but they act like they have a Warriors trajectory. If they get an ounce of success they’ll be insurfferable. They already are.

5. Why even play Ivey with the starters if he’ll only touch the ball 1 out of every 5 possessions. Monty’s lineups were horrible. He should’ve brought Ivey in sooner in the 4th.
Neptune
Veteran
And1: 1,279

Post#68 » by Neptune » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:34 am

Milton and Flynn taking minutes away from Cade/Ivey/Sasser is a criminal offense. Thought we were done experimenting. Nothing else needs to be said.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,986

Post#69 » by zeebneeb » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:36 am

Cowology wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:

*shrug*
See, apathy is waaaaay better than anger. You can even sorta laugh about it. :lol:
What helps as well, is for the past 3 years, I have really delved into the league on whole. Watch an insane amount of games, not named Pistons.

It's really helped, as you can see how other teams operate, and how they gather talent, and coach. Weaver is a bad, but there are worse GM's. Monty though, damn. He is horrendous this year.

In the end, I love watching the Mavs, and Luka. Tonight was a good one!

Mavs
Knicks
Bucks
Sixers
Orlando
Boston
OKC

I'll watch every game, every night, from these teams.

:lol: I'm kinda basketballed out. This team is the definition of depression, and this board has become the embodiment of Theoden. Hard pass.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#70 » by Cowology » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:02 am

zeebneeb wrote:
Cowology wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Unfortunately, nothing around here has meant anything for a long damn time.

*shrug*
What helps as well, is for the past 3 years, I have really delved into the league on whole. Watch an insane amount of games, not named Pistons.

It's really helped, as you can see how other teams operate, and how they gather talent, and coach. Weaver is a bad, but there are worse GM's. Monty though, damn. He is horrendous this year.

In the end, I love watching the Mavs, and Luka. Tonight was a good one!

Mavs
Knicks
Bucks
Sixers
Orlando
Boston
OKC

I'll watch every game, every night, from these teams.

:lol: I'm kinda basketballed out. This team is the definition of depression, and this board has become the embodiment of Theoden. Hard pass.
I said it before; the league is great shape. There is a ton of good bball being played. For decades the Spurs were my 2nd fav organization, but in recent years I've become more of a Heat fan. Butler is is definitely my fav non-Piston. As much as I dislike Riley, gotta respect Heat culture. Although this year I think OKC might by my fav team. Sorta living vicariously through them.

It's just being a Piston fan is hard right now. *shrug* Wutcha gonna do? :dontknow:
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#71 » by Piston Pete » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:26 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=FKtR2fxMNJOdyh99SM8kYg[/x]
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#72 » by hoophabit » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:49 pm

I've attended more cheerful funerals. Mystery Monty is a puzzle. Cunningham had one of his pretty good games. I thought Sasser looked gimpy. To cement my insanity, I think Wiseman has shown some growth in his game. Hang in there...
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 336

Post#73 » by Drwho17 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:09 pm

Patrick27 wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:Isaiah Stewart C Feb 22 Out Feb 21: Stewart (ankle) is listed as questionable for Thursday's game versus the Pacers.
Quentin Grimes SG Feb 22 Out Feb 21: Grimes (knee) is doubtful to play Thursday against the Pacers.
Cade Cunningham PG Feb 22 Day-To-Day Feb 21: Cunningham is listed as probable due to left knee injury management.

Cade just had a full all-star break off and he's still listed as day-to-day due to "left knee injury management" means he's probably going to miss a decent chunk of time the rest of the way. It wasn't just some minor lingering thing that needed a bit of time to get back to normal its something worse than that if he's still missing games after a long break like that.

He should be sitting if he isn’t 100% imo

If Cade doesn't suit up for the rest of the year, how do we know if we give him the max this summer?

Cade should want to be out there to improve his resume. Right now it doesn't scream max guy. It screams fragile player that doesn't make his team win games.

He's getting a max contract offer from Detroit, probably whether he plays or not.
bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 394

Post#74 » by bjones521 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:02 am

Neptune wrote:Milton and Flynn taking minutes away from Cade/Ivey/Sasser is a criminal offense. Thought we were done experimenting. Nothing else needs to be said.

My main problem with Monty was that he didnt go back to ivey at the end of the game. Cade's not Lebron or Luka! The end of the game he needed help
bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 394

Post#75 » by bjones521 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:44 am

Ivey only playing 24 min is crazy smh

Return to Detroit Pistons