ImageImageImage

Miles Bridges (poll)

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

How would you feel if we sign Miles Bridges this offseason?

Love it!
18%
Hate it!
66%
Impartial, so-so
16%

Total votes: 50

buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Re: Miles Bridges (poll) 

Post#41 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:58 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
She wants to get paid. Can’t blame her. He’s still a piece of ****. Doesn’t change that he’ll probably do more dumb ****. If anything this just makes it worse.

Yeah I dont play the morality police in these situations. Thats for the courts and commish to deal with. I understand people can do awful things and then change. When your a outsider and just being fed narratives by the media you really dont know the story like the courts and commish will.

Obv hes done some messed up stuff that he shouldnt of. Still its obv he has golddiggers around him trying to cash in hence why they keep coming back around. We can never know how much golddiggers manipulated this situation and took vids when he was intoxicated and might of even said to have no one around him or came to him to start the drama etc.

Not Oking anything he did. Just saying hes done his crime and his time by those who pass judgement on it.

How’s he done his time? Gold digger? It’s his wife and mother of his kids. He beat his wife in front of his kids traumatizing innocent children for the rest of their lives. He threw pool table balls at his wife and kids smashing their car on another occasion. All while getting away with it because he’s rich. You honestly think he won’t do more dumb ****?

He pleaded no contest to a charge. He got suspended for those that was him doing his time for what he was guilty for.

All this is new stuff if is "allegations" and you're speaking on them like their facts. Thats not how the court of law works. This entire story has alot of shadiness to it.

"Criminal charges connected to a domestic violence case against Charlotte Hornets forward Miles Bridges were dropped Tuesday because of “insufficient evidence," court documents show."

The state said in a Charlotte Mecklenburg County Court filing that prosecutors would "not be successful at trial." The woman who accused Bridges gave conflicting stories of what happened, authorities said.

“Given the lack of sufficient evidence necessary to overcome the inconsistency of these accounts, the state would not be successful at trial,” the court documents signed by prosecutor Samantha Pendergrass said.

Superior Court documents say that when police officers responded to a call they found a woman and her children in a vehicle with a damaged windshield. She initially told police another woman at the house caused the damage, but then told them a few days later it was Bridges who inflicted the damage. Later, the woman told prosecutors she was unsure how her car was damaged, according to court documents.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/nba/hornets-miles-bridges-charges-dropped-domestic-violence-case/3461645/#:~:text=Criminal%20charges%20connected%20to%20a,violence%20protection%20order%20on%20Oct.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#42 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:05 pm

"You honestly think he won’t do more dumb ****?"

I think that a 26year old whos been taken through the ringer with BS charges cchange his life can change and start getting on the right track. There are tons of athletes who have done dumb things early on in their careers and went on to change. He needs some anger management and counseling and needs to stay away from the gold digging babys mom putting him in these bad situations.

Bring him back home to Detroit. We got a great culture built up here. A massive need at the 4. He can be a multitime all star if he comes here. Pistons fans will cheer Miles when he returns. We could use someone with a little edge to their game we have to many soft players as is.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#43 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:11 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
Yeah I dont play the morality police in these situations. Thats for the courts and commish to deal with. I understand people can do awful things and then change. When your a outsider and just being fed narratives by the media you really dont know the story like the courts and commish will.

Obv hes done some messed up stuff that he shouldnt of. Still its obv he has golddiggers around him trying to cash in hence why they keep coming back around. We can never know how much golddiggers manipulated this situation and took vids when he was intoxicated and might of even said to have no one around him or came to him to start the drama etc.

Not Oking anything he did. Just saying hes done his crime and his time by those who pass judgement on it.

How’s he done his time? Gold digger? It’s his wife and mother of his kids. He beat his wife in front of his kids traumatizing innocent children for the rest of their lives. He threw pool table balls at his wife and kids smashing their car on another occasion. All while getting away with it because he’s rich. You honestly think he won’t do more dumb ****?

He pleaded no contest to a charge. He got suspended for those that was him doing his time for what he was guilty for.

All this is new stuff if is "allegations" and you're speaking on them like their facts. Thats not how the court of law works. This entire story has alot of shadiness to it.

"Criminal charges connected to a domestic violence case against Charlotte Hornets forward Miles Bridges were dropped Tuesday because of “insufficient evidence," court documents show."

The state said in a Charlotte Mecklenburg County Court filing that prosecutors would "not be successful at trial." The woman who accused Bridges gave conflicting stories of what happened, authorities said.

“Given the lack of sufficient evidence necessary to overcome the inconsistency of these accounts, the state would not be successful at trial,” the court documents signed by prosecutor Samantha Pendergrass said.

Superior Court documents say that when police officers responded to a call they found a woman and her children in a vehicle with a damaged windshield. She initially told police another woman at the house caused the damage, but then told them a few days later it was Bridges who inflicted the damage. Later, the woman told prosecutors she was unsure how her car was damaged, according to court documents.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/nba/hornets-miles-bridges-charges-dropped-domestic-violence-case/3461645/#:~:text=Criminal%20charges%20connected%20to%20a,violence%20protection%20order%20on%20Oct.

You seriously think it wasn’t him? He threatened her that she wouldn’t get money if he doesn’t get paid. She dropped everything to make sure she gets paid too. All while these kids have to go through it all. It’s sick. I do not know how anyone would want any of that around our team. He ain’t learn ****.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#44 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:17 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:"You honestly think he won’t do more dumb ****?"

I think that a 26year old whos been taken through the ringer with BS charges cchange his life can change and start getting on the right track. There are tons of athletes who have done dumb things early on in their careers and went on to change. He needs some anger management and counseling and needs to stay away from the gold digging babys mom putting him in these bad situations.

Bring him back home to Detroit. We got a great culture built up here. A massive need at the 4. He can be a multitime all star if he comes here. Pistons fans will cheer Miles when he returns. We could use someone with a little edge to their game we have to many soft players as is.

BS charges? Seriously? He did this in front of his kids. He threw billiard balls at his kids. He did these things months after beating the **** out of her in front of their kids. I cannot imagine ever doing anything like this no matter what happened to me and it disgusts me to think there are humans like this and are celebrated and held on a pedestal. Disgusting.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:18 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:

You seriously think it wasn’t him? He threatened her that she wouldn’t get money if he doesn’t get paid. She dropped everything to make sure she gets paid too. All while these kids have to go through it all. It’s sick. I do not know how anyone would want any of that around our team. He ain’t learn ****.

I dont consider someone guilty due to allegations and speculation from the media on she say he say things. I let the legal system make those decisions. Then as a final backdrop I let the league decide whos fine to represent the NBA.

In this case Miles Bridges has served his time. Their are no further allegations being made against him.

Knowing hes clear of wrong doing I'm looking at he talent and fit and their is nobody better on the market for us. To me hes the most slam dunk go get him player out there right now. Back up the truck!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,022

Post#46 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:20 pm

Oh god this board will become unbearable if we sign him…
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:53 pm

Snakebites wrote:Oh god this board will become unbearable if we sign him…

Their will be some hot discussion about it during the offseason. A few fans will say things like "Thats it I'm done with the team if they take Bridges" etc. Thing is everyone posting regularly here is in way to deep with the Pistons to just quit over one move they disagree with.

Life is complicated and young wealthy famous men get put in some bad spots in the publics eye. ADP had the child abuse drama with the switch. Kobe had the rape allegations. Kidds ex wife proclaims how terrible he was violent and would cheat on her the whole time. Big Ben had rape allegations.

Jim Brown many consider one of the greatest RBs of all time you dont hear players speak ill on his name. Yet he was charged with beating up or raping women 6 times including assault with intent to murder. He was accused knocked a GF out,threatning to murder a wife, and refusing to seek help.

Arod and a host of other players denying to take roids all these years just straight cheating the game. Ray Lewis potentially got away with Murder. Tyreek,Dez B,Vick,Tyson, Mayweather can justy go on in on with immoral things athletes have done over the years. Imagine the things they get away with we dont even hear about!

The point being is its not uncommon at all for young rich athletes to make some awful mistakes. They can learn from then and become better men. In the vast majority of these cases teams had short memeorys and were rooting for their players as soon as they came back just like the Hornets did with Miles. Miles gets back into a Pistons uniform playing at a all star level nobody is gonna be sitting in the corner upset about they gonna be geeked to have a young guy that can ball out.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:57 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:

I dont consider someone guilty due to allegations and speculation from the media on she say he say things. I let the legal system make those decisions. Then as a final backdrop I let the league decide whos fine to represent the NBA.

In this case Miles Bridges has served his time. Their are no further allegations being made against him.

Knowing hes clear of wrong doing I'm looking at he talent and fit and their is nobody better on the market for us. To me hes the most slam dunk go get him player out there right now. Back up the truck!

This says it all. You’re defending a convicted wife beater and making excuses to cheer him on. It is what it is.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:07 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:

This says it all. You’re defending a convicted wife beater and making excuses to cheer him on. It is what it is.

I understand he was convicted of domestic violence and that is wrong. That said just because he made a mistake it shouldnt be grounds for me to not want him on my basketball team. All of the other charges are nothing burgers. He made one mistake hes done his time for it now he should be given his chance to go on with life.

For the Pistons franchise this drama can be a blessing. We know have a decent change at getting a young max level talent that woudl of never been here if not for said off court drama. Now Weaver can decide if he wants to pass up the best player on the board due to morality or play it safe by overpaying a no upside Tobias Harris.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#50 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:21 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

I understand he was convicted of domestic violence and that is wrong. That said just because he made a mistake it shouldnt be grounds for me to not want him on my basketball team. All of the other charges are nothing burgers. He made one mistake hes done his time for it now he should be given his chance to go on with life.

For the Pistons franchise this drama can be a blessing. We know have a decent change at getting a young max level talent that woudl of never been here if not for said off court drama. Now Weaver can decide if he wants to pass up the best player on the board due to morality or play it safe by overpaying a no upside Tobias Harris.

Yea no thanks, have fun cheering for the wife beater. Maybe next time he’ll beat the **** out of his kids and you can cheer him on for that. They should have a reality show so you can watch that too.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:26 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:

Yea no thanks, have fun cheering for the wife beater. Maybe next time he’ll beat the **** out of his kids and you can cheer him on for that. They should have a reality show so you can watch that too.

Read on Twitter
?ref_sr

Read on Twitter
/photo/1

Read on Twitter
/photo/2
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#52 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:34 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Read on Twitter
?ref_sr

Yeah the own words of his wife have less merit then speculation from the media.

I thought you said it doesn’t matter what that gold digger says, just the court of law. He’s a convicted wife beater. You cheer for a wife beater. Have fun with that. Maybe next time he kills her and you can make excuses for that.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:40 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?ref_sr

I thought you said it doesn’t matter what that gold digger says, just the court of law. He’s a convicted wife beater. You cheer for a wife beater. Have fun with that. Maybe next time he kills her and you can make excuses for that.

The NBA and court of law have given Miles a pass after he served his suspension. His wife has given him a pass. For whatever reason some internet posters cant get over it.

When hes in a Pistons uniform next year and putting up b2b 40 point games and hitting 3s at a 38% clip scoring at 3 levels this conversation is gonna be long gone in your mind.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#54 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:51 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Read on Twitter
?ref_sr

The NBA and court of law have given Miles a pass after he served his suspension. His wife has given him a pass. For whatever reason some internet posters cant get over it.

When hes in a Pistons uniform next year and putting up b2b 40 point games and hitting 3s at a 38% clip scoring at 3 levels this conversation is gonna be long gone in your mind.

I’m sure if he kills her this conversation will be long gone in your mind. Same thing right?
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:03 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:

I’m sure if he kills her this conversation will be long gone in your mind. Same thing right?

Their are tons if professionals who get paid to judge if hes the type of person capable of killing her and hes surely talked to them. Said professionals arent worried about neither will I be.

I think the conversations of how much better off we were Paying Miles to come home over bringing back old Tobias to cash in during his twilight being the real topic of conversation.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#56 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:12 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:.

Their are tons if professionals who get paid to judge if hes the type of person capable of killing her and hes surely talked to them. Said professionals arent worried about neither will I be.

I think the conversations of how much better off we were Paying Miles to come home over bringing back old Tobias to cash in during his twilight being the real topic of conversation.

So not the same then. But as long as he’s winning games you’d be dancing on her grave.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#57 » by Piston Pete » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:49 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:

Let’s not play the what if game.

What if he kills her is the exact same as what if he morphs into a saint and never does anything bad ever again?

I commend buzz and his viewpoint just as much as I commend the opposite.

Honestly, the discussion in this thread is thought provoking.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,294

Post#58 » by GreekAlex » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:04 pm

I’ll be so happy when this debate is over. It really takes a bit of the fun out of the basketball discussion to beat a dead horse with this topic.

The most profound thing BuzzKilloton said was:

There’s nothing like holding a grudge in a matter that doesn’t truly concern you. :lol:

The actual parties involved have moved on.

How can you be more emotionally invested at this point than the people involved?

This new generation of throwing stones in a moral glass house has become increasingly more insane.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#59 » by DetroitSho » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:54 pm

GreekAlex wrote:I’ll be so happy when this debate is over. It really takes a bit of the fun out of the basketball discussion to beat a dead horse with this topic.

There’s nothing like holding a grudge in a matter that doesn’t truly concern you.

How can you be more emotionally invested at this point than the people involved?

This new generation of throwing stones in a moral glass house has become increasingly more insane.
Great post. I'm not a Miles guy, just from a basketball standpoint, I don't want the guy. But I'm old enough to remember just a year ago Brandon Miller was villianized on this board. The old stupid "character concerns" group think started to take over when people behind their keyboards didn't truly know the details of his issue.

I'm not excusing Bridges of anything. But I'm honest enough to say I don't really care. ESPECIALLY if the parties involved have actually moved on themselves. Like, who tf are you to continue to hold on to these things? I just wish the moral police would get off their high horse and admit that they don't care either. Newsflash, YOU ROOT FOR SEVERAL SCUMBAGS, just by the sheer numbers.

Not sure how many crossover Tigers fans are here but uhhhh, Miguel Cabrera anybody? If you haven't been calling him "the wife beater" the last 15 years please stfu and get off your high horse.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,323

Post#60 » by vege » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:32 am

GreekAlex wrote:I’ll be so happy when this debate is over. It really takes a bit of the fun out of the basketball discussion to beat a dead horse with this topic.

There’s nothing like holding a grudge in a matter that doesn’t truly concern you. :lol:

My standards are clearly different than yours. What he did is unnaceptable. He is not the kind of person I want around a young group for sure. But I understant that's a real possibility, and I will not stop cherring for the team if it happens, It will only add to my frustration with how things have been built since Gores bought the team.

Return to Detroit Pistons