ImageImageImage

WTF happened to the "6th player"

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

#1stunna
Junior
And1: 1

WTF happened to the "6th player" 

Post#1 » by #1stunna » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:58 am

Long time watcher to this board &... I have to admit its one of the more respectable out there. Sadly my 1st post is out of a lil anger, a case of brew, & sadness coming from fans of my home state.

From 02-05 our crowd was 1 of the best, if not the best. Don't get me wrong I understand past success & expectations are still high for this team, but DAMN, tonight was pathetic. I could hear the cotton candy guy through the bos feed (in the the 4th) for christ sakes.

You listen to the 1st game at boston & it was out of its mind, like it was the 7th game of the finals. You listen to our "corporate" crowd & they act like it was a preseason game. In the final 5 min I was disgusted. & people wonder why our players slack at home

Theres really no point to this thread except what the hell are the options come playoff time? You cant piss of the greedmaster davidson & JoeD himself should know better than most how important & influential a crowd is. The crowd we have the last 2 post seasons & this year is really it?

There has to be some genius ideas to allow real pistons fans to games without pissing the billionaire off too bad. Any suggestions?
HeroicKennedy
General Manager
And1: 134

Post#2 » by HeroicKennedy » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:04 am

The Pistons have had so much success in the past 5-6 years in the regular season that fans realize these games aren't that important.

However, it's absolutely nuts during the playoffs.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,205

Post#3 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:22 am

Does Meijer still do their free tickets promo? That's the only way my wife and I got to go to a game. Parking prices were insane, though.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
Phobo_Phile
Sixth Man
And1: 357

Post#4 » by Phobo_Phile » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:14 pm

Yeah, I see commercials for it all the time. What kind of seats do you get with them though?

They had Tom whatshisface on the day talking about how Detroit hasn't increased their ticket prices at all this year and they starting more discount programs because Michigan is in such bad shape economically right now.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,205

Post#5 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:35 am

Phobo_Phile wrote:Yeah, I see commercials for it all the time. What kind of seats do you get with them though?

Bring tissues if you're prone to nosebleeds.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!

Return to Detroit Pistons