Re: Trade w/Utah 

Post#61 » by MotownMadness » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:53 pm

He looked pretty good last time we faced them
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,151

Post#62 » by bstein14 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:02 pm

Troy Weaver trending on twitter with this trade haha....

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Sort
Rookie
And1: 449

Post#63 » by Sort » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:05 pm

An early second round pick in a bad draft? I think this is okay to land a decent role player who was starting on a good team. See if he works well and then sign him to a reasonable deal if so.

I also don't think makes any difference.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#64 » by DetroitSho » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:05 pm

vege wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
whitehops wrote:
his defensive EPM is +0.2 which is 66th percentile. i'll admit i haven't seen him play much at all but that's a solid number for sure. knox was 29th percentile.
Soooo, NOT what vege said, as usual? Gotcha.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

My track record is pretty good and yours is laughable, so another bad post by you, as usual.

Fontecchio is a very bad defender, if you want more information, go on and find out the stats yourself. Defensive EPM is only one metric. If you watch the games and understand what's going on, which I doubt, you'll understand Knox was nothing special, but he was passable on defense, definetely not at the bot 30 percentile of the league, and that should give you a clue on how missleading 1 single stat can be. But you do you, continue posting bad stuff.
Stopped reading after the first sentence of your drivel. Go away forever.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,986

Post#65 » by zeebneeb » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:10 pm

bstein14 wrote:Troy Weaver trending on twitter with this trade haha....

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Perfection.

I would also like to add that fettuccine will have to pay the Pistons shooting tax.

I expect him to be around 33% from three.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#66 » by Moses ShamMoses » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:14 pm

meh, lets see if Weaver makes any other moves before making fun of this one. On paper, that early 2nd seems expensive for what we're getting in return.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,151

Post#67 » by bstein14 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:18 pm

There's no chance he's worse on D than Bey and Bojan so even if he's below average its an upgrade for us on defense for the wing spot compared to what we're used to.
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#68 » by zeebneeb » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:30 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:meh, lets see if Weaver makes any other moves before making fun of this one. On paper, that early 2nd seems expensive for what we're getting in return.
Oh I think it's appropriate in this case.

That gif is perfect for the situation.

Unless people think Weaver is finally going to start making big moves all of a sudden. His history thus far, is to sit on his hands, and watch the world burn.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#69 » by 440BB » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:39 pm

I like the deal. Fontecchio made a jump defensively from his first year and is a consistent 3 point shooter.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,325

Post#70 » by vege » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:41 pm

bstein14 wrote:There's no chance he's worse on D than Bey and Bojan so even if he's below average its an upgrade for us on defense for the wing spot compared to what we're used to.

Yes like I said, he is around Burks level. Very bad, but not Bojan or Bey's bad, that's a new tier of badness.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,265

Post#71 » by BDM22 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:46 pm

I like it if he is restricted and re-signs. If he’s actually unrestricted it’s pretty meh.

Best part is this, to me, means that we’re gonna ship out Bojan and get a better pick than we gave here (I assume). No longer feel the absolute need to keep the one reliable shooter on board. Go grab some asset for Bojan.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,252

Post#72 » by thesack12 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:47 pm

Eh, Its not the worst move Weaver has done but I can't say I like it either.

This draft has a bad rap, but that is mostly because there are no potential transcendent talents available at the top. If look past the top of the draft, there projects to be a good amount of depth. Plus that Wizards pick is going to be at worst #33, which holds a decent amount of value.

As for Fonteccio specifically, sure he helps but I'm gonna pump the brakes hard on immediately considering him part of the core. He sure isn't much of a creator, he has a higher assisted FG rate than Isaiah Stewart does and we all know that Stewart doesn't handle the ball or create. Simone also doesn't get to the free throw line, only 84 FTA's in 102 games. So his optimal role would seemingly be a spot up shooter. With him already being 28 years old, I don't know how much more upside or skill expansion he has left in him.
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#73 » by zeebneeb » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:55 pm

BDM22 wrote:I like it if he is restricted and re-signs. If he’s actually unrestricted it’s pretty meh.

Best part is this, to me, means that we’re gonna ship out Bojan and get a better pick than we gave here (I assume). No longer feel the absolute need to keep the one reliable shooter on board. Go grab some asset for Bojan.
If the last two trades are anything to go by, expect the absolute worst return imaginable for Bojan, if he even gets moved.

Cade/HAYES
Ivey/Sasser
Fettuccine
Bojan
Duren

I give up.
tradez401
Starter
And1: 621

Post#74 » by tradez401 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:10 pm

i have zero idea who the new guy is seen ppl say hes a shooter hopefully he doesnt forget how to shoot comin to detroit.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,136

Post#75 » by The Moose » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:26 pm

Certainly not the worst trade Troy has ever made.

Fontecchio is a solid nba rotation wing at least, part of the reason why we have been so reluctant to trade players of even Bojan and Burks calibre is because we have a void of actual nba rotation players. We’ve had a core collection of players under 22 and then instead of surrounding them with good vets and solid players, we took a bunch of home run swing projects.

I wonder if Procida ever comes over
smann7
Sophomore
And1: 156

Post#76 » by smann7 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:40 pm

I dont mind this trade at all, I actually remember this guy balling on us last time we played the Jazz and wondering why we can’t find unheard of guys like him. He had 16pts 7rebs 3/4 from 3 in that game.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,804

Post#77 » by DBC10 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:50 pm

smann7 wrote:I dont mind this trade at all, I actually remember this guy balling on us last time we played the Jazz and wondering why we can’t find unheard of guys like him. He had 16pts 7rebs 3/4 from 3 in that game.

And apparently Weaver took notice too and went ahead and traded for him...

This one I don't mind just wish we could have gotten some 2nds and somehow a few 1sts back to have something in our arsenal for a future trade. Not this trade particularly but the overall transactions during the Weaver era
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,265

Post#78 » by BDM22 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:54 pm

DBC10 wrote:
smann7 wrote:I dont mind this trade at all, I actually remember this guy balling on us last time we played the Jazz and wondering why we can’t find unheard of guys like him. He had 16pts 7rebs 3/4 from 3 in that game.

This one I don't mind just wish we could have gotten some 2nds and somehow a few 1sts back to have something in our arsenal for a future trade. Not this trade particularly but the overall transactions during the Weaver era

The only thing we’ve got that’s worth “a few 1sts” is Cade, so you'll have to start there.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,804

Post#79 » by DBC10 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:58 pm

BDM22 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

The only thing we’ve got that’s worth “a few 1sts” is Cade, so you'll have to start there.

We're 6-43 so nothing should truly be off limits. But these days, rarely do GMs actually trade young players on rookie contracts unless it's for an actual haul like the PG trade that OKC did for example

So unless something extreme happens, I expect Cade/Ivey/Ausar/Duren to all stay and play next season
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,252

Post#80 » by thesack12 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:09 pm

DBC10 wrote:
BDM22 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

We're 6-43 so nothing should truly be off limits. But these days, rarely do GMs actually trade young players on rookie contracts unless it's for an actual haul like the PG trade that OKC did for example

So unless something extreme happens, I expect Cade/Ivey/Ausar/Duren to all stay and play next season

Paul George was on his 3rd contract by the time OKC traded him. Did you mean when OKC traded Harden?

Regardless, your point stands and I don't disagree with you.

Return to Detroit Pistons