59%

Total votes: 44

Pandev
Sophomore
And1: 111

Re: It's time! Ping-pong balls of doom. Sunday May 12th 3pm 

Post#161 » by Pandev » Mon May 13, 2024 1:13 am

Agree.

Im happy to jump on the Anthony Edwards bandwagon than watch more of Weaver misfit roster trash for another 82 games :banghead:

Enough is enough, this ballclub is going nowhere.

Hey, he're an idea, lets trade for Joe Harris before free agency opens and eat up all our cap space and not even get a 1st round pick in return. :crazy:

Don't laugh because that's what Weaver and Tellum actual did last year. And they're supposed to be front office 'professionals', no armchair fans like all of us. :noway:
JNewton
Veteran
And1: 208

Post#162 » by JNewton » Mon May 13, 2024 1:14 am

BDM22 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
JNewton wrote:I’d offer Cade to San Antonio for 4 and 8, and maybe option to pick swap next year if I’m the new POBO. Need draft capital to kick off the re-rebuild.

I don’t actually despise the notion. But it’s the wrong draft to go all in on.

Yeah, I'd say one of the those picks and get in on some of the Spurs huge number of future 1sts. They've got 3 1sts in 2025. If we could get 2 of those and either 4 or 8 this year, I probably do it.

That would certainly be better. I didn’t look up exactly what the Spurs have but I know if I were they, I’d be willing to give up a lot to get Cade to pair with Wemby, as that could potentially be a Shaq and Kobe duo.

As for the Pistons, I don’t see anything above a 30-win ceiling in their future building out a roster around Cade, especially with cap flexibility disappearing soon, so moving him would probably be prudent. And I expect Cade to request a trade within the next 18 months regardless.

A new POBO coming in with a blank slate is probably the best path forward, although not the one I think they will take.

And Fischer posted an article tonight detailing how Billy King is in charge of basketball advising at the search firm the Pistons are using, so they’re probably F’d no matter what.
Neptune
Veteran
And1: 1,279

Post#163 » by Neptune » Mon May 13, 2024 1:15 am

zeebneeb wrote:If this piece of **** team trades Cade for picks, im done, done. I'm already halfway out the door, watching every Mavs game since Luka draft.

So you would be done if we traded a guy that can't stay healthy?
jars
Junior
And1: 45

Post#164 » by jars » Mon May 13, 2024 1:49 am

Do you think this is how Cavs fans felt before they drafted Lebron?
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 755

Post#165 » by A_dub06 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:55 am

Neptune wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:If this piece of **** team trades Cade for picks, im done, done. I'm already halfway out the door, watching every Mavs game since Luka draft.

So you would be done if we traded a guy that can't stay healthy?

Adding to the fact he’s also not a franchise cornerstone unless you aim to be a swept 1st round playoff team. Cade simply ain’t that guy and never will be. A number 2 on a great team perhaps but not number 1.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,992

Post#166 » by zeebneeb » Mon May 13, 2024 2:00 am

Yeah, so let's keep being terrible indefinitely, and getting the #5 pick over, and over, and over again.

Solid plan. Solid.
A_dub06
Sixth Man

Post#167 » by A_dub06 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:04 am

zeebneeb wrote:Yeah, so let's keep being terrible indefinitely, and getting the #5 pick over, and over, and over again.

Solid plan. Solid.

This is an over-simplification to create a false narrative. Trading Cade for picks and trying to get other young players in isn’t a bad strategy when you consider that if we don’t improve enough he’s going to ask out in 2 years anyway. Our ability to improve significantly is capped at how much our other players can improve or what vets we can trade them for but since weaver did nothing in terms of asset accumulation (in fact gave our assets) we have no real way to trading for better players. You need to start your rebuild with some assets, we had negative assets.

It’s also dependant on how many picks we could get. If we could get several and pushed out far enough where they could be really high that would be a great start.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,159

Post#168 » by bstein14 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:08 am

Trading Cade right now would be super foolish unless we can get an incredible haul for him (#4, #8, three future unprotected 1sts).... anything less than a huge haul isn't worth it ... even if we are going to have to MAX him this summer.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,804

Post#169 » by DBC10 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:13 am

JNewton wrote:
BDM22 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:I don’t actually despise the notion. But it’s the wrong draft to go all in on.

Yeah, I'd say one of the those picks and get in on some of the Spurs huge number of future 1sts. They've got 3 1sts in 2025. If we could get 2 of those and either 4 or 8 this year, I probably do it.

That would certainly be better. I didn’t look up exactly what the Spurs have but I know if I were they, I’d be willing to give up a lot to get Cade to pair with Wemby, as that could potentially be a Shaq and Kobe duo.

As for the Pistons, I don’t see anything above a 30-win ceiling in their future building out a roster around Cade, especially with cap flexibility disappearing soon, so moving him would probably be prudent. And I expect Cade to request a trade within the next 18 months regardless.

A new POBO coming in with a blank slate is probably the best path forward, although not the one I think they will take.

And Fischer posted an article tonight detailing how Billy King is in charge of basketball advising at the search firm the Pistons are using, so they’re probably F’d no matter what.

Billy King? That same executive that led the great Net's 2012 disaster?

Much like a ton of the business world, the NBA business is also a joke as well it seems. Allowing Billy King to still roam around the halls of any basketball entity says so much about how it's such a good ol boys club and rampant nepotism

Gores led Pistons deserve their misfortune if they keep going down this route
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,969

Post#170 » by MotownMadness » Mon May 13, 2024 2:13 am

We gotta get better at this point before we're cancelled lol
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,719

Post#171 » by Invictus88 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:34 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean you really can't do anything besides laugh at this point. My goodness.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,992

Post#172 » by zeebneeb » Mon May 13, 2024 3:06 am

A_dub06 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Yeah, so let's keep being terrible indefinitely, and getting the #5 pick over, and over, and over again.

Solid plan. Solid.

This is an over-simplification to create a false narrative. Trading Cade for picks and trying to get other young players in isn’t a bad strategy when you consider that if we don’t improve enough he’s going to ask out in 2 years anyway. Our ability to improve significantly is capped at how much our other players can improve or what vets we can trade them for but since weaver did nothing in terms of asset accumulation (in fact gave our assets) we have no real way to trading for better players. You need to start your rebuild with some assets, we had negative assets.

It’s also dependant on how many picks we could get. If we could get several and pushed out far enough where they could be really high that would be a great start.
Hold on.

20-46
20-52
23-59
17-65
14-68

Your looking for a great start?

When the hell does it end in your scenario?

The team needs to aggressively build around Cade, and truly build around him for once. The Pistons are only two season away from having the worst stretch of years in NBA history. Right now they have the second worst, only behind the Vancouver Grizzlies, an expansion team, who ended up getting moved.

This is just insanity.
breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 305

Post#173 » by breezypeezy » Mon May 13, 2024 3:24 am

Kalamazoo317 wrote:
BDM22 wrote:Even though I don't particularly care about this lottery, I do think it was incredibly stupid that the team was playing those ridiculous G-league lineups at the end of the year, clearly trying to stay below Washington in the standings. That's some bad basketball karma IMO, and offensive to the fans.

Maybe after dropping to #5 this many times we'll stop operating with such a loser mentality and prize winning games (any games, no matter what) over "increasing our odds." I think we've just been a little too "cute" with how our franchise operates, trying to outsmart everyone and doing nothing but building a losing culture.

Houston loaded up on solid vets to try to support their young guys, were in legit contention for the play-in all season, and got rewarded by the fates. Atlanta held onto their treadmill team instead of trading off any of the major names, and got rewarded by the fates.

Maybe we should just focus on what we can control, which is trying to bring in good players and get better and fight every night instead of creating such a permission structure for losing because "it's smarter."

Totally agree with the bad karma and offensive to fans. Lets root out all the folks in the front office who thought kicking the can down the road and not really trying to compete yet was "smarter" and bring in some winners who actually hate losing instead.

Hell yeah!
We need warriors not soft-ass slackers.
COMPETE EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY GAME FROM EVERY POSITION.

Its the repulsive losing mentality, weve built a culture of "sucking losers" instead of the correct culture that needs to be "losing sucks" AND IS NOT ONLY UNACCEPTABLE but NOT TO BE TOLERATED.
A_dub06
Sixth Man

Post#174 » by A_dub06 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:02 am

zeebneeb wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:

Solid plan. Solid.

Hold on.

20-46
20-52
23-59
17-65
14-68

Your looking for a great start?

When the hell does it end in your scenario?

The team needs to aggressively build around Cade, and truly build around him for once. The Pistons are only two season away from having the worst stretch of years in NBA history. Right now they have the second worst, only behind the Vancouver Grizzlies, an expansion team, who ended up getting moved.

This is just insanity.

The history is irrelevant as we should only ever be concerned about the present and future.

We don’t have a bonafide franchise guy and the pieces we have don’t fit. Cade will leave if we don’t get better in 2 years and we don’t have the assets to make the improvement he will want. If Cade leaves, what then? The young player we traded for vets leaves us with an older roster that’s in a worse position than where we are now.

Trade Cade to get picks and young players, sign a couple of good bets and take the route Houston has. The issue is that we haven’t provided an environment for our younger guys to develop and without that they aren’t going to take the steps that they and the team need.

Rebuilding whilst actually having assets is the only real path forward to building a roster that doesn’t get swept in the 1st round.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,945

Post#175 » by ducler » Mon May 13, 2024 6:05 am

I'm not mad with pick 5 in an horrendous Draft. At least we'll also pay pick 5 salary.
Last year's pick 5 hurts more, it'll be the same next year.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,281

Post#176 » by BDM22 » Mon May 13, 2024 9:10 am

bstein14 wrote:Trading Cade right now would be super foolish unless we can get an incredible haul for him (#4, #8, three future unprotected 1sts).... anything less than a huge haul isn't worth it ... even if we are going to have to MAX him this summer.

He's not worth all that and that's part of the problem.
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 184

Post#177 » by Rip32 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:27 pm

This what happens when you purposely try to lose games, the 5th pick again. The bball gods are not in your favor. The first thing I'm doing if I'm the new president is TRADING CADE. Get his ass out of town ASAP. If he's such a generational talent then no way in hell we should be losing like this. Get the best offer i.e. younger players and draft picks

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#178 » by MotownMadness » Mon May 13, 2024 12:32 pm

Cades not worth enough to make it worth it. Maybe in a few years after hes done developing we can get that big godfather offer if we must.
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 184

Post#179 » by Rip32 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:36 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Cades not worth enough to make it worth it. Maybe in a few years after hes done developing we can get that big godfather offer if we must.

Well, we'll be waiting for him to develop what??? Zeke was a lower draft pick but was a star day one but now we have to wait on a guy who went #1 overall??? Haliburton is BETTER THAN CADE

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#180 » by MotownMadness » Mon May 13, 2024 12:44 pm

Rip32 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Cades not worth enough to make it worth it. Maybe in a few years after hes done developing we can get that big godfather offer if we must.

Well, we'll be waiting for him to develop what??? Zeke was a lower draft pick but was a star day one but now we have to wait on a guy who went #1 overall??? Haliburton is BETTER THAN CADE

He's clearly talented and everyone is different. Most guys start to make a jump in year 3-6 somewhere but hes pretty ahead of most guys.

Return to Detroit Pistons