ImageImageImage

Pistons rebuild farther away than what people think?

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,969

Re: Pistons rebuild farther away than what people think? 

Post#81 » by MotownMadness » Fri May 10, 2024 3:21 pm

We need to fire Weaver before the draft lol
Sort
Rookie
And1: 448

Post#82 » by Sort » Fri May 10, 2024 8:10 pm

The Suns played a whole round of playoff basketball, got eliminated, fired their coach, and hired a new one.

Pistons season effectively ended months ago. Outside of hiring an agency to help them find a president, have they done anything? They've barely created a Hoopshype rumor.

It just makes me think we're in for another full rebuild when the dust does settle.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,262

Post#83 » by BDM22 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:19 pm

Sort wrote:The Suns played a whole round of playoff basketball, got eliminated, fired their coach, and hired a new one.

Pistons season effectively ended months ago. Outside of hiring an agency to help them find a president, have they done anything? They've barely created a Hoopshype rumor.

It just makes me think we're in for another full rebuild when the dust does settle.

I don't think so but I do think it makes it seem like we'll keep Monty. Everyone else is hiring their coaches already.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 755

Post#84 » by A_dub06 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:19 am

Sort wrote:The Suns played a whole round of playoff basketball, got eliminated, fired their coach, and hired a new one.

Makes me think the complete opposite, waiting until the end when every team has made their hires is bad and means we are scraping the barrel. Really hoping my pipe dream of the nuggets coming back and winning against the wolves in 6, then they want to move off of Kat or Reid comes true
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,373

Post#85 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:20 pm

Good chance some of the coaches still in the playoffs get fired before it's all said and done. And plenty of solid coaching candidates out there still. Not worried about being able to find someone decent if we move on from Monty (hoping we do). We went with the "name" last time and it didn't get us anywhere.

Return to Detroit Pistons