ImageImageImage

Summer League 2022 - Make or break for Killian? Which Pistons should attend?

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Summer League 2022 - Make or break for Killian? Which Pistons should attend? 

Post#81 » by Manocad » Sat Nov 5, 2022 9:46 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
Manocad wrote:I expect the team will pick up Hayes' option for a fourth year, let him walk/use him as trade filler if he doesn't produce, he won't play in the summer league, and I'm not terribly interested in who does unless the Pistons draft Sharpe. I've seen plenty of Ivey and Murray.

I guess you skated on that one. You are purveyor of semantics. You weren’t exactly against it.

BS. There is nothing in there that says the team should pick up his option or that I wanted them to. It says I expected, I.e. predicted that they would. It also says I expect that the team will let him walk or trade him if he doesn’t produce; by your logic that counts as “not exactly for it,” right?

You are purveyor of spin to fit your rhetoric. I’ve said 100 times that I had no clue who Killian was when he was drafted thus I had no personal preference/affinity for him whatsoever, that I hope he turns it around because that’s best for the team, and that giving up on him before his third season after two incomplete seasons was in my opinion too soon. And if it’s best for the team to get any player off the floor, then he should be off the floor. Like sending him to the G-league which in Killian’s case, I supported. I also posted more than once that he should be instructed to not shoot.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,570

Re: Summer League 2022 - Make or break for Killian? Which Pistons should attend? 

Post#82 » by Pharaoh » Sat Nov 5, 2022 10:49 pm

Manocad wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
Manocad wrote:I expect the team will pick up Hayes' option for a fourth year, let him walk/use him as trade filler if he doesn't produce, he won't play in the summer league, and I'm not terribly interested in who does unless the Pistons draft Sharpe. I've seen plenty of Ivey and Murray.

I guess you skated on that one. You are purveyor of semantics. You weren’t exactly against it.

BS. There is nothing in there that says the team should pick up his option or that I wanted them to. It says I expected, I.e. predicted that they would. It also says I expect that the team will let him walk or trade him if he doesn’t produce; by your logic that counts as “not exactly for it,” right?

You are purveyor of spin to fit your rhetoric. I’ve said 100 times that I had no clue who Killian was when he was drafted thus I had no personal preference/affinity for him whatsoever, that I hope he turns it around because that’s best for the team, and that giving up on him before his third season after two incomplete seasons was in my opinion too soon. And if it’s best for the team to get any player off the floor, then he should be off the floor. Like sending him to the G-league which in Killian’s case, I supported. I also posted more than once that he should be instructed to not shoot.
There's the idea that because some preach patience you're (we're!) defenders or supporters of whatever individual player (or coach).

As you stated what you actually want is what is obviously best for the team long term but few want to accept that as it doesn't lead to heated discussions that some appear to want

My guess is a whole lot of people have a lot more time on their hands

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#83 » by bstein14 » Sun Nov 6, 2022 1:24 am

Pharaoh wrote:
Manocad wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:I guess you skated on that one. You are purveyor of semantics. You weren’t exactly against it.

There's the idea that because some preach patience you're (we're!) defenders or supporters of whatever individual player (or coach).

As you stated what you actually want is what is obviously best for the team long term but few want to accept that as it doesn't lead to heated discussions that some appear to want

There's always both extremes with patience. You can play a player for 24 MPG 3.5 years before you pull the plug, but that's a crap load of development time, as well as time that other players have to play with a non NBA level talent.... sometimes players will never get it with their original team anways and will need a new coach, new system, new environment to succeed. With Killian, there are other signs as well that its not just Detroit. He also wasn't picked up to be part of the French national team even though most NBA players from France are part of that team... so they also feel he isn't good enough to make it at this point.

If Saben Lee was picked #7 and Hayes was picked in the 2nd round and we say the same that we've seen from each... people here would be pushing Hayes out the door if he wasn't already traded or cut and they'd still be wanting to give Lee a shot. Killian's only here still because of where he was picked.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,986

Post#84 » by zeebneeb » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:11 pm

How many threads, and conversations does this board have to have about a backup guard averaging 18mpg?

Holy **** already.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,537

Post#85 » by whitehops » Mon Nov 7, 2022 12:35 am

zeebneeb wrote:How many threads, and conversations does this board have to have about a backup guard averaging 18mpg?

Holy **** already.

how many times do you have to complain about casey?
bstein14
RealGM

Post#86 » by bstein14 » Mon Nov 7, 2022 1:05 am

zeebneeb wrote:Bsteins Hayes obsession.

Cannot wait until he's traded, breaks out on a different team.

Only team trading for him is one that's got a worse contract, and wants to go all-in on the #1 tank commander in the league. Could you imagine if Hayes leads our tank to another #1 to land us Cade and Victor? His jersey would get retired for sure for tanking us to that dynamic duo. Other GMs playing checkers and Weaver out here playing chess drafting Killian to ensure we have a bottom 3 record for the three seasons following his draft.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,986

Post#87 » by zeebneeb » Mon Nov 7, 2022 2:26 am

whitehops wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:How many threads, and conversations does this board have to have about a backup guard averaging 18mpg?

Holy **** already.

how many times do you have to complain about casey?
Seeing as how the coach is far more important then a bench guard, a ton.
The Number 9
Sophomore
And1: 57

Post#88 » by The Number 9 » Mon Nov 7, 2022 10:28 am

bstein14 wrote:He also wasn't picked up to be part of the French national team even though most NBA players from France are part of that team... so they also feel he isn't good enough to make it at this point.

I already explain to you why. It was not about his level.
There's plenty of reasons to have doubts about Hayes future in the league. Not this one...
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#89 » by flow » Mon Nov 7, 2022 12:40 pm

Holy **** already.

Is that a white flag waving in the breeze?
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#90 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 7, 2022 2:29 pm

bstein14 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
Manocad wrote:BS. There is nothing in there that says the team should pick up his option or that I wanted them to. It says I expected, I.e. predicted that they would. It also says I expect that the team will let him walk or trade him if he doesn’t produce; by your logic that counts as “not exactly for it,” right?

There's always both extremes with patience. You can play a player for 24 MPG 3.5 years before you pull the plug, but that's a crap load of development time, as well as time that other players have to play with a non NBA level talent.... sometimes players will never get it with their original team anways and will need a new coach, new system, new environment to succeed. With Killian, there are other signs as well that its not just Detroit. He also wasn't picked up to be part of the French national team even though most NBA players from France are part of that team... so they also feel he isn't good enough to make it at this point.

If Saben Lee was picked #7 and Hayes was picked in the 2nd round and we say the same that we've seen from each... people here would be pushing Hayes out the door if he wasn't already traded or cut and they'd still be wanting to give Lee a shot. Killian's only here still because of where he was picked.

Not as a point guard. Saben Lee sure as hell did some things better than Killian but he was a godawful point guard. He had one skill, and one skill only--he could score...in the G-league.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#91 » by bstein14 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:02 am

First part is done now just time for him to break out on another team.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,324

Post#92 » by vege » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:07 am

bstein14 wrote:

Can the new team hire Monty Williams so he can help in Killian's development, please? If possible hire Silas as well.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,549

Post#93 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:30 am

bstein14 wrote:

Shanghai Sharks got a beast

Return to Detroit Pistons