ImageImageImage

New head of BBO.... who do you want?

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Rip32
Rookie
And1: 186

Re: New head of BBO.... who do you want? 

Post#61 » by Rip32 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:03 pm

I want Casey, Tellam, Weaver and Stephanski fired...All these guys have been loser with no plan to succeed. They are stealing money from Gores due to his cocaine habit...

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,729

Post#62 » by Invictus88 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:48 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
Cowology wrote:
Drwho17 wrote:The issues that were within his control he handled poorly, offensive/defensive schemes/rotations/lineups and player development. To me he hurt Ivey's development and Duren regressed defensively, Ausar probably shouldn't have been tossed under so quickly either. Insisting on Stewart being a starter w/Duren and Ausar seems like something a good coach would see quickly as problematic. I think there is a reason Booker didn't fight for him in Phoenix.
I agree 100% that is how it looks. I see the same things as everybody else. I'm just a little more hesitant to jump to conclusions when it comes to player development. It can look like a player is regressing and/or struggling when they are re-learning fundamentals or trying to develop new habits. It's a LOT of young guys, a roster that changed daily and a poorly constructed roster to boot.

He may absolutely be a terrible development coach on top of everything else, but that is the part I really am waiting on. I wanna see a healthy team go through training camp together (knock on wood) and see what sort of progress we are making in year 2. It could absolutely be that everybody else is right and Monty sucks. But I'm going to take my time getting there. I'm old. I move slow.
More power to you man. I would love to be wrong about Monty being nothing but a fraud, and liar.

Otherwise, back to the coaching carousel, yet again.

Question. How many game are you giving Monty(let's say you could fire him)before you see it as an utter failure?

I would give him 20 games. If the team is 2-18 again, yeah, he's gone. Minimum, for me, is 8-12.

My biggest concern is the message it sends to Cade (If he doesn't like Monty). Despite what maybe some others think I really do think he's the real deal. It's amazing he's done as well as he has given the swamp of ineptitude he's had to deal with in terms of roster construction.

If I'm Cade and I don't see real change / feel like the team is moving in a good direction then I'm gone as soon as I can be.

Do you really want to make the team go through the stuff you are talking about 20 games into a season after everything that has been going on already?
MortSahlfan
Sixth Man
And1: 498

Post#63 » by MortSahlfan » Tue May 14, 2024 10:08 pm

I think Cade is the real deal, and if he had great players around him, he would really shine. He's a team-first guy, but just imagine how much efficient his scoring would be if he wasn't double and tripled team. I also think the losing kills the spirit, and I saw it on a lot of players' body language.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,356

Post#64 » by BDM22 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:30 pm

Rip32 wrote:I want Casey, Tellam, Weaver and Stephanski fired...All these guys have been loser with no plan to succeed. They are stealing money from Gores due to his cocaine habit...

You're missing one very important name... Not quite front office, but important nonetheless.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,523

Post#65 » by Canadafan » Tue May 14, 2024 11:13 pm

Rip32 wrote:I want Casey, Tellam, Weaver and Stephanski fired...All these guys have been loser with no plan to succeed. They are stealing money from Gores due to his cocaine habit...

Aw, let Casey stay. Such a nice guy lol. Definitely Weaver and Monty can go though
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,074

Post#66 » by Snakebites » Tue May 14, 2024 11:44 pm

Stefanski by all accounts isn't really involved in things anymore. I doubt Casey has much more than a symbolic role either.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 11,014

Post#67 » by zeebneeb » Wed May 15, 2024 1:51 am

Invictus88 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Cowology wrote:I agree 100% that is how it looks. I see the same things as everybody else. I'm just a little more hesitant to jump to conclusions when it comes to player development. It can look like a player is regressing and/or struggling when they are re-learning fundamentals or trying to develop new habits. It's a LOT of young guys, a roster that changed daily and a poorly constructed roster to boot.

He may absolutely be a terrible development coach on top of everything else, but that is the part I really am waiting on. I wanna see a healthy team go through training camp together (knock on wood) and see what sort of progress we are making in year 2. It could absolutely be that everybody else is right and Monty sucks. But I'm going to take my time getting there. I'm old. I move slow.
More power to you man. I would love to be wrong about Monty being nothing but a fraud, and liar.

Otherwise, back to the coaching carousel, yet again.

Question. How many game are you giving Monty(let's say you could fire him)before you see it as an utter failure?

I would give him 20 games. If the team is 2-18 again, yeah, he's gone. Minimum, for me, is 8-12.

My biggest concern is the message it sends to Cade (If he doesn't like Monty). Despite what maybe some others think I really do think he's the real deal. It's amazing he's done as well as he has given the swamp of ineptitude he's had to deal with in terms of roster construction.

If I'm Cade and I don't see real change / feel like the team is moving in a good direction then I'm gone as soon as I can be.

Do you really want to make the team go through the stuff you are talking about 20 games into a season after everything that has been going on already?
This is why I'm hoping it's Conelly for POBO. His work over the past two teams cannot be questioned.

If he comes in and fires both, sounds good. If he keeps both, I'll assume he's got a plan.

If it's someone other then Conelly, I believe the clock on Cade has begun, and that will be disastrous, as I firmly believe he is going to be a top 10 guy, and all-nba selection with a proper team around him.
MortSahlfan
Sixth Man
And1: 498

Post#68 » by MortSahlfan » Wed May 15, 2024 8:39 pm

Connelly is the guy I want. And it's said he could be had for 15 million/yr. He's paying Monty almost that much, but Tim has put a great team. And they're young. Weaver talks about "If you can't play defense, you won't be here" but Tim has proven actions. I just wonder if Minny losing 3 in a row took a tiny bit of interest (and millions) off his price. And we know he wouldn't be coming here unless he made the calls, instead of Troy, Arn, his son, and who know who else. Too many cooks in the kitchen leaves no clear vision. I think you let a coach coach (didn't like the front office forcing Monty to start Ivey - he's better off the bench), but also feel if you hire a GM, there's back and forth, but the final decisions should be his. That's what Stefanski was for - an adviser. We saw the great things Presti did (and they still have 25 1st rounders, right?) so they can improve their team and win now; anything less would be very stupid. Strike when the iron is hot. And the hottest GM now is Tim. Get him Tom Gores, and it could correct past mistakes and make him more money in the long run and score you some great ****!
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,523

Post#69 » by Canadafan » Fri May 17, 2024 4:13 am

Read on Twitter
?t=ycLN5rOxN0mK2n8wz5-9xg&s=19

Interesting. We have interest in JJ as our coach I guess
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#70 » by Snakebites » Fri May 17, 2024 5:00 am

The Timberwolves just beat the Nuggets by 45.

The Nuggets totally could bounce back from that, but man. That's rough. They scored 70 points. SEVENTY.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,969

Post#71 » by MotownMadness » Fri May 17, 2024 1:25 pm

Canadafan wrote:
Read on Twitter

That would be awesome and feel like modern times
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,356

Post#72 » by BDM22 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:34 pm

I want a first time coach. Someone with something to prove. So I'd be fine with JJ.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#73 » by Snakebites » Fri May 17, 2024 6:21 pm

Honestly, as far as POBO I'd probably just make a run at Langdon now. He seems pretty capable and is on his way up, plus we can try to get him now.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#74 » by Snakebites » Fri May 17, 2024 6:36 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Canadafan wrote:
Read on Twitter

That would be awesome and feel like modern times

JJ will be the Laker coach- I'd be pretty surprised if that doesn't happen.

If we truly are looking at new coaches that would certainly be a big deal though, and a positive one. I'm not sure of the reliability of this source though, and also not sure they're even talking about coaching with respect to the Pistons there. JJ has already been possibly linked to an FO position with us, so that could be a reference to that.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 11,014

Post#75 » by zeebneeb » Fri May 17, 2024 8:25 pm

If that report is true (about jj) then that means somebody in the front office does not want to keep Monty.

Thats good news.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,178

Post#76 » by bstein14 » Fri May 17, 2024 9:10 pm

zeebneeb wrote:If that report is true (about jj) then that means somebody in the front office does not want to keep Monty.

Thats good news.

It's possible we're hiring Rich Paul to run everything at $20 million per year over five years, giving JJ a massive coaching contract, taking Bronny at #5 in this draft and signing his dad to a 2 year $40 million contract as a FA with a promise to sell him 51% of the team in 3 years at current market value instead of the inflated value it will be 3 years from now.

C: Duren / Stew
F: LeBron / Ausar
F: Bridges / Font
G: KCP / Bronny
G: Cade / Chris Paul
Coach: JJ
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#77 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri May 17, 2024 9:17 pm

Gees, not sure which would have me spending my limited hobby money on something other than League Pass faster ... signing Miles Bridges or drafting Bronny at #5 ....
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#78 » by Snakebites » Sun May 19, 2024 1:28 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/top-candidates-emerge-for-detroit-pistons-president-of-basketball-operations-role-234201256.html

Looks like we've interviewed Langdon, Perry, Lindsey, and John Hammond and all of them are "frontrunners" to possibly meet with the owner.

John Hammond is an unexpected addition to the list. Just no Perry please.

My personal choice is still Langdon TBH.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,900

Post#79 » by WuTang_OG » Sun May 19, 2024 1:58 am

langdon has arn tellem connection it will be him
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#80 » by GreekAlex » Sun May 19, 2024 2:09 am

Snakebites wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/top-candidates-emerge-for-detroit-pistons-president-of-basketball-operations-role-234201256.html

Looks like we've interviewed Langdon, Perry, Lindsey, and John Hammond and all of them are "frontrunners" to possibly meet with the owner.

John Hammond is an unexpected addition to the list. Just no Perry please.

My personal choice is still Langdon TBH.

What is Langdon’s calling card as an executive? Was he part of the Herb Jones & Trey Murphy picks? Is his contract with New Orleans up?

I’ve always liked Hammond and the way he carries himself during interviews. I’m hoping for him.

Return to Detroit Pistons