ImageImageImage

Miles Bridges (poll)

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

How would you feel if we sign Miles Bridges this offseason?

Love it!
18%
Hate it!
66%
Impartial, so-so
16%

Total votes: 50

Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,438

Re: Miles Bridges (poll) 

Post#21 » by Mr Peanut » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:44 am

He makes sense for our team from a basketball standpoint, but some things are bigger than basketball and for me it wouldn't feel right cheering for a team with him on it.

I really hope we stay away although I could see Weaver, being a man desperate to save his job, turning to Bridges if we strike out on all our other options in FA.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,612

Post#22 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:37 am

If Miles would sign for less than $10mil per, I would love it! Sure doubt that happens.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,120

Post#23 » by tmorgan » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:02 am

If Weaver keeps his job and signs Miles Bridges, you know he’s completely off the rails and trying to save his job for the future. He’s preached character over and over again in his sound bites ever since getting hired. Bridges would be a complete contradiction to everything he has said in the past.
crashnburn26
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#24 » by crashnburn26 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:42 am

I would be shocked considering we've heard Weaver talk about high character guys based on the draft for YEARS now. Besides, wasnt there a James Edwards tweet saying we didn't even check w CHA to see what he was worth in the deadline?

Unrelated but not only do I not want him here, does he really seem like one of those guys that would even benefit from coming back home? He's had the lean scandal on top of this, keep him away from our young guns
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#25 » by FloridaMan78 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:51 am

The dude posts pictures of himself drinking Lean.

He got ejected from a game and purposely tried to hit people throwing his mouthpiece into the stands hitting a 16 year old girl in the head.

He beat his wife in front of his kids.

He threatened his wife not to tell after the fact, throwing multiple pool table balls at her through her car window and denting her car with his own kids in the car.

Other instances with other players at least have some ambiguity. This is out there. He has a track record and shows no sign of change.

The video of his little boy saying he choked mommy out is heartbreaking. He’s a piece of ****.

https://youtu.be/lK_teLomQOo?si=aBuBV_TMow0qmOP_
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,274

Post#26 » by NYPiston » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:57 pm

I don't mean to come off as holier than thou but I just can't get past how utterly disgusting these charges are against him and the fact that he's a repeat offender. Also, wife beaters rarely just stop beating women cold turkey especially really violent ones like this guy.
As a player, he'd be a great fit but I'd have a very hard time cheering for a human like that.

In any event, it appears that he's staying with the Hornets so... enjoy him Charlotte.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,143

Post#27 » by bstein14 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:03 pm

I think he was mad that Charlotte didn't want to give him a deal last summer, and was forced to sign the one year deal. His intentions were likely 100% to leave. But now there are new ownership and with Mitch Kupcheck leaving as well now its a new management group so its fairly likely he is going to have less issues moving forward with Charlotte. I'd say there's a 98% chance he just chooses to tag the biggest bag from his current team.

From the sounds of it our #1 target is going to be Tobias with the mindset that Philly is going to be trying to lure bigger names first before committing to Tobias... such as Paul George, Siakam, and maybe even LeBron, etc.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,513

Post#28 » by Canadafan » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:17 pm

crashnburn26 wrote:I would be shocked considering we've heard Weaver talk about high character guys based on the draft for YEARS now. Besides, wasnt there a James Edwards tweet saying we didn't even check w CHA to see what he was worth in the deadline?

Unrelated but not only do I not want him here, does he really seem like one of those guys that would even benefit from coming back home? He's had the lean scandal on top of this, keep him away from our young guns

I'd also find it incredibly hard to believe that Weaver or our franchise in general would try to sign him. Not happening
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,455

Post#29 » by Billl » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:35 pm

I'd be pissed. On the court, yeah, he looks like a great fit. He's a horrible human though and nobody is going to be surprised if he continues to have all sorts of issues off the court.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,854

Post#30 » by theBigLip » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:50 pm

Looks like the most recent charges have been dropped
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 585

Post#31 » by LaSheed » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:24 am

theBigLip wrote:Looks like the most recent charges have been dropped

Going to make things interesting!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,032

Post#32 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:54 am

I think if he wants to stay in Charlotte he will. I think they want him back- if they didn't they'd have taken whatever value they could get for him.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#33 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:00 am

Cleared by the NBA and in the court of law.

Bring home the baller!
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,549

Post#34 » by ComboGuardCity » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:27 am

Snakebites wrote:I think if he wants to stay in Charlotte he will. I think they want him back- if they didn't they'd have taken whatever value they could get for him.

Pretty sure he had a no trade clause
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:34 am

Snakebites wrote:I think if he wants to stay in Charlotte he will. I think they want him back- if they didn't they'd have taken whatever value they could get for him.

He refused to be traded by the Hornets he used his trade clause.

"Windhorst reported the 25-year-old "has decided he won't approve any trades" ahead of Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline. Because he signed the $7.9 million qualifying offer with Charlotte, he has the luxury of vetoing any trade."

If the Hornets traded him the team that landed him would of lost his birds right. In this case the Hornets can now sign and trade him to a bigger offer then he would of landed or he can do what he is saying he wants to do stay in Cha.

It makes since if he wants to stay or if he wanted to leave for him to decline to be traded at that time. Now he can pick where he plays and get paid more where he goes as well if its not Cha.

Edit-

It does sound like the Hornets were taking offers on trading him this deadline at any case. So at least some possibility hes coming home where their is a fit+the most cap space on the market.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10108526-nba-rumors-miles-bridges-wont-approve-any-trades-amid-suns-hornets-contract-buzz
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,032

Post#36 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:49 am

buzzkilloton wrote:

"Windhorst reported the 25-year-old "has decided he won't approve any trades" ahead of Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline. Because he signed the $7.9 million qualifying offer with Charlotte, he has the luxury of vetoing any trade."

If the Hornets traded him the team that landed him would of lost his birds right. In this case the Hornets can now sign and trade him to a bigger offer then he would of landed or he can do what he is saying he wants to do stay in Cha.

It makes since if he wants to stay or if he wanted to leave for him to decline to be traded at that time. Now he can pick where he plays and get paid more where he goes as well if its not Cha.

Edit-

It does sound like the Hornets were taking offers on trading him this deadline at any case. So at least some possibility hes coming home where their is a fit+the most cap space on the market.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10108526-nba-rumors-miles-bridges-wont-approve-any-trades-amid-suns-hornets-contract-buzz

Fair enough. I still remember reading that he liked playing in Charlotte and specifically for Steve Clifford. Not saying we couldn't pry him away if we really wanted to, but it's far from a slam dunk.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 am

buzzkilloton wrote:

Bring home the baller!

She wants to get paid. Can’t blame her. He’s still a piece of ****. Doesn’t change that he’ll probably do more dumb ****. If anything this just makes it worse.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:58 am

Snakebites wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Fair enough. I still remember reading that he liked playing in Charlotte and specifically for Steve Clifford. Not saying we couldn't pry him away if we really wanted to, but it's far from a slam dunk.

Yup he has said he loves playing there which may very well be true. Its also in the best interest of his pockets to say Hornets#1 as thats the team that can pay him the most whether they keep him or sign and trade him.

Remember Bridges didnt get to sign the max he had coming in. Hes only made 24mill in his career so far. Hes going to be looking to maximize this next contract.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:11 am

FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Bring home the baller!

She wants to get paid. Can’t blame her. He’s still a piece of ****. Doesn’t change that he’ll probably do more dumb ****. If anything this just makes it worse.

Yeah I dont play the morality police in these situations. Thats for the courts and commish to deal with. I understand people can do awful things and then change. When your a outsider and just being fed narratives by the media you really dont know the story like the courts and commish will.

Obv hes done some messed up stuff that he shouldnt of. Still its obv he has golddiggers around him trying to cash in hence why they keep coming back around. We can never know how much golddiggers manipulated this situation and took vids when he was intoxicated and might of even said to have no one around him or came to him to start the drama etc.

Not Oking anything he did. Just saying hes done his crime and his time by those who pass judgement on it.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#40 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:35 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Bring home the baller!

Yeah I dont play the morality police in these situations. Thats for the courts and commish to deal with. I understand people can do awful things and then change. When your a outsider and just being fed narratives by the media you really dont know the story like the courts and commish will.

Obv hes done some messed up stuff that he shouldnt of. Still its obv he has golddiggers around him trying to cash in hence why they keep coming back around. We can never know how much golddiggers manipulated this situation and took vids when he was intoxicated and might of even said to have no one around him or came to him to start the drama etc.

Not Oking anything he did. Just saying hes done his crime and his time by those who pass judgement on it.

How’s he done his time? Gold digger? It’s his wife and mother of his kids. He beat his wife in front of his kids traumatizing innocent children for the rest of their lives. He threw pool table balls at his wife and kids smashing their car on another occasion. All while getting away with it because he’s rich. You honestly think he won’t do more dumb ****?

Return to Detroit Pistons