ImageImageImage

Game 43: Pistons @ 76ers // Wed. 7pm on FSN Detroit

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#121 » by hoophabit » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:04 pm

I imagine Flip and Joe talk pretty regularly. I'm inclined to take Flip at his word on this. I mean, basically, he's saying Amir has progressed to the point where he can help in the rotation. I'm sure Joe considers that good news. Let's hope it holds up.
Low-Ki
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#122 » by Low-Ki » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:31 am

Amir should get a steady diet of at least ten minutes a game from here on out - no matter the score. Ideally Sheed gets his 30, you cut Dice and Maxey down to 25 minutes each, that would leave 16 minutes for the fourth bigman if Amir could handle it.

This bumps Brezec back to depth center, a spot I can accept the spaz in. He's a good cheerleader and really wants to fit in and be here. Herrmann could could be a match-up sub - used against specific opponents or mismatches.

We will have some tough decisions to make come the play-off roster though, assuming we don't make any 2-for-1 type trades. I think Murray will be traded or cut after the trade deadline unless he completely understands and accepts his emergency active role. However Hunter will be on the play-off roster, so that means two of Afflalo, Brezec or Herrmann will be deactivated most of the time as well. We'll need a fifth big active, so it's really just between Brezec and Herrman with Lalo in a suit.
Rip Hamilton is a stain on the Pistons franchise.
nasty daddy
RealGM
And1: 6

Post#123 » by nasty daddy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:20 am

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#124 » by nasty daddy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:28 am

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/ ... 4240.shtml

But for Stuckey and Amir Johnson - two of the youngest, least experienced Pistons - it was at least meaningful minutes on an otherwise mundane night.

But more important was the energy Stuckey and especially Johnson provided to a team dragging from its eighth road game in 15 days.

Rookie Arron Afflalo scored all six of his points on three layups in a two-minute span late in the second quarter. Stuckey did not score in 12 minutes, but threaded a one-handed pass to Antonio McDyess for an open jump shot as part of the half-closing run. And Johnson grabbed an offensive rebound on Tayshaun Prince's missed free throw with 22 seconds left in the first half to set up a Hamilton floater at the buzzer.

Low-Ki
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#125 » by Low-Ki » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:31 am

We'll also know for certain in a months time if Amir can help us this season or we need to get another big by the trade deadline. I think Kurt Thomas could be readily had for expirings and a first and that Seattle is in no hurry to trade him right now.
Rip Hamilton is a stain on the Pistons franchise.
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#126 » by nasty daddy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:32 am

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basket ... Type=recap

''They definitely need some help,'' Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace said. ''I guess it's all on management now and what they're going to do.''

The Pistons were outrebounded 47-33 and went only 6-for-21 from the floor in the fourth, allowing the Sixers a bit of hope they could hang with one of the elite teams in the East.

''They were in the game, they were definitely in the game,'' Billups said. ''Most times, we're going to execute and do what's right down the stretch. Whether we make the shots or not, we're going to execute. We did that.''

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#127 » by nasty daddy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:45 am

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/ ... 5233.shtml

Johnson didn't play against Orlando Monday but received 15 minutes of action in Philadelphia Wednesday. He was on the floor late in the second quarter when the Pistons turned a four-point deficit into a ninepoint halftime lead.

With Johnson contributing five points, five rebounds and two blocks, the Pistons held the lead throughout the second half to beat the Sixers, 86-78, and snap a three-game losing streak. "I can't stress this enough, you've just got to stay in the gym and work hard and your opportunity will come," Johnson said. "A lot of guys don't do that. They just get down on themselves, but I kept a positive attitude. That's all you've got to do, keep a positive attitude and you'll be fine."

If Johnson produces regularly, Chris Webber can forget about resigning with the club. Webber wants to play here, but there's no roster spot open for him and the Pistons are skeptical he would be happy playing limited minutes.

Return to Detroit Pistons