DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Re: Trade w/Utah 

Post#81 » by DetroitSho » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:19 pm

thesack12 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
BDM22 wrote:
The only thing we’ve got that’s worth “a few 1sts” is Cade, so you'll have to start there.

We're 6-43 so nothing should truly be off limits. But these days, rarely do GMs actually trade young players on rookie contracts unless it's for an actual haul like the PG trade that OKC did for example

So unless something extreme happens, I expect Cade/Ivey/Ausar/Duren to all stay and play next season

Paul George was on his 3rd contract by the time OKC traded him. Did you mean when OKC traded Harden?

Regardless, your point stands and I don't disagree with you.
I'm sure he was referring to what the Clippers traded FOR Paul George.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,252

Post#82 » by thesack12 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:31 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
We're 6-43 so nothing should truly be off limits. But these days, rarely do GMs actually trade young players on rookie contracts unless it's for an actual haul like the PG trade that OKC did for example

So unless something extreme happens, I expect Cade/Ivey/Ausar/Duren to all stay and play next season

Paul George was on his 3rd contract by the time OKC traded him. Did you mean when OKC traded Harden?

Could be, they got SGA in that trade. Although at the time SGA wasn't considered an elite prospect.

Looking back now though, its crazy that OKC got a top 10 player who is legit MVP caliber + five 1st rounders + 2 pick swaps. Despite all that if LAC can manage to win the ship this year that trade will be looked back upon as a great move for them.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,120

Post#83 » by tmorgan » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:44 pm

I like Simone. Solid player on both ends. The kind of thing we need.

We’ll see who is available in the early 2nd, but this was likely a solid trade as long as Fontecchio’s RFA contract isn’t ridiculous.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,549

Post#84 » by ComboGuardCity » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:53 pm

I’ve only seen him play once…when he torched us for a few minutes. Don’t hate this move at all.

I do hope Kevin Knox succeeds. He seems like a good kid.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#85 » by Piston Pete » Thu Feb 8, 2024 12:10 am

Fettuccine Alfredo…yum
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 336

Post#86 » by Drwho17 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:05 am

Good value trade, by all accounts he is a good two way player, which PIstons need as a wing. Improved a lot this uear and watch his numbers explode n9w that he's not behind Collins, Markennen and Hendricks.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#87 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:16 am

Exit 9 wrote:LOL @vege rushing in to hate and all the Jazz fans pretty much disagreeing

I don't know much about this guy so I've got nothing other than that.

I remember when we traded for Wiseman all the Warriors fans came over acting like we got a steal. Normally the fans who think a player is meh or bad arent going to bother to stop by the other teams board to say anything negative.

As far as the trade I have no strong feelings on it. Just seems like one of those whatever shrug deals.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,117

Post#88 » by Kilo » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:17 am

Ainge ain't no sucker.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Fennis Dembo
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#89 » by Fennis Dembo » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:12 am

tradez401 wrote:i have zero idea who the new guy is seen ppl say hes a shooter hopefully he doesnt forget how to shoot comin to detroit.

Can't argue with this.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,442

Post#90 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:33 am

He's a decent player and he plays hard. He's worlds better than Knox as well. Maybe his spacing with Bojan and Burks can help the young players.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,410

Post#91 » by mattao313 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:37 am

I remember he gave us buckets when we played the jazz

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app
Championships
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#92 » by DetroitSho » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:13 am

thesack12 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

Could be, they got SGA in that trade. Although at the time SGA wasn't considered an elite prospect.

Looking back now though, its crazy that OKC got a top 10 player who is legit MVP caliber + five 1st rounders + 2 pick swaps. Despite all that if LAC can manage to win the ship this year that trade will be looked back upon as a great move for them.
That trade was essentially all of what the Clippers gave up for George AND Leonard. It's already worth it.

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#93 » by babyjax13 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:38 am

Fontecchio is good. Solid defender, very good shooter. He can start without hurting you, but ideally is an 8th man, IMO.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#94 » by The-Power » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:46 am

vege wrote:Fontecchio is a very bad defender, if you want more information, go on and find out the stats yourself. Defensive EPM is only one metric.

What are those stats you're referring to, and why are they more instructive than D-EPM?

And the ones who have seen the most of Fontecchio, Jazz fans, pretty much universally disagree with your take that he's a bad defender – and they have no reason to talk him up anymore. But I suppose none of them knows what they are talking about, right?

Be it as it may, I came here to congratulate you guys on a very solid deal. He's an NBA-level player who fits a need for the team. Obviously this isn't a move to turn the franchise around but incremental moves towards competitiveness will be needed and he is exactly that.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,446

Post#95 » by Mr Peanut » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:12 am

Feels like a bit of a meh move. Fontecchio is 28 and kind of is what he is, which is a solid 20 MPG bench shooter. He would've been a RFA this offseason and there's a chance we could've just outbid others to get him.

In turn we gave up a recent early second round pick (Procida) and what will be an early second rounder in the upcoming draft.

I think Fontecchio will improve our rotation and the move makes sense from a talent perspective, but just feels like another case of poor asset management.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,325

Post#96 » by vege » Thu Feb 8, 2024 12:49 pm

The-Power wrote:
vege wrote:Fontecchio is a very bad defender, if you want more information, go on and find out the stats yourself. Defensive EPM is only one metric.

What are those stats you're referring to, and why are they more instructive than D-EPM?

And the ones who have seen the most of Fontecchio, Jazz fans, pretty much universally disagree with your take that he's a bad defender – and they have no reason to talk him up anymore. But I suppose none of them knows what they are talking about, right?

Be it as it may, I came here to congratulate you guys on a very solid deal. He's an NBA-level player who fits a need for the team. Obviously this isn't a move to turn the franchise around but incremental moves towards competitiveness will be needed and he is exactly that.

https://craftednba.com/players/simone-fontecchio
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#97 » by Piston Pete » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:34 pm

Knox just got waived by the Jazz.

Weaver has an open roster spot….

Who thinks we sign Knox again and trade him again next deadline?? Lol
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,151

Post#98 » by bstein14 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:37 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Knox just got waived by the Jazz.

Weaver has an open roster spot….

Who thinks we sign Knox again and trade him again next deadline?? Lol

We can't sign him this season. Next season if he doesn't find a home anywhere else I could see him as a minimum salary 15th guy for use but I also would be even happier with Umude in that role.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,858

Post#99 » by theBigLip » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:11 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:Feels like a bit of a meh move. Fontecchio is 28 and kind of is what he is, which is a solid 20 MPG bench shooter. He would've been a RFA this offseason and there's a chance we could've just outbid others to get him.

In turn we gave up a recent early second round pick (Procida) and what will be an early second rounder in the upcoming draft.

I think Fontecchio will improve our rotation and the move makes sense from a talent perspective, but just feels like another case of poor asset management.

If we got a rotation player w the SRP, we would have been happy. We just went the direct route and got him now. And more likely to keep him this summer. But he’s not our long term starter - hopefully we get that this summer.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,986

Post#100 » by zeebneeb » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:45 am

Are we sure Fettuccine is going to be starting? Its not like he's coming over with the same pedigree as Bojan or anything.

It'll be interesting to see what the starting lineup will be.

Return to Detroit Pistons