RealGM
And1: 8,140

Re: Trade Deadline 2024 (All Trades) 

Post#21 » by bstein14 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:34 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
“From the couch to the starting lineup, a Detroit story”

We literally moved him last year at the deadline too. I kind of want to resign him this summer as our 14th or 15th man just so we can go for 3 deadlines in a row.
I forgot we traded him. Where did we trade him? Was it Atlanta?

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

Four way deal he went to Portland, Portland sent GPJr to GS, we sent Bey to Atlanta, GS sent Wiseman to us, Atlanta sent 5 second rounders to Portland.
TPA
Senior
And1: 472

Post#22 » by TPA » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:39 pm

Unless he's on the move again before the TD, we'll likely bid against ourselves to resign him next season. Otherwise, we spent a nice second-rounder for seemingly nothing. And we give up the rights to Procida, who we just drafted with a similar draft pick last year? Unless Bogey or Burkes is on the move (this kind of move could provide a replacement body for either), I don't see the value.
Edit: OK, I see he's RFA with a Qualifying Offer: $3,806,090. Also, he cannot be traded with other players until 4/7/24, so he's here to stay.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,010

Post#23 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:40 pm

I’m still mad we didn’t just take those second from Atlanta for Bey.

Just terrible awful no good very bad asset management. One of the trickle down effects is that this move cost us a better second than it otherwise might have.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#24 » by DetroitSho » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:00 pm

bstein14 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
We literally moved him last year at the deadline too. I kind of want to resign him this summer as our 14th or 15th man just so we can go for 3 deadlines in a row.
I forgot we traded him. Where did we trade him? Was it Atlanta?

Four way deal he went to Portland, Portland sent GPJr to GS, we sent Bey to Atlanta, GS sent Wiseman to us, Atlanta sent 5 second rounders to Portland.
Bag on Knox all you want, but I swear we've gotten more overall usefulness outta him than any other team. Lol

bstein14
RealGM

Post#25 » by bstein14 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:10 pm

Snakebites wrote:I’m still mad we didn’t just take those second from Atlanta for Bey.

Just terrible awful no good very bad asset management. One of the trickle down effects is that this move cost us a better second than it otherwise might have.

Yup, the Grizzlies just traded michigan kid and former MSU player Xavier Tilliman for two weak second rounders. Not that he is ideal for us because he isn't a 3 point shooter but he's a solid defender and high energy guy that's a better player than Wiseman or Bagley IMO when it comes to playing winning basketball.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#26 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:18 pm

This is the second consecutive year we’ve dealt Kevin Knox at the deadline (okay, deadline’s tomorrow, close enough).
Exit 9
Junior
And1: 191

Post#27 » by Exit 9 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:21 pm

Snakebites wrote:This is the second consecutive year we’ve dealt Kevin Knox at the deadline (okay, deadline’s tomorrow, close enough).

He'll be back in the summer to do it all over again.
313MADE
Neptune
Veteran
And1: 1,279

Post#28 » by Neptune » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:26 pm

With the trade of Simone, watch Bojan get traded tomorrow.

I see Simone as like a bandaid until Ausar is ready to start. He won't give us 30+mins like Bojan, but more like a good 20-minute starter. This will open more playing time for Ausar at SF to develop.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#29 » by vege » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:43 pm

Snakebites wrote:This is the second consecutive year we’ve dealt Kevin Knox at the deadline (okay, deadline’s tomorrow, close enough).

Let's hope this trade ages better than the last one and Fonttechio does better than Wiseman.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#30 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:46 pm

vege wrote:

Let's hope this trade ages better than the last one and Fonttechio does better than Wiseman.

That shouldn’t be difficult.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,967

Post#31 » by MotownMadness » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:50 pm

Why did Jazz trade that guy? He was very active as a scorer last time we played them
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,294

Post#32 » by GreekAlex » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:51 pm

vege wrote:

What would you want to see out of Fonttechio to change your mind about this deal?
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#33 » by vege » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:00 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
vege wrote:

What would you want to see out of Fonttechio to change your mind about this deal?

First I would love to stop seing people butchering his name. It's Fontecchio. 2 CCs not 2 TTs. 2nd Like I said, we have too many guys that can't defend. We need good defenders that can shoot. He is a bad defender.

Cade has been a bad defender despite showing being capable of being a great defender. Ivey is a terrible defender and Duren is not a good defender.

We need those guys to be better defenders, and in order for that to happen we need to surround them with good defenders and good shooters, Orlando and Houston did that, it's not rocket science, but it's something Weaver doesn't understand.

Some clueless people saying Fontecchio is a good defender doesn't change the fact that his advanced metrics are terrible and the games I watched he was bad, possibly because he is playing with terrible defenders like Sexton/Collins/Clarkson but his situation will be the same in Detroit.

So what would make me change my mind? Weaver being fired, a new GM being hired and trading for actually players that can shoot AND DEFEND and him improving his defense to acceptable.

This almost late 1st was our biggest trading chip. Not a lot of teams have 1sts to trade, the ones that have are not buyers. I was expecting/hoping to get an estabilished player for one or 2 of our vets + that 2nd.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#34 » by bstein14 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:09 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Why did Jazz trade that guy? He was very active as a scorer last time we played them

They most likely didn't want to pay him money this summer. They also may look at that #32 - #33 pick as something something they can easily change into a first like we did last year moving up for Sasser or trading it and a 2nd for a future first.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#35 » by bstein14 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:25 pm

How would Pistons fans feel about Gabe Vincent for Danillo Gallinari trade with the Lakers?

Vincent signed a 3 year $33 million deal with the Lakers this summer but got injured and is out for at least another month, playing just 5 games total this season. Lakers reportedy have interest in moving him, and also want to do it likely for a lesser expiring contract that gets them under the luxury tax level which this trade straight up would do.

Gabe Vincent is a 27 year old veteran PG that could help us next year but his $11 million in salary might make it tough since we possibly have big plans for that cap space this summer.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,294

Post#36 » by GreekAlex » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:27 pm

bstein14 wrote:How would Pistons fans feel about Gabe Vincent for Danillo Gallinari trade with the Lakers?

Vincent signed a 3 year $33 million deal with the Lakers this summer but got injured and is out for at least another month, playing just 5 games total this season. Lakers reportedy have interest in moving him, and also want to do it likely for a lesser expiring contract that gets them under the luxury tax level which this trade straight up would do.

Gabe Vincent is a 27 year old veteran PG that could help us next year but his $11 million in salary might make it tough since we possibly have big plans for that cap space this summer.

Hell no! That’s a terrible contract.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,977

Post#37 » by zeebneeb » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:28 pm

bstein14 wrote:How would Pistons fans feel about Gabe Vincent for Danillo Gallinari trade with the Lakers?

What plans?

Is there more former big man busts that Weaver has his eyes on?
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,451

Post#38 » by Billl » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:21 pm

Well, what can you say. Not exactly any needle moving trades here. We traded for guys who play positions where we really need some bodies, which I guess is an improvement over just all centers and pg's? We desperately need some 20way wings, but I'm not sure anyone really wants weaver trading away the type of assets it would take to get those type of guys.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,243

Post#39 » by thesack12 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:43 pm

Gross.

Why does Detroit need another guy that can't shoot? Let alone one on an inflated long term contract?
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,549

Post#40 » by ComboGuardCity » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:56 pm

Never sign or trade for Heat players.

Return to Detroit Pistons