ImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,958

Re: NBA Playoffs 

Post#181 » by Uncle Mxy » Wed May 15, 2024 7:56 am

Cowology wrote:Jokic is not from this planet.

The game isn't even over yet and again he's just taking it right to the 4x DPOY like he's not even there. 40 pts, 13 assists, 7 rebounds and he's a ridiculous 15-21. He just drained a cold blooded 3 with time expiring and Gobert challenging the shot and he made it look easy.

He'll always be Jockitch playing for the Buttnuggets. But him taking it to Goburt and the Timbercubscouts is fine by me.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,449

Post#182 » by Mr Peanut » Wed May 15, 2024 4:26 pm

We may get some more news on the Connelly front in the not too distant future at the rate the Timberwolves are collapsing.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,719

Post#183 » by Invictus88 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:01 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:We may get some more news on the Connelly front in the not too distant future at the rate the Timberwolves are collapsing.

I don't even see it as collapsing though. The Timberwolves played well. They literally just got beat by some amazing performances.
Gobert especially played great (7-7, 11rb, 2blk, 2stl 18pts -2 +/-) But Jokic was just a buzzsaw. 40pts on 15-22 shooting, 13 assists 0 turnovers.

The T-wolves are set up specifically to stop Jokic and he has a game like that. What does the rest of the league even think about doing other than hope he gets injured?

Free agent aside: Even though he had a subpar night shooting, watching Naz Reid fly around like he did last night. I wish our bigs were that active.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,765

Post#184 » by Cowology » Wed May 15, 2024 5:16 pm

Invictus88 wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:We may get some more news on the Connelly front in the not too distant future at the rate the Timberwolves are collapsing.

I don't even see it as collapsing though. The Timberwolves played well. They literally just got beat by some amazing performances.
Gobert especially played great (7-7, 11rb, 2blk, 2stl 18pts -2 +/-) But Jokic was just a buzzsaw. 40pts on 15-22 shooting, 13 assists 0 turnovers.

The T-wolves are set up specifically to stop Jokic and he has a game like that. What does the rest of the league even think about doing other than hope he gets injured?

Free agent aside: Even though he had a subpar night shooting, watching Naz Reid fly around like he did last night. I wish our bigs were that active.
I think Boston has the answer. In order to beat Denver you need team play at both ends of the floor. Jokic is sorta like Shaq; it doesn't matter what you do he's going to go off. You make him work for it, but then you do your best to take away his ability to be a facilitator or get anybody else going. One of the things we've seen is that Denver needs for Gordon (or Porter, etc) to play well. They need that 2nd/3rd guy to produce. Boston matches up well defensively with Murray, Gordon & Porter. They also have the offense to keep pressure on Denver so they *have* to get somebody other than Jokic/Murray going.

Jokic may end the day with 45 pts, 16 rebs and 7 assists... but if you can stop those other guys from scoring enough pts I think Boston can basically win the arms race because they'll get the production up & down their roster.

It's just about Tatum & whether he can get over the hurdle. He's had 1 or 2 big moments but tends to fade in the clutch. I didn't like Boston last year because of that, but a healthy Zingis along with Brown, White, Holiday & Horford is enough depth that it doesn't matter as much. As these playoffs go on depth is going to matter more and more.

I'm gonna go with BOS over DEN in 6.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,449

Post#185 » by Mr Peanut » Wed May 15, 2024 5:44 pm

Invictus88 wrote:

Fair call, not so much collapsing with their on-court play I guess, but more the wild swing going from two fairly convincing wins and a 2-0 lead to now 3-2 down and on the brink of elimination.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#186 » by Kalamazoo317 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:13 pm

Tatum isn't a killer, imo. And he's not nearly the three point shooter he thinks he is. Boston as a whole lacks a killer instinct and just gets lazy and stands around too much. I can't see them beating a motivated Denver or Minnesota. I'm not sure they'd beat a healthy Knicks, but they have such an easy path to the finals that it's hard to pick against them getting that far.
JennetteMcCurdy
Sophomore
And1: 62

Post#187 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Wed May 15, 2024 7:49 pm

Cowology wrote:

Health is so important - I wonder who’s guarding Jokic if KP is still out - I think that might be the difference. If KP is healthy, Boston wins. If not, Jokic is going to carve up fifty year old Horford!
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,765

Post#188 » by Cowology » Wed May 15, 2024 8:03 pm

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
Cowology wrote:

Health is so important - I wonder who’s guarding Jokic if KP is still out - I think that might be the difference. If KP is healthy, Boston wins. If not, Jokic is going to carve up fifty year old Horford!
Fair call. I'm gonna predict that the Celtics are healthier than the Nuggets by the time they meet. I think there is a good chance that KP is back and that Denver has at least 1 or 2 key guys who are banged up and miss time.
JennetteMcCurdy
Sophomore
And1: 62

Post#189 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Wed May 15, 2024 8:08 pm

Cowology wrote:
JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
Cowology wrote:

Fair call. I'm gonna predict that the Celtics are healthier than the Nuggets by the time they meet. I think there is a good chance that KP is back and that Denver has at least 1 or 2 key guys who are banged up and miss time.

Yeah Nugs starters played 41, 41, 38, 36 and 34 minutes yesterday - if any of them get hurt they’re cooked. Losing Brown and Green hasn’t caught up to them…. yet.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 590

Post#190 » by LaSheed » Thu May 16, 2024 12:51 am

Ok be honest. Who here back in the day was a "Drummond for Garland" guy? I'm guilty LOL
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,969

Post#191 » by MotownMadness » Thu May 16, 2024 12:56 am

Marcus Morris is going off lol
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,332

Post#192 » by vege » Thu May 16, 2024 12:59 am

Our PF search is over. Give Mook a max contract.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer

Post#193 » by LaSheed » Thu May 16, 2024 1:12 am

MotownMadness wrote:Marcus Morris is going off lol

Hahah literally seen him pass it once.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer

Post#194 » by LaSheed » Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 am

Derrick White has been an incredible pick up for Boston.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,167

Post#195 » by bstein14 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:20 am

LaSheed wrote:Derrick White has been an incredible pick up for Boston.

Yup Celtics got him in Feb 2022 and its another example of a missed opportunity Weaver has had 100 of them. Getting a vet that plays with passion/fire and plays the right way and who was more capable than we even saw with San Antonio... Getting someone like that could have really benefited the rebuild. Who knows what it might have taken to get him SA likely knew our 2nds were close to the Celtics 1st in the draft its entirely possible we could have gotten him for an expiring, Bey and a future 2nd round pick.... or perhaps we would have needed to pay a little more in a 3 way in which would would give up Bojan for the asset for White... either way a missed chance to get an actual good starter still in his 20s.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer

Post#196 » by LaSheed » Thu May 16, 2024 1:43 am

I've wanted Isaiah Joe for a few months due to his elite shooting. Look at that man compete on defense against Kyrie Freaking Irving.
vege
RealGM

Post#197 » by vege » Thu May 16, 2024 2:06 am

LaSheed wrote:I've wanted Isaiah Joe for a few months due to his elite shooting. Look at that man compete on defense against Kyrie Freaking Irving.

Despite of his size, he is a good defender. I've posted Isaiah Stewart for Isaiah Joe and Kenrich Williams a few months ago.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer

Post#198 » by LaSheed » Thu May 16, 2024 2:13 am

vege wrote:
LaSheed wrote:I've wanted Isaiah Joe for a few months due to his elite shooting. Look at that man compete on defense against Kyrie Freaking Irving.

Despite of his size, he is a good defender. I've posted Isaiah Stewart for Isaiah Joe and Kenrich Williams a few months ago.

They got room. Stew for Joe!
vege
RealGM

Post#199 » by vege » Thu May 16, 2024 2:27 am

LaSheed wrote:
vege wrote:

Stewart would be good for them. He would be a great fit there.

Another guy I like a lot is Derrick Jones Jr
LaSheed
Bench Warmer

Post#200 » by LaSheed » Thu May 16, 2024 9:17 am

vege wrote:
LaSheed wrote:
vege wrote:

Stewart would be good for them. He would be a great fit there.

Another guy I like a lot is Derrick Jones Jr

100%

Return to Detroit Pistons