ImageImageImage

Game 64 - Pistons vs Hornets - 7pm

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 496

Re: Game 64 - Pistons vs Hornets - 7pm 

Post#81 » by MortSahlfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:00 pm

I like Taj (hope we sign for the remainder of the year) but we need older veterans who are in the rotation.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,455

Post#82 » by Billl » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:17 pm

meh - we don't need old guys sitting on the bench. Maybe 1 tops. We need guys who can play in the rotation.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#83 » by MortSahlfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:48 pm

Williams said he’s not worried about Grimes’ shooting because of the body of work he has. Said he’s liked what he’s seen from him defensively and moving the ball, making quick decisions.

Mike Curtis: Monty on Grimes: “Troy & I talked about it this morning. If you only looked at the shooting, you would be a bit disheartened, but if you look at his game as a whole, I thought he was solid. Defensively, he was pretty good. Getting over screens & guarding the ball, playing in .5.”
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,120

Post#84 » by tmorgan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:26 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:Williams said he’s not worried about Grimes’ shooting because of the body of work he has. Said he’s liked what he’s seen from him defensively and moving the ball, making quick decisions.

Mike Curtis: Monty on Grimes: “Troy & I talked about it this morning. If you only looked at the shooting, you would be a bit disheartened, but if you look at his game as a whole, I thought he was solid. Defensively, he was pretty good. Getting over screens & guarding the ball, playing in .5.”

This whole .5 stuff is utter nonsense. We feature Cade. He’s not quickly passing the ball, he’s probing the mid-range, taking step backs, throwing lobs…. and he’s been doing it well for a while now.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#85 » by MortSahlfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:33 pm

tmorgan wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:Williams said he’s not worried about Grimes’ shooting because of the body of work he has. Said he’s liked what he’s seen from him defensively and moving the ball, making quick decisions.

This whole .5 stuff is utter nonsense. We feature Cade. He’s not quickly passing the ball, he’s probing the mid-range, taking step backs, throwing lobs…. and he’s been doing it well for a while now.

The problem is if one guy isn't a good passer, quick reactor, then it doesn't matter. But when guys get open, Cade will pass it up, and I don't remember the Suns being a ".5" offensive team. They had KD and Booker dribbling a lot, despite being good passers. Ausar cuts, but that's about it. The others just shoot 3's. That was one good thing about Tobias Harris, too, one guy I can see coming here.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,262

Post#86 » by BDM22 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:43 pm

tmorgan wrote:

It's more like .5 for everyone but Cade. "If you don't shoot it within .5 when he gets you the ball, pass it back to Cade and start over" lol

Return to Detroit Pistons