Posey
30%

Total votes: 27

humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#21 » by humblebum » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:48 am

RTM wrote:^Haha, great point!

To me, it depends on the team. For this team (as well as the majority of teams in the league) I feel Max is definitely the one to choose.

Celtic fan perspective.

If the C's had Posey and Maxiell we would clearly be the better team than Detroit.

If the Pistons had Maxiell and Posey they would clearly be the better team than the C's.

I think that they both bring very, very important elements to the game. If I had to choose I'd probably take Maxiell because I prefer offensive rebounds and tenacity inside to three pointers, savvy play, and taking charges. Maxiell brings a real edge to the game, Posey is just a super solid vet who does all the little things. Tough call really.
Phobo_Phile
Sixth Man
And1: 357

Post#22 » by Phobo_Phile » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:25 am

Liqourish wrote:
BTW, does anyone remember that deadly turnaround J McDyess had about 2-3 years ago? We used to be able to just dump it in to him and he would drain those turnarounds like they were nothing. I honestly can't remember if he has hit one at all this year. He must have a couple, but that has been a terribly low percentage shot lately.

Honestly, I think with the great ball movement we've had this season and Dice finding his role earlier and more often... alot of times he finds himself so wide open that he's given time to face up and shoot rather than need to do the turn around fadaway jumper.

Also another factor is that he's a starter... he's on the floor with Chauncey, Rip, Tay, Sheed or Max most of the time... meaning he's not the first offensive option so he doesn't get the defensive pressure he got as the main guy off the bench. Now the opposing team has to gaurd all five guys and if someone doubles down, Dice gets open the majority of the time. It allows him to get space and face up. I'm not complaining though... he's shooting lights out and has really come alive. I didn't think he's flow into the starting lineup and playing more minutes as effortlessly as he has.

Yeah but this year he has been getting wide open 18 foot jumpers. Probably 4 or 5 a game it seems. And averaging a really good percentage. I'll take that.

Return to Detroit Pistons