ImageImageImage

Who will fill Detroits (2-3) roster spots and counting (Abandoning Ship)

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,274

Re: Who will fill Detroits 2 open roster spots 

Post#21 » by NYPiston » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:47 pm

Lol, whatever you say chief.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#22 » by kellmellus50 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:47 pm

Now if you say Killian Hays picked sucked i would agree with you 100% i hated him being drafted that day when there were much better players to pick from.
SuperBad
Junior
And1: 104

Post#23 » by SuperBad » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:41 pm

Might as well give Pogusevski a try
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#24 » by Piston Pete » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:07 pm

SuperBad wrote:Might as well give Pogusevski a try

Hornets picked him up already.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#25 » by chrbal » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:08 am

kellmellus50 wrote:Mike Muscala got a buyout from the Pistons. opens up 2 spots.
We need a starting center like Bagley who can score and rebound Hmmm ,we should have not traded him.

You’ve had some insane takes in your time posting here, this is another one of them. No point in arguing about it. I never thought I’d see some argue against trading Bagley away, but I forgot about you and then it makes sense
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#26 » by kellmellus50 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:12 pm

chrbal wrote:
kellmellus50 wrote:Mike Muscala got a buyout from the Pistons. opens up 2 spots.
We need a starting center like Bagley who can score and rebound Hmmm ,we should have not traded him.

You’ve had some insane takes in your time posting here, this is another one of them. No point in arguing about it. I never thought I’d see some argue against trading Bagley away, but I forgot about you and then it makes sense

Chrbal .If everyone had the same view on this board it would be very boring and you would learn nothing. People need to see the other side of the coin. or to make it simpler other Views.

If you only want 1 view where everyone has to agree, than go talk to Putin he has 1 view His and Death.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,373

Post#27 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:50 pm

Snakebites wrote:We waived Gallo and Muscala, which actually bummed me out a bit. Both are better than Wiseman.

Yeah, not sure what happened there. Muscala had real value to us as a stretch five and should've been playing over Wiseman, IMO.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#28 » by chrbal » Fri Mar 1, 2024 9:28 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:
chrbal wrote:

Chrbal .If everyone had the same view on this board it would be very boring and you would learn nothing. People need to see the other side of the coin. or to make it simpler other Views.

They were bad, they’re kind of worse since he got there. He’s one of their tank commanders.

If you only want 1 view where everyone has to agree, than go talk to Putin he has 1 view His and Death.

And a classic weird response from you. There’s all kinds of different views here. I’m just saying you are gloriously wrong about Bagley.

They were bad before they got him, they are worse now, he’s one of their tank commanders and that’s fine.

In no universe is trading him with picks for nothing a bad trade as long as there’s no money added to next season’s payroll.

Trading for him and extending him was the bad decisions
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#29 » by kellmellus50 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:33 am

chrbal wrote:
kellmellus50 wrote:
chrbal wrote:

They were bad, they’re kind of worse since he got there. He’s one of their tank commanders.

And a classic weird response from you. There’s all kinds of different views here. I’m just saying you are gloriously wrong about Bagley.

They were bad before they got him, they are worse now, he’s one of their tank commanders and that’s fine.

In no universe is trading him with picks for nothing a bad trade as long as there’s no money added to next season’s payroll.

Trading for him and extending him was the bad decisions

Churble your 100 % wrong ,Bagley would help this team with his double doubles ,all you have is talk and no facts to back up what your saiying .
You need to see the number he's putting up consistantly as a starter not a bench warmer ,now if we traded Wiseman instead of him i would agree with the trade.i would have never giving up 2 seconds unless it was Wiseman instead of Bagley in the deal.
His contract is cheap for the numbers he's putting up.Trading for him was a good deal if we keeped him,but the pistons did not know how to play him so they keeped him on the bench,
Bagley is not the problem in washington anybody can see that by the numbers he' putting up in every game

Churble you and the Pistons have a problem of not valueing picks that's why the pistons have very few 2nds for years to come because they keep giving them away like candy.

For all the people who do not value seconds like Detroit and Churble you miss out on players like Nikola Jokic who was picked in the second round.

Marvin Bagley III First Four Games With Wizards:
72 Points
45 Rebounds
6 Assists

Marvin Bagley III With The Wizards:

20 Points | 11 Rebounds | 62.5% FG
21 Points | 12 Rebounds | 42.1% FG
14 Points | 7 Rebounds | 55.6% FG
17 Points | 15 Rebounds | 87.5% FG
http://buzzlamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/sbBoob1.gif
TPA
Senior
And1: 473

Post#30 » by TPA » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:00 am

Welp, Shake just got shook...
Read on Twitter
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,444

Post#31 » by Mr Peanut » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:15 am

That puts the count at 7 players waived/bought out since all the deadline moves...
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,144

Post#32 » by bstein14 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:23 am

We're just buying out anyone that doesn't want to be here. Let's just ride with 13 guys the rest of the year we aren't playing anyone else anyways unless we want a G League C that is better than Wiseman shouldn't be too hard to find.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,324

Post#33 » by vege » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:37 am

TPA wrote:Welp, Shake just got shook...
Read on Twitter

Good riddance scrub
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,324

Post#34 » by vege » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:39 am

bstein14 wrote:We're just buying out anyone that doesn't want to be here. Let's just ride with 13 guys the rest of the year we aren't playing anyone else anyways unless we want a G League C that is better than Wiseman shouldn't be too hard to find.

I wish we would waive James Wiseman and Malachi Flynn, I wouldn't mind waiving Fournier as well.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,969

Post#35 » by MotownMadness » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:56 am

vege wrote:
bstein14 wrote:We're just buying out anyone that doesn't want to be here. Let's just ride with 13 guys the rest of the year we aren't playing anyone else anyways unless we want a G League C that is better than Wiseman shouldn't be too hard to find.

I wish we would waive James Wiseman and Malachi Flynn, I wouldn't mind waiving Fournier as well.

I hate seeing them get so many mins
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,296

Post#36 » by GreekAlex » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:13 am

MotownMadness wrote:
vege wrote:

I hate seeing them get so many mins

I can’t wait till Sasser is back
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,120

Re: Who will fill Detroits (3) roster spots and counting (Abandoning Ship) 

Post#37 » by tmorgan » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:19 am

Any playoff team looking to play Shake Milton is in deep isht.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,537

Post#38 » by whitehops » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:14 am

We can only have 13 players for 2 weeks, then we have to get to the minimum 14 standard contracts.

Whether we sign a street FA or just sign one of our two-way guys I don’t think it matters much at this point.

Troy brown jr got DNP-CD’d the last 3 games, wonder if he’ll ask for minutes or a buyout too.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#39 » by Piston Pete » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:16 pm

Weaver loves trading for guys just to release them. It’s his favorite

Honestly, waiving these guys means nothing big picture…

I just wish he’d focus on actually acquiring talent that helps us get better…..

Instead, he seems laser-focused on trading away and then trying to replenish 2nd rounders. 2nd rounders are his beam of existence. His 2nd round pick allotment means more to him than anything. 2nd rounders are what’s keeping us from being a solid 15-win team.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,444

Post#40 » by Mr Peanut » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:32 pm

I hope we keep Troy Brown Jr around at least for this season, ideally he should be getting minutes over Fournier. Otherwise he seems like a good bench piece/3rd stringer if others are in foul trouble.

Return to Detroit Pistons