Bench Warmer
And1: 496

Re: Game 62 - Pistons vs. Nets - 7pm ET 

Post#101 » by MortSahlfan » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:09 pm

Canadafan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=7ZIdm8cqbO9f0WxqPbcO8g&s=19

Interesting....

It's time to get rid of Ivey and Monty and any other crazies. What the **** is this? All **** year have to hear about their lord and savior. You put a **** ball in a hole, and not very well.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,537

Post#102 » by whitehops » Fri Mar 8, 2024 1:50 pm

one way to improve the all-bench lineups is to play them as little as possible... cade 38 minutes, ivey 39 and ausar 43.

20 games left.
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,274

Post#103 » by NYPiston » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:09 pm

Slowly but surely Ausar is bringing up that 3 point percentage. It could be a blip but it's worth nothing because he does everything else really well. Give that guy even a decent 3 point shot and he could be an All Star level player in 2-3 years.
He's the player I'm most bullish on even moreso than Cade in a lot of ways, max effort all the time and a special Basketball IQ to go along with the special athletic gifts.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#104 » by MortSahlfan » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:50 pm

I did want to see Taj Gibson play. Even for a few minutes just to see how he plays with our other guys.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,262

Post#105 » by BDM22 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:01 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:
Canadafan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting....

It's time to get rid of Ivey and Monty and any other crazies. What the **** is this? All **** year have to hear about their lord and savior. You put a **** ball in a hole, and not very well.

I mean, im not religious at all, but does this apply to Cade too, who says maybe slightly toned down versions of the same stuff? Including in his postgame interview after THIS game? Who really cares?! How does this impact you?
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,986

Post#106 » by zeebneeb » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:52 pm

Canadafan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting....
Absolute respect to Ivey.

Good man.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,746

Post#107 » by Cowology » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:55 pm

Canadafan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting....
I'm out. That's a deal breaker for me right there. I am off the Ivey train. Ship this kid 1st chance you get. This is your early warning sign. **** going to start getting crazier from here.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,090

Post#108 » by joedumars1 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:03 pm

NYPiston wrote:Slowly but surely Ausar is bringing up that 3 point percentage. It could be a blip but it's worth nothing because he doesn't everything else really well. Give that guy even a decent 3 point shot and he could be an All Star level player in 2-3 years.
He's the player I'm most bullish on even moreso than Cade in a lot of ways, max effort all the time and a special Basketball IQ to go along with the special athletic gifts.

That’s why I want sarr cause we have ausar and cade. If sarr develops how he could with them two watch out. Duren could get a big piece back if we moved him I’d think also. Duren/ivey and a first in a trade. That sounds like a star back. Just a thought, would want to see how sarr does in nba before moving anyone probbaly
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 755

Post#109 » by A_dub06 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:46 pm

joedumars1 wrote:
NYPiston wrote:Slowly but surely Ausar is bringing up that 3 point percentage. It could be a blip but it's worth nothing because he doesn't everything else really well. Give that guy even a decent 3 point shot and he could be an All Star level player in 2-3 years.

That’s why I want sarr cause we have ausar and cade. If sarr develops how he could with them two watch out. Duren could get a big piece back if we moved him I’d think also. Duren/ivey and a first in a trade. That sounds like a star back. Just a thought, would want to see how sarr does in nba before moving anyone probbaly

Trade Duren to NOR for Trey Murphy, or a 3 team deal with the 3rd team getting Duren, assets from said team to NOR and we get Murphy. We need defence and 3’s which Murphy brings. And Sarr has a really high ceiling, not to mention he’s taller/longer and I would say faster than Duren too. Obviously not the strength but hey Duren doesn’t exactly use his defensively anyway. Would give us the “potential” to have shooting at 4 positions minimum.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 755

Post#110 » by A_dub06 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:54 pm

FYI, the Perth Wildcats just played their 1st game in the 1st round of the playoffs, Sarr in 13mins:

9 points (3/4 fg) (3/4 ft) (0/1 3p)
2 rebounds
3 blocks
And for what it’s worth 2 fouls.

The wildcats are a strong team finishing 2nd on the ladder and don’t trust any player that’s not a vet to play big mins in finals games which is why he didn’t play much. He really has shown a great potential here though, and those skills will definitely translate to the NBA.
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 336

Post#111 » by Drwho17 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:00 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:Wiseman is loved by his teammates

I think that may be the reason he's still on the team, survived the purge.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#112 » by flow » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:01 pm

BDM22 wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:
Canadafan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting....

I mean, im not religious at all, but does this apply to Cade too, who says maybe slightly toned down versions of the same stuff? Including in his postgame interview after THIS game? Who really cares?! How does this impact you?

Taking time to praise jesus (or whomever) for yourself is fine. Taking time to lecture everyone else about the need for them to become religious is not fine.

MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#113 » by MortSahlfan » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:33 pm

flow wrote:
BDM22 wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:

Taking time to praise jesus (or whomever) for yourself is fine. Taking time to lecture everyone else about the need for them to become religious is not fine.

Yeah, a press conference telling everyone a dead man is coming back after a basketball game is so fitting.
"It's time for us all to "wake up" if we haven't "put our faith in Jesus Christ"."

and the quickly "Smooth" Johnny immediately posts so Mark Champion can reply with "This is the most important thing I’ve heard. Never be shy about sharing the good news about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Jaden Ivey you are my hero.
Perhaps God was using JI to reach someone sitting in that room."
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,143

Post#114 » by bstein14 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:39 pm

flow wrote:
BDM22 wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:

Agree never have a problem with an athlete thanking God... I'm not a fan of telling people who haven't found Jesus to wake up. I'm fine with Ivey having a strong belief in his own religion but pushing it on others is not his place.
keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 141

Post#115 » by keepitrealhomes » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:43 pm

how fragile we’ve become as a society…I could care less what ivey believes or wants others to believe. He’s a grown man, as am I. For all I know, his statement wasn’t meant to be taken literally. Some people just live to look for reasons to be upset…
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,549

Post#116 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Mar 8, 2024 10:01 pm

I do wonder if the entire team or a majority is religious. A couple games ago it looked like they all had their eyes closed and praying before a game with Monty which seemed odd.

Regardless, truly to each their own. As long as no one is being hateful be you.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#117 » by DetroitSho » Fri Mar 8, 2024 10:34 pm

I swear I hate sharing fandom with some of the posters here.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,143

Post#118 » by bstein14 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 10:58 pm

keepitrealhomes wrote:how fragile we’ve become as a society…I could care less what ivey believes or wants others to believe. He’s a grown man, as am I. For all I know, his statement wasn’t meant to be taken literally. Some people just live to look for reasons to be upset…

Are you ok with it if he's Muslim and using his platform to try and convince people that believe in God to "wake up" and find belief in Muhammad and a need to go out and read and learn the Quran.

There are billions of people that believe in religions other than Christianity.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,376

Post#119 » by Spider156 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 11:14 pm

bstein14 wrote:
keepitrealhomes wrote:how fragile we’ve become as a society…I could care less what ivey believes or wants others to believe. He’s a grown man, as am I. For all I know, his statement wasn’t meant to be taken literally. Some people just live to look for reasons to be upset…

Are you ok with it if he's Muslim and using his platform to try and convince people that believe in God to "wake up" and find belief in Muhammad and a need to go out and read and learn the Quran.

I’m Muslim. I’m fine with what Ivey said. I think there’s way worse things said on television than to follow Jesus. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. As a Muslim I believe in Jesus and how he will come back to defeat the antichrist. Most Christians don’t know Muslims believe in Jesus and how he will be back.

Anyway, nothing wrong with what he said. Clearly he’s got the effort and the energy (faith) to be “lucky” in life. Ivey likely gonna become better and better because of his faith.

Even though I have a different faith, I’m a big fan of someone who has faith in their religion because we severely lack that nowadays.

Truth is nobody wants to hear religion talk nowadays so he will grow into learning that.
Defense wins championships
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,295

Post#120 » by GreekAlex » Fri Mar 8, 2024 11:40 pm

Spider156 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:

I’m Muslim. I’m fine with what Ivey said. I think there’s way worse things said on television than to follow Jesus. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. As a Muslim I believe in Jesus and how he will come back to defeat the antichrist. Most Christians don’t know Muslims believe in Jesus and how he will be back.

Anyway, nothing wrong with what he said. Clearly he’s got the effort and the energy (faith) to be “lucky” in life. Ivey likely gonna become better and better because of his faith.

Even though I have a different faith, I’m a big fan of someone who has faith in their religion because we severely lack that nowadays.

Truth is nobody wants to hear religion talk nowadays so he will grow into learning that.

This post made my day. I feel the same way and I gravitate towards communities and cultures that are more rooted in faith.

I myself am a Christian and have many Muslim and Jewish friends. I have lots of respect for all people that have faith based values.

As much as the consistent negativity from some posters is annoying, being offended for someone else is probably worse.

Return to Detroit Pistons